123 replies to this topic

#121 Xythius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

View Postmichaelius, on 11 November 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

Any interesting ballistic configs people are using ?

I'm trying Gauss +2 ER LL but I can't adjust to switching from gauss to lasers aiming comfortably.

My ballistic build is a UAC20 in the left arm & 3x ERML in the torso's/head. It's currently my favorite SCR build.

Edited by Xythius, 16 November 2014 - 07:04 AM.

#122 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

Well as much fun as I had with 2 x CLPL 5 x CERML it really was just too hot.

Running around backstabbing and picking your spots it worked well enough (1 shotting lights was fun) but on some of the hottest maps the cooldown time was just too much.

I hated to do it since IMO the CERLL just spreads so much damage but I went back to them so I could get 4 more heat sinks in.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...15e80ce736492af

This is now my go-to Medium. It still runs hot and the alpha is 4 points lower with more burn time but against slow moving or stationary 'mechs it really hurts, especially from behind. I didn't play before they bumped the C-ERML up to 6 heat so I imagine this used to be a popular build.....I can only dream of what this was like with 5 less heat per alpha. Was this the most popular Stormcrow build before the C-ERMLs nerfs? I imagine it had to be top 3.

I've had several 900+ damage games on the new map with this by corner/hill humping on the high grounds. The LT/RT mounted C-ERLLs really shine when grouped together for times when you just barely want to expose yourself. Not the best build for running around fast and shooting other moving objects but if you want to be sneaky and flank/backstab reposition I find the heat reasonable and the alpha/range combination to be nice.

Edited by Kain Thul, 25 November 2014 - 01:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users