123 replies to this topic

#101 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

Well I gae the SC more tries on weekend because of the double XP stuff.

Laser Vomit build to alpha strike without ghostheat
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cf7fd7ab1d65c1e

was way too good working nasty build. with 2xxp first match 2x xp and premium this jus gave me 8,8k XP in my first match.

I wonder what this build does when being fully skilled and equipped with modules, thats going to be quit evil.
Module reocmmedations are either
CERML range + cooldown
or
CERML range + CERLL colldown, so that the CERLL has a coldown more close to the CERML.

View PostDark DeLaurel, on 21 September 2014 - 01:24 AM, said:

And here I thought we were talking about this evil bird
Posted Image

I use the stock prime and just a gauss ermlas a i think it is.

hah, good old times.

Edited by Lily from animove, 22 September 2014 - 12:54 AM.

#102 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

SRM Brawler updated for post-ERML nerf.

View PostKain Thul, on 21 September 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

I do not like the hardpoints on the C or D.

I replaced the head omnipod on the Prime to get rid of that awful 10% less armor quirk and thought since this is more of a hit and run machine that the LPL would suit more than the CERLL and their required long "face time".

I removed enough of the DHS to cram a CLPL and CERML in each arm and like it so far. I think I"ll try 2 x ERPPC and throw an AMS on next and see how that works for ambushing and survivability.

Why are you keeping stock hardpoints?

You realize that 10% less armor in your head is only 2 points, right?

2xERPPC is too hot on this mech. The mech is better suited to larger alphas and higher DPS than playing the pinpoint game. Unless you're comfortable with Gauss.

Edited by Mizeur, 28 September 2014 - 10:11 AM.

#103 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostMizeur, on 28 September 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

2xERPPC is too hot on this mech. The mech is better suited to larger alphas and higher DPS than playing the pinpoint game. Unless you're comfortable with Gauss.

I thought that negative quirk on the head applied the armor debuff to the entire 'mech?

As it is I've been exploring my options again. I think the LPL is much more suited to the fast, flyby, hit and run nature of this 'mech than the CERLL (1.6 face time) and definitely helps kill lights faster but I can't help but sometimes consider going back to the 2 x CERLL/3 x CERML configuration. If I slap on a different RT to prime I can get another energy hardpoint but to add that laser means removing yet another heatsink. I wonder just "how hot" 2 x CLPL/3 x CERML would be.

Mostly I'm just looking at a way to finish people off better. I have a good W/L in my Stormcrow prime but terrible K/D ratio. Usually what I try to do is "end stalemates", pick at the sides and rear of the enemy deathball in an attempt to break it up. Often times they do break it up completely to hunt me down and kill me and though I have a nice outcome on the match (breaking up enemy formation, 300-400 damage and a few assists) my K/D suffers.

I have yet to try the 2 x CERPPCs and maybe won't. I do favor "pinpoint" weapons to hitscan lasers though it seems to be a much faster way to kill people.

For example on my Timberwolf my W/L and K/D all vastly favor my 2 x CERPPC 1 x CGauss build over my 2 x CLPL 4 x CERML build that is considered the "standard" right now. Sure, the "laser vomit" gets great damage numbers but once again, I find they are inflated due to it getting spread around. I've actually had 750 damage and 0 kills before in it.

Just two PPCs though is probably not enough for 55 tons (my freakin' Adder carries the same loadout) so I guess I'll never even experiment with it and continue to run the Stormcrow as a "laser vomit" build.

Edit: I changed out my RT pod for the one with a laser hardpoint to run a third CERML again with the 2 CLPLs.

Even losing another DHS the heat is managable (1.12 according to mechlab) since my preferred play is peekabo, hit and run type play with this mech. I think I'll keep it this way. I may change out the LPL range module for the CERML range module though. That way the two weapons synergize even more.

