• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

View PostKelenas, on 04 August 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

That's less than half the streaks you should be taking lol. Streak-18-Crow is best Crow.

6-packs cycle really slow. You're probably better off with 4-packs and back-up lasers.

#62 Kelenas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostEscef, on 04 August 2014 - 02:22 AM, said:

6-packs cycle really slow. You're probably better off with 4-packs and back-up lasers.

6 packs are also light enough to let you bring plenty of lasers, heat sinks and ammo. The full 18 build(SCR-PRIME) isn't meant for sustained fighting, it's a vulture and a skirmisher. You don't need sustained streams of rockets when your plan is to poke in and out and deal as much damage as possible in a very short time before fading back into the fog of war and finding another target. I've been doing very well with it.

#63 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostKelenas, on 04 August 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

6 packs are also light enough to let you bring plenty of lasers, heat sinks and ammo. The full 18 build(SCR-PRIME) isn't meant for sustained fighting, it's a vulture and a skirmisher. You don't need sustained streams of rockets when your plan is to poke in and out and deal as much damage as possible in a very short time before fading back into the fog of war and finding another target. I've been doing very well with it.

Doesn't look bad. I'd still consider dropping to 4-packs and upping one of the mediums to an ERLL. But that's just personal preference.

#64 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

@Kelenas
Everything is all right as long as you're the attacking side,and the target isn't fast enough to flee.But when it's you who has been attacked inability to endure sustained fight starts to matter.And 7s of cooldown between barrages.

#65 Kelenas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

View PostMasterBLB, on 04 August 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

@Kelenas
Everything is all right as long as you're the attacking side,and the target isn't fast enough to flee.But when it's you who has been attacked inability to endure sustained fight starts to matter.And 7s of cooldown between barrages.

it's still slightly more overall damage with the 6 packs even with the long cooldown, and the Stormcrow is generally fast enough to pull back and re-position if pushed on. If the target is fast enough to flee you want to get as many missiles out as quickly as you can anyhow. I might try a 4 pack build with some more heat sinks at some point tho, just to see how it feels on the hotter maps, but I'm sure I'd feel the lower punch on cold maps.

Been working on mastering my last Stormcrow and trying out new builds on it. Having a fair amount of success with the 2 ppc+4 small laser build on maps that aren't terra therma.

#66 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:40 PM

The best I could achieve with bigger streak pack is such StreakCrow.Instant 18 rockets in face at the very beginning of fight,then ability to sustain fire and shoot each ~3s.And as add-on large laser to have something to do during long-range fights,and be able to strike weakened by streaks components.

#67 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

I've had some fun with 4xERML+UAC20. The double-tap on the UAC20 makes it a tad too hot but it's situationally effective. Haven't found a UAC10 combination that I like yet, having tried it both with energy and SRMs.

Just started having some fun with Gauss+2xERML+1xERLL+MK1TC. Might switch that up for Gauss+5xERML or a combination of ERMLs with ERSLs or SPLs.

#68 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

Been having the best luck with this.

Posted Image

#69 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

The ERLL changes really did a number on the all-energy builds but certainly promotes more variety among loadouts.

You can switch to 2xLPL, 4xERML+TC1 (or an extra DHS or 5xERML). Or 2xLPL, 3xERML, 2xERSL. Or drop one of the LPLs for a large TC. Or go all ERMLs plus a large TC. But I'm preferring 3xERML to 5xERML plus a ballistic or SRMs. Can throw in a NARC if you're feeling cheeky.

Haven't tried C-LRMs lately but I assume they're probably the same or slightly more viable.

Edited by Mizeur, 10 August 2014 - 08:26 PM.

#70 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

Currently trying this SCR-PRIME.1 ERPPC/4ML/2SRM6wArtemis(2)/TC1/5DHS

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 11 August 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#71 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

so it seems a given that one should replace c-pulse lasers with c-erlasers?

does anyone use anything smaller than a gauss rifle or lb20x's for ballistics?

