3 ER ML

Build 2:

LB-20X (3 tons ammo)
4 ER ML

Build 3:

LRM 15
2 SRM 6
4 ER ML

All builds run fill the rest of the weight and space with the maximum amount of DHS.

#43 Vherak

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

This has been what I've been using for my SCR-D, it runs hot as hell but I find it a blast to play with and is rather versatile.

#44 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 02 July 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

The SCR-PRIME Point & Click, running with Radar Deprivation, Advanced Zoom and Target Info Gathering. Simple, stupid, one head ML for zombie mode, should you live that far (own weapon group; perhaps I'll try a targeting computer after today's patch).

That's pretty potent.

ETA: This is currently my most effective mech. The 3xASRM6+lasers is more fun with a hit and run playstyle. But this is a lot more efficient.

Edited by Mizeur, 12 July 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#45 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

Prime: stock. Somehow I'm netting an average of 660 damage with this glorious *******.
C: Gauss Rifle, ER large laser, 2 ER medium lasers. Sneaky.
D: 2 ER large lasers, 2 ER Medium lasers, 2 LRM 10s. Runs hot.

#46 Kelenas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

I've pretty much fallen in love with the Stormcrow over the last few weeks. It has everything you want in a medium mech: high damage loadouts, speed, and some of the best damage spreading of any mech. I've tried the 2 er large 5 er medium build to moderate success but I've mostly been rolling around in this on my prime chassis:

SCR-PRIME
Modules: Seismic Sensor, Radar Deprivation, Target info Gathering

you can safely cut a heat sink for a zombie laser in the prime head but I like the better heat control. 4 tons of ammo seems like a lot but I kept running out early with 3. Early on I roll with the assaults and defend them from lights and such. Once the battle is truly joined I search for open torsos to throw 18 streaks at and chase down crippled mechs, twisting and spreading damage before turning tail and running back to the outskirts to stalk another weakened target.

#47 UBCslayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

I can confirm that this build is a beast:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1dcb486247d5ae9

I've had even more success running 3 Large Lasers (all in the high mounted torso hardpoints) and 4 Medium Lasers in the arms. Results speak for themselves... these are from both the solo queue and group games, and were before I even had most of the pilot upgrades:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostUBCslayer, on 19 July 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

I can confirm that this build is a beast:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1dcb486247d5ae9

I've had even more success running 3 Large Lasers (all in the high mounted torso hardpoints) and 4 Medium Lasers in the arms. Results speak for themselves... these are from both the solo queue and group games, and were before I even had most of the pilot upgrades:

For the 3xERLL,4xERML version, how do you have the groups assigned?

#49 UBCslayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

View PostMizeur, on 19 July 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

For the 3xERLL,4xERML version, how do you have the groups assigned?

Group 1: 2 ML on left arm
Group 2: 2 ML on right arm
Group 3: 3 LL on torso
Group 4: chain fire LL
Group 5: alpha strike... use sparingly, but you have a huge pinpoint alpha that will all but guarantee a kill when needed if you`re good at holding lasers on target.

Edited by UBCslayer, 19 July 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#50 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

I find the SCR-Prime to be a heck of a money-maker. With a targeting comp for crit bonus, a batch of those yummy Clan lasers, and stuffed with heatsinks, it's amazingly easy to use. Just point and shoot at whatever's in range, hold your lasers steady, and you're almost guaranteed to finish with plenty of damage and a few kills.

If anything, the SCR feels like a Hunchie+5. In fact, it's got the same torso+arm horizontal twist as the Hunchie, giving rise to similar owl-turn-and-shoot-stuff-behind-you antics.

Of course, it also helps that I once piloted a No-Hunch 4J with 2xLL and 4xML to brawl, so that means I got some prior practice.

#51 UBCslayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

Have the double basics on this Stormcrow now, and it`s operating at full efficiency:

Posted Image

The 3 large lasers get a bit toasty on hot maps, so you will have to chain fire them sometimes... still, good results are possible if you play it right.

Posted Image

#52 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostGuitar Czar, on 21 June 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

SCR-C

Cause there's something humorous about people thinking you're a sniper build until they try to close distance with you and get an SRM12 in the face. Does run kind of hot though.

View PostKiiyor, on 21 June 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

SCR-KERBLAMMO

If you don't want to run the Prime, you can achieve similar results with the other two variants.

