Clan Wolf Zeta Galaxy "the Black Wolves" [Recruiting 18+]

60 replies to this topic

#1 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image

Greetings, and thank you for your interest in the Black Wolves!

First off, I stress that this is a NON-CANON unit, the Black Wolves are a legacy built and entirely owned by us. No one else can lay claim to what we are, and we have the freedom to make the unit what we want it to be!

Summary:
This unit has been around since the beginning of Mechwarrior Online. Damn, what a ride. We started out as the Black Wolves Mercenary Company, a cover for what we really are: the secret black ops Zeta Galaxy of Clan Wolf. For simplicity's sake, you can consider us the Wolf's Dragoons no one ever noticed, except instead of being a scouting run, we were sent to the Inner Sphere for combat experience against a non-Clan foe in preparation of the Invasion. Some may know us from our competition team which placed in the finals of the first Run Hot or Die Tournament, or from the beginning of open beta with our "AAARRRRROOOOOOOO" battlecry upon entering a match (and often after hard fights). As the Clan Invasion has finally come to MWO, we can now openly identify as Zeta Galaxy, although the B.W.M.C. roots are not to be forgotten, and has been taken up as our identity in all other games.

We have a core of pilots who are very skilled and have a thorough understanding of the game and the Battletech universe. We are tightly-knit and despite being competitive we still have fun with the game. We run both private and public matches, and while we always aim to win we are NOT so hardcore that pilots are ripped apart for making mistakes, although criticisms are made in interest of helping a pilot improve. We do not have time requirements, we are strictly a real-life-first unit. However, we do encourage as much activity from our pilots as they can reasonably give and require pilots to be on Teamspeak 3 when playing. Although much of our MWO playerbase has been dormant for a number of months, many are surging back after the Clan release. We are coming back with a vengeance, and are welcoming new members to the pack.

Since the Black Wolves formed when MWO began, we have evolved into a multi-game community, involved in a wide spread of games. We are eagerly awaiting Star Citizen's full release, and we have a presence in games such as War Thunder, Warframe, EvE Online, Team Fortress 2, Supreme Commander and whatever else we feel like playing. Members are more than welcome to suggest games to the greater community at any time.

Requirements:
If you are looking for a unit willing to win together and have a blast, here is what we are looking for in pilots:

- Age 18 or older

- Proficient at piloting a wide variety of 'Mechs, with sound tactical sense, situational awareness, and ability to following orders.

- Proficiency at operating as part of a unit, with good teamwork and respect for other pilots of the unit.

- Willingness to improve. This includes being able to take and consider constructive feedback from teammates in both 'Mech builds and battlefield tactics.

- A love of BattleTech! And if you are new and do not understand the lore, having a willingness to learn.

Combat Style:
We are known for being aggressive and lethal on the battlefield. When 'bunching up' occurs in pug matches, we are often the ones to lead a line-breaker charge. Most of us identify with a 'get-up-and-personal' combat style, and some of the best brawler pilots you will meet on the battlefield are in our ranks.

The Black Wolves operate under a Wolf Pack combat doctrine in competitive matches, which is based on two primary pillars:

- Flexibility : Black Wolf pilots are expected to be able to adapt rapidly under combat conditions, and off the field. In competition, battlefield Command and Control (C&C) can become fluid. Wolves are expected to be able to switch fire teams and be able to take orders from anyone at any time, as disconnects and/or combat losses can change who is in overall command. This also includes the ability to switch from a predefined strategy into something new on the fly.

- Lethality : Wolves are expected to master both coordinated fire in squads of any size or composition, and be lethal and efficient individually in single combat. Individual lethality contributes to the effectiveness of the group as a whole, and when combined makes a very potent fire team. Pilots are not expected to take down Assault 'Mechs with Lights, although it is very possible to do and many members of the Wolves have done this several times in single combat. However, pilots are expected to learn how to operate their personal machines to the maximum efficiency they can achieve, while maintaining a level head in combat.

JOINING:
If the above sounds like what you are looking to be a part of, then by all means please apply! We are open to hardened veterans and those looking at BattleTech with fresh eyes alike. All we ask is that you are dedicated to improving yourself, the unit, and the universe of BattleTech. To apply, copy the application form below and fill it out.

Preferred call-sign (If any): [should be a shortened version of your name]
Experience (both TT and MW):
Preferred 'Mech class and roles:
Why you want to join the Wolves [Detail appreciated]:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Questions and concerns:

Example application:

Timezone: EDT [GMT -4]
Preferred call-sign: Alaric
Experience : 11 years playing Mechwarrior 4, occasional TT, mostly MWDA.
Preferred 'Mech class and roles
: Heavy - Assault Classes; Catapult, Stalker, Summoner, Warhawk. Brawling, Attack and Heavy Harassment roles
Why you want to join the Wolves: Because these guys are an awesome crew to play with, and there is no one else I would rather have beside my in those tough line fights.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a longtime fan of all things Battletech, been addicted to it since I was introduced to the universe at a Summer camp when I was 9. Soon after I began collecting minis (I now have well over a thousand) and I still remember finding a MW4: Mercenaries box in a Games Boutique 11 years ago when it released. I have played that game through several times a year ever since. For as much flak as it often gets, MW4 was a damn good game although it did mess several things up a bit. Additionally, about half my bookshelf is taken up by Battletech novels, and I am still looking for more!
Questions and concerns: Why am I not piloting a Battlemech right now?

Commanding Officer - Alaric Wolf Kerensky
Executive Officer - Jorudor
Recruitment Officer - GumbyC2C

http://blackwolves.enjin.com/?welcome
Posted Image

#2 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:55 AM

If you are looking to play with a group that will improve your K/D, you may not be in the right place. If you are looking for a group that will improve your W/L, look no further. Zeta Galaxy is full of good players, but more importantly full of good folks. We are competitive but not