49 replies to this topic

#41 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:21 AM

View PostVxheous, on 19 June 2014 - 02:15 AM, said:

I'm running 4x CER-ML and 4x CU-AC5....So far I'm 5-1 in 6 matches with it.

Edit: I can't seem to get Smurfy to link my build. Using Prime Config with B-Torsos. 4x Clan Ultra AC5's in both torsos, and 4 tons ammo. 3x Clan ER-ML per arm, + Double heat sinks to fill. One Double Heat sink in leg. Rest of the single slots left everywhere, fill with Ammo. Gets me to 99.5 Tos.

Quad firing UAC-5s never spike your heat past 30%, and the 6 lasers give good back up.

You must be forgetting you can add ammo in half ton increments since clans came out. Now go forth and hit 100!

#42 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

View PostVxheous, on 20 June 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

4x Clan UAC-5 alpha + double tap brings my heat up to about 25%, and just sits there with constant spamming (even with ghost heat). If you don't believe me, take it into testing grounds on Tourmaline and just spam it.

I know pgi well enough to take your word for it.

Although if it will stay that way we'll see. Probably will be allowed to run unchecked until it suddenly becomes a balance issue right around the time the direwolf becomes publicly available.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 20 June 2014 - 06:11 AM.

#43 Eldante

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:41 AM

That's only true of people who never developed fine motor controll as infants.

For the rest of us they are fine.

LoL From the June 17th patch notes.

Fixed bug where volleys of C-Ultra AC/10 and Ulta AC/20 were not dealing damage.

Now indeed it is proof that they were total garbage when this thread was created....

:angry:

Edited by Eldante, 20 June 2014 - 07:59 AM.

#44 Urdasein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostEldante, on 17 June 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

No worries Uac 10's and 20's are junk. Better off using a direct 20 otherwise you will never core a target unless you have a clear shot the whole time at 1 body part. Even then your looking at 200 round's to kill anything. clan uac's are absolute garbage.

/agreed

#45 Shadow Wolf TJC

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

Personally, I wouldn't want to be caught in the open when one of these are around: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...768a859991a443b

An alpha strike of 45 may already be something to avoid getting hit with, but combine that with a high rate-of-fire, and you'll want to avoid being in this thing's line-of-sight. Moreover, unlike several other UAC-boating builds that I've seen in this thread, it runs pretty cool since it avoids building up ghost heat. Thankfully, it only has enough ammo for about 30 such alpha strikes, though pray that a bunch of them don't come charging at you, since this build is perfect for those that want to charge in guns-blazing, and do as much damage as possible before succumbing to concentrated fire.

#46 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

View PostShadow Wolf TJC, on 20 June 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

Personally, I wouldn't want to be caught in the open when one of these are around: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...768a859991a443b

An alpha strike of 45 may already be something to avoid getting hit with, but combine that with a high rate-of-fire, and you'll want to avoid being in this thing's line-of-sight. Moreover, unlike several other UAC-boating builds that I've seen in this thread, it runs pretty cool since it avoids building up ghost heat. Thankfully, it only has enough ammo for about 30 such alpha strikes, though pray that a bunch of them don't come charging at you, since this build is perfect for those that want to charge in guns-blazing, and do as much damage as possible before succumbing to concentrated fire.

granted this build can be effective, but you miss some points here:

1. its not an 45 Alpha! all Clan ACs are burstfire and thus spread damage expect the LBX isn't burstfire but spread damage anyway.

2. the cUAC5/10/20 have different cooldowns, different ranges and different projectile speeds - which makes it really hard to hit a moving target on anything but close range with all cUACs at the same time.

3. there is not a single energy weapon on that build - in the momet you run out of ammo your dead - and with having 3 different ammo types and the different cooldowns you might get in the situation where you can use only half of your cUACs

Just keep in mind:
boating cUAC20s/cAC20s/cLBX20s does not really work due to ghostheat - boating cUAC10s/cAC10s/cLBX10s or cUAC5s/cAC5s/cLBX5s does even though you get ghost heat its so small you can ignore it - and you have the space for additional energy weapons (saved my life often enough) - I personaly prefer 4 cERML - good range (450), not too much heat (20) and a nice damage (28).

As an alternatve you can go for 2 cGausse (30 alpha) + 2 cER-PPCs (20 alpha + 10 spread)

Edited by MilesTeg1982, 21 June 2014 - 03:06 AM.

#47 Aratan Aenor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 132 posts
  • LocationWhere Einstein wasn't looking...

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a3a33588b7c04a3

If you manage to land all 100 rounds in a single match, congratulations, you did 1500 damage and deserve a cookie.

Edited by Aratan Aenor, 21 June 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#48 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 20 June 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

I know pgi well enough to take your word for it.

Although if it will stay that way we'll see. Probably will be allowed to run unchecked until it suddenly becomes a balance issue right around the time the direwolf becomes publicly available.

The only time I die with the CUAC5 x4 CERML x4 build is if I somehow get caught in open ground and get LRM'ed to death. The Dire Wolf is too slow to pull back into cover in time if a mass LRM ball comes flying at it.

View PostLukoi, on 20 June 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

You must be forgetting you can add ammo in half ton increments since clans came out. Now go forth and hit 100!

There are no more slots available to even fill the last 1/2 ton.

#49 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

People are obsessed with too much ballistic on these things. I tried lots of builds, i found by far the most effective i have come across is:

Torso
2 x UAC10
2 x UAC5

Arms
4 x ERML
2 x MG's

forget the arms for ballistics, you don't want to be sticking your whole jumbo jet chassis out to take shots. Just use the torso points for the main firepower, less cover obstructs it and easier to aim.

Save the arms for close in weapons or bonus damage against easy targets. Mainly i have the arm loadout for killing/legging lights.

Nothing is sweeter than bring that dakka to bear on a hapless crippled light that knows exactly what is about to happen!

EDIT: Haven't yet tried anything with Gauss since i dislike gauss. However i have no doubt it could be very effective....

Edited by Fade Akira, 22 June 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#50 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:56 AM

My prime is lumbering around with 2x CGauss, 2x CErPPC and 4x CErML. I think this might be my most effective mech curretly although you are often left behind by your team.

My B carries 2x UAC10 and 4x UAC2 and tons and tons of ammo. This one is my favorite mech to play because of the amount of dakka it throws at the enemy. Too bad it rarely kills anything. Bad build if you want to get kills and do a lot of damage but still so much fun.

Cannot remember what my third big canine carries.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users