Edited by Kain Thul, 28 September 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#104 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:58 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 28 September 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

(...)
Mostly I'm just looking at a way to finish people off better. I have a good W/L in my Stormcrow prime but terrible K/D ratio. Usually what I try to do is "end stalemates", pick at the sides and rear of the enemy deathball in an attempt to break it up. Often times they do break it up completely to hunt me down and kill me and though I have a nice outcome on the match (breaking up enemy formation, 300-400 damage and a few assists) my K/D suffers.(...)

Use this - LaserCrow v2 as flanking sniper/harasser.I tested its potency in 20 matches,here are the results - https://docs.google....UtGs/edit?pli=1
Mapa -> map
Śmierć -> has been killed (1 true,0 survived)
Zniszczonych -> kills
Asysty -> assists
Obrażenia -> damage dealt

#105 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

Anyone running Gauss on their Stormcrow?

I've been seeing it more and more lately and I thought about trying this in my Stormcrow C:

2 x CERLL (LT and RT)
1 x CGAUSS (Left Arm)

This leaves nothing in the right arm so I take out all of the armor and have enough space for 4 tons of ammo. I'm hesitant to try this though because I really don't like CERLLs (long burn time and their damage just seems to be so easily spread) but I wouldn't know what else to run with the Gauss that could be used at similar ranges that fit the tonnage and hardpoints.

EDIT:

THis build was junk and I run the standard gauss rifle plus 5 er medium lasers now.

Edited by Kain Thul, 06 November 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#106 Josman

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

I'm a Stormcrow convert and find this streak build works best for me (averaging 659 damage per game):

- 2 streak 4's in arms
- 3 streak 6's in torso's
- ammo in torso's
- BAP in head
- Targeting computer in arm
- Capture Acceleration module
- Cool down modules for both the 4's and 6's

Downside:
- Ammo dependant (only ran out once so far and once arms are ripped off there's plenty left for the 6's)
- No long range capability
- Need to get in close to ECM fitted mechs to acquire target.

Just recently I dropped the targetting computer, moved the BAP, change the head omni pod to allow a Tag and increased the ammo in the arms. The extra ammo helps and targeting is a lot easier with the Tag.

Edited by beljos, 26 October 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#107 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

Laser vomit

SRM Vomit

Ye Old Meta

#108 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:01 PM

I'm suddenly interested in the Stormcrow. I didn't know it was coming out before the Timber. Hypothetically if I had enough CBills for 3 Stormcrows or 3 Timbers but not all 6 is it worth buying the Stormcrow?

I've almost convinced myself I should buy the Stormcrow based on the laser build (I would probably start with 1 CLPL/6ERML) and the SRM builds alone.

View PostMizeur, on 28 September 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

What was the ERML nerf? I have a vague memory of it being 450m range ... was that it?

#109 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

View Postwarner2, on 17 October 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

I'm suddenly interested in the Stormcrow. I didn't know it was coming out before the Timber. Hypothetically if I had enough CBills for 3 Stormcrows or 3 Timbers but not all 6 is it worth buying the Stormcrow?

I've almost convinced myself I should buy the Stormcrow based on the laser build (I would probably start with 1 CLPL/6ERML) and the SRM builds alone.

What was the ERML nerf? I have a vague memory of it being 450m range ... was that it?

they increased heat from 5 to 6 and decreased range.

#110 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

View Postwarner2, on 17 October 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

I'm suddenly interested in the Stormcrow.

Does it have something to do with the current challenge? ;)

I'm also interested. Yet it's not available for but it will on the 21st and with a 45% or 50% rebate! That would be my first Clan Mech. In fact I will have to go for 3 to level one.

I know the CT tordo is the same for the 3 variants so in the end I think it doesn't matter which one I will keep BUT anyone know if they plan to add quirks to specific variants? Or quirks will apply to omni pods so again it doesn't matter?

#111 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:51 AM

There are already quirks attached to omni-pods e.g.: http://mwomercs.com/...specifications/

#112 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:24 PM

This new C-LPL sure has me rethinking my SCR-PRIME with 2 x C-LPL 4 x C-ERML. Runs pretty ******* hot now but 1 heat sink really won't dissipate heat much better and I'd rather have the 4 C-ERML aroudn for when I do have the chance to alpha.