View PostNapes339, on 25 June 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

Knockout

Thanks to the power of C-ERMlas, a pair is more than enough. The 4xASRM6 prodives plenty of short range punch and you can alpha them without worrying too much about heat.

I combined the thoughts behind these 3. 4xASRM6, 2xERLL (1 in the head, 1 in a torso). Watch your heat.

Edited by Mizeur, 22 July 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#53 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostUBCslayer, on 21 July 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

The 3 large lasers get a bit toasty on hot maps, so you will have to chain fire them sometimes... still, good results are possible if you play it right.

Nice - do you mount them in the torsos and use the arms as extremely thin shields?

Edit: NVM, I should have read your previous posts :)

Edited by Kiiyor, 22 July 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#54 PharmEcis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSilver Spring, MD

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

I've been having a blast with this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2efcb38e5dce8b4

Doing this kind of work!

Posted Image

Edited by PharmEcis, 22 July 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#55 Tiger Shark

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

I am running the 2LL+5ML build a lot as well. Previously I was playing with the LBX20+5ML build mostly, but was getting myself into trouble brawling with bigger mechs sometimes.
3LL+4ML seems like it will run even hotter than the 2LL+5ML, but the higher 3LL mounts might work better from behind cover.

#56 Cuddlytron

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRichland, WA

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostScurry, on 20 July 2014 - 05:05 AM, said:

I find the SCR-Prime to be a heck of a money-maker. With a targeting comp for crit bonus, a batch of those yummy Clan lasers, and stuffed with heatsinks, it's amazingly easy to use. Just point and shoot at whatever's in range, hold your lasers steady, and you're almost guaranteed to finish with plenty of damage and a few kills.

If anything, the SCR feels like a Hunchie+5. In fact, it's got the same torso+arm horizontal twist as the Hunchie, giving rise to similar owl-turn-and-shoot-stuff-behind-you antics.

Of course, it also helps that I once piloted a No-Hunch 4J with 2xLL and 4xML to brawl, so that means I got some prior practice.

The Stormcrow is a complete monster. I feel like I'm cheating in this thing. Games with 600+ damage and multiple kills are the norm, even in a lost match.

Agreed that the SCR fits like a glove for anyone who feels at home in a HBK. Similar maneuverability, responsiveness, and twist range as the HBK with max engine (shoot behind yourself!). HBK is my fav IS medium. SCR is like a HBK on crack. Can't get enough...

Posted Image

#57 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

View PostCuddlytron, on 03 August 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

(...)
Agreed that the SCR fits like a glove for anyone who feels at home in a HBK. Similar maneuverability, responsiveness, and twist range as the HBK with max engine (shoot behind yourself!). HBK is my fav IS medium. SCR is like a HBK on crack. Can't get enough...

Exactly.With the exception thanks to omnipods Stormcrow can make configurations Hunchback can only dream of.
Damn,I have over 40 projects of SCR in smurfy's mechlab...and still there is space to invent few more.

Well,I'm one of these Hunchback lovers,so once I've build such Crow 4SP in mechlab I knew I have to get the Stormcrow immediately.Best spent 55 bucks in all online game ever.

Sadly,it has been gimped by removing one mech module slot,3 were really handy.

#58 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:38 PM

View PostMasterBLB, on 03 August 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

Sadly,it has been gimped by removing one mech module slot,3 were really handy.

I used to carry the Target Info Gathering (TIG) module as my first and foremost module; now I use the Targeting Computer Mk I and feel it is a good replacement for the TIG module plus other bonuses. Only my twin ERPCC Adder is left without the TC because of that blasted flamer takes up half a ton and critical that I need for it.

#59 Kelenas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:43 AM

View PostMasterBLB, on 03 August 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

Well,I'm one of these Hunchback lovers,so once I've build such Crow 4SP in mechlab I knew I have to get the Stormcrow immediately.Best spent 55 bucks in all online game ever.

That's less than half the streaks you should be taking lol. Streak-18-Crow is best Crow.

I have been missing my extra module, still not sure if I wanna be taking info gathering or seismic to go along with my radar derp. Not gonna complain though, I'll take a module nerf before they see how strong the crow is and nerf something real.

Edited by Kelenas, 04 August 2014 - 01:47 AM.

#60 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:14 AM

View PostKelenas, on 04 August 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

That's less than half the streaks you should be taking lol. Streak-18-Crow is best Crow.

Well,I prefer sustained 4-rocket stream able to shoot around each 2.5s over 18 missiles once per 7s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users