• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

And it is glorious!

Posted Image

Had to share that little jewel I made during the PTS.

#2 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

Too bad the Jaguars took from us the maifacture rights for this beast.

After all, i believe the Timber Wolf would be quite a better iconic 'Mech for Clan Wolf, quiaff? :)

#3 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

We did get the rights back...

#4 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

The Direwolfs is a Smoke Jaguar cluster.... you don't want to name your clan after another clans cluster?

#5 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

The Dire Wolves ins the name of Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy ( and later Clan Wolf-in-exile)

http://www.sarna.net...olf-in-Exile%29

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostGyrok, on 16 June 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

We did get the rights back...

When and where? :D

#7 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

From Sarna:

"Clan Wolf began production of the OmniMech on Strana Mechty as well; Star Colonel Ulric won a trial of possession to expand manufacture into Clan Wolf. Beyond the limited manufacture of the Dire Wolf on Outreach, all Dire Wolves outside of Clans Smoke Jaguar and Wolf (or the Wolf's Dragoons) are either gifts, isorla or were acquired through trade."

And then from TRO 3050 Upgrade:

"After losing the design to the Jaguars, the Wolves honor demanded action, but a Trial of Refusal would have compelled the proud Jaguars to escalate the conflict. In- stead, Star Colonel Ulric initiated a Trial of Possession only for the rights to manufacture the Daishi, which he won in 3019."

Edited by Rouken, 16 June 2014 - 07:01 AM.

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

I see, i do not have the TRO 3050.

#9 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

The loadout is as follows (for what I had setup in that pic)

2x UAC10
2x C-LRM15
6x Medium Pulse Laser (can be swapped for 6ML adding in a hellva lot more ammo for everything).

Its a very balanced build, and very powerful too. Once the Minimum range is removed from the LRM's (didn't make it into the clan patch but will be one in either a hotfix or the next patch) it will be even better in close combat then it is now. The build looks much like what would be on an Atlas, if you mixed the AS7-D with the arms from the Boars Head.

It is a tossup between the Dire Wolf and the Timber for whats more iconic for Clan Wolf, and well, the Dire is a 100 ton beast....kinda gotta got with the big boy.

Also painted it in Clan Wolf Colors for that. Crimson (or any bright Red) as primary, with Polygon Grey as the secondary.

Edited by SirLANsalot, 16 June 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#10 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 June 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

When and where? :D

In a Trial of Possession over it after they stole it from us...though it was only recently in this timeline....

So both clans produce them now..

Edited by Gyrok, 16 June 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#11 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 June 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

When and where? :)

I was going to say "Right after operation Bulldog" but Rouken came up with the right answer.

#12 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

going to be using lbx 20, 2 erppc's, tag, large pulse (or uac5 depending on heat generation), and 2-3 lrm 15's or a lrm 20 and the extra space replaced with heatsinks. may or may not use a probe as dumbfiring lrm's at close range is easy. also contemplating if i need a tag with the ppc's there to nullify ecm. may trade for heatsink or medium laser. Can also drop the large pulse for more leeway in the build but they sound almost too good to pass up.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 16 June 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#13 wickedlegendz

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:10 AM

I am and have always been a clanner, so much so that I refused to join any faction what so ever to date due to the fact that my clan faction was no listed and it has not been because I have not been in high demand for which I most certainly have been. I have run the lonewolf merc routes and crushed many with every faction and been offered many positions for which refuse to dishonor them with disloyalty or dishonor myself, though at the initial start I will not be in the ranks due to financial burdens that have taken my $ for the time being but, will soon be joining in. now on to the direct reply of the topic at hand... DireWolf ( Diashi ) 3 clan lbx 20, 1 clan lbx 10, 1 clan lrm 10.. Die Well.

WickedLegendz

#14 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

While I am generally happy with the look and feel of most of the Clan mechs ..... the Dire Wolf is too squishy due to its massive CT HITBOX and SUPER SLOW SPEED it IMHO is worse than the AWSOME MECH. It feels like it is damaging itself when brawling. Very tough to fight with any thing but LRMs and sniping weapons gets cored way to fast as a huge juicy target. Just being honest here and this is feed back from many other clan members i have talked with as well. I have not elited this mech yet so I may be early with this post.

#15 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:20 AM

The Dire Wolf takes team support and some finesse to use well. The CT is hard to shield with the arms, but not impossible, considering the firepower it can bear, I think its a fair trade. But if they decide to rework the CT I will not complain. I have been doing between 500 - 900 damage a game very often. Though it does not always get the kills. The new module that denies missile locks is a must. The Dire Wolf rocks.

By default the Dire wolf has about 28 point of rear armour, move some forward.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 21 June 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#16 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

I will try your tips. I have gotten some 500 + damage matches with it but many quick death. I tried a 3 LPlaser 2 guass was pretty fun but have to stare at targets not good when CT is the size of a 727. The Atlas and the Direwolf could use armor buffs that apply to these 2 mechs ONLY. The IS and Clan Both need a super tank assault that truly make you crap your pants when you encounter them AND WITH 3/3/3/3 IN effect should not be an issue. Unseen digital armor adjustment that does not change the distribution in mech lab. This also makes the lore true makes lights focus on lights and meds. Commander Reggie," Hey Sgt Noballis take that locust and kill that Atlas!". SGT Noballis replies , " Are you nuts?.. Sir".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users