#72 Kelenas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 13 August 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

I've built a 6 er-medium 1 large pulse crow, but I haven't really tested it out much.

As to ballistics, I think the Lbx20 build is just a waste since you can have 3 ASrm6s or SSrm6s. You get a little more range with the Lbx but you lose the stopping power of 18 Srms on a low cooldown. I keep one of my variants armed with 5 er-mediums and a Uac10. It's got a lot of raw power in straight up fights, but doesn't fit my playstyle with the crow as well as my 4 er-medium+3SSrm6 build. Been farming up some C-bills on my StreakCrow tonight, and beyond getting like 75% frozen city blizzard it's been going quite well. Streaks eat up components like nobody's business so it's easily my top earner, right up there with lurm boat Timberwolf Prime.

#73 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 13 August 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

I tried all ballistic weapons on Stormcrow,I've found most convenient and potent to use are UAC5,LBX20 then UAC20 and Gauss.
UAC5 combines good fire rate able to constantly shoot at enemy forcing it to twist/disengage.And 3-round burst does not spread too badly
LBX20 has absoluetly brutal devastating power when shoot at unarmored components.And does that in one,single shoot with pretty good concentration.
UAC20 is also good,however it's less potent against faster moving mechs.You need to position yourself correctly and use it as weapon of opportunity to put 40 damage in back/side of unaware enemy.In direct,close brawl is not that good due to 5-rounds burst.
Gauss.Nuff said,works exactly as IS one but it's lighter and smaller.

I've tested UAC10,but I was not impressed.Yet I'm going to give it another chance some day.

#74 Cuddlytron

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRichland, WA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

After the CERLL nerf, CERML boats look like a good alternative. Range is boosted to 477m with the targeting comp, and heat is totally manageable with 20 DHS (40% heat efficiency in Smurfy).

7 x ERML
TC Mk V
CAP
20 DHS

SCR-PRIME

It's like the HBK Mlas-back, except better in almost every way... ;)

#75 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

Just finished eliteing mine this weekend. Mostly let with base Omnipods and minor tweaks, ended up settling on

Prime - 2 ERLL and 3 ER ML along with increased zoom module just a monster. One of my fav's

C - LBX20, 1 LPL and 2 ER ML hold off on 20 until mechs get a bit chewed up stick to sniping with LPL. Ended up being very effective.

D - 2 LRM 20, 2 ERML and Tag changed the torso and head pods torso just way to much missiles to reliant on ammo. Swapping out to ERML and Tag gave me more weight for ammo and something to do on those few occasions at end were ammo ran out. Quite the effective supporter with 106 KPH. Tag is the key being able to tag ECM mech and light them up is just nasty, really tag is a must have.

All in all Stormcrow with its flexibility of weapons and ability too twist to cover its full 360 is one of the best mechs I have played so far and can take a pounding.

Edited by Mad Ox, 18 August 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#76 Verrue

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

Found myself using this build for D- Variant (bored of LRM lately) :

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3d82668ee002660

Close/mid range build:

4 ERmed
3SRM6 + ARTIV

Edited by Verrue, 20 August 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#77 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

Hey buddy, look at this

http://www.mechspecs...hp?topic=7142.0

If you like the 3SRM6 build try the 4xSRM6 one!

#78 Star Colonel Silver Surat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:48 AM

Regular SRMs don't work that well on the Stormcrow. It's wide for a medium mech, especially the arm hardpoints, so your missiles spread out all over the place.

#79 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostStar Colonel Silver Surat, on 21 August 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

Regular SRMs don't work that well on the Stormcrow. It's wide for a medium mech, especially the arm hardpoints, so your missiles spread out all over the place.

That's only true between 150-270m. And why would you use SRMs at max range, anyway? Closer than that spread isn't an issue, particularly if you don't have to lead the target.

SSRMs spread even worse because of their random lock.

#80 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

Every decent build has only the 3 torso launchers anyway. The mech is basically a 4SP on steroids, no?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users