#113 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:27 PM

Well I've decided to say **** it and embrace the heat.

I run 2 x CLPL 5 x CERML now. Makes for 1 hell of an alpha and I use it when I can and fire smaller groups when I have to. I moved the CLPLs to the LT and RT mounts so I can peek/hill hump with just those at times too. I like this setup but it really suits hit and run, hit and re-position type play. If I dropped 2 lasers for two heat sinks my dissipation wouldn't be that much better anyway.

#114 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 05 November 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

Well I've decided to say **** it and embrace the heat.

I run 2 x CLPL 5 x CERML now. Makes for 1 hell of an alpha and I use it when I can and fire smaller groups when I have to. I moved the CLPLs to the LT and RT mounts so I can peek/hill hump with just those at times too. I like this setup but it really suits hit and run, hit and re-position type play. If I dropped 2 lasers for two heat sinks my dissipation wouldn't be that much better anyway.

Sounds terrifying.

Can you pull off 2 alphas with all those weapons?

Edited by Napes339, 06 November 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#115 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostNapes339, on 06 November 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Sounds terrifying.

Can you pull off 2 alphas with all those weapons?

Not with all 7. Firing all 7 brings heat up to 63% and on a neutral map all weapons will be up again around the time you hit 48-50%. The way I have them grouped though I can fire all but the head laser almost as soon as they are up again. Of course, I carry two cool shots so in a pinch I can fire off a few alphas in a row but so far I'm making my living with flanking attempts to use this massive alpha on someone's back then re-position and try it again. I think I surprised a few people with this alpha last night--I 1 shot a few lights and an Ice Ferret and made a few Atlases retreat.

#116 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 06 November 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Not with all 7. Firing all 7 brings heat up to 63% and on a neutral map all weapons will be up again around the time you hit 48-50%. The way I have them grouped though I can fire all but the head laser almost as soon as they are up again. Of course, I carry two cool shots so in a pinch I can fire off a few alphas in a row but so far I'm making my living with flanking attempts to use this massive alpha on someone's back then re-position and try it again. I think I surprised a few people with this alpha last night--I 1 shot a few lights and an Ice Ferret and made a few Atlases retreat.

Nice! Right now the only reason I'm considering keeping the ERlarge vs the Large pulses is to differentiate the Crow from the Timber Wolf since it's just laser vomit on another chassis. On the other hand, the TBR has more cooling, a pair of sweet sounding machine guns and some jump jets.

#117 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:37 PM

I'm actually running one less laser on my TBR-C "laser vomit" since I will not use the "S" torso. I fill all remaining slots with heat sinks and when I run out of room cram in a TC MK I and CAP. I hardly ever use that 'mech anymore though (maybe when the "A" or its pods come out I'll use a RT that allows for the 7th laser) because my favorite Timberwolf is by far 2 x C-ERPPC 1 x C-Gauss.

I guess 2 x C-ERLL 5 x CERML would have a 4 point lower alpha but carry 4 more heat sinks. I thought about running it and maybe will give it a try again but the long beam duration on the C-ERLL always seems to make me spread around the damage an obscene amount.

#118 michaelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:17 AM

Any interesting ballistic configs people are using ?

I'm trying Gauss +2 ER LL but I can't adjust to switching from gauss to lasers aiming comfortably.

#119 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

View Postmichaelius, on 11 November 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

I'm trying Gauss +2 ER LL but I can't adjust to switching from gauss to lasers aiming comfortably.

I tried that but just not enough punch. I switched to Gauss with 5 C-ERMLs. I've become pretty accustomed to Gauss + laser spam builds I map my Gauss to right mouse click and aim while charging using "shift" for the temporary arm lock to make fine movements easier and time my laser alpha strike with the gauss release.

#120 churchofjt

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

View Postmichaelius, on 11 November 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

I've been running Guass, 2xML,3xSL in the faction challenge. I've been pleased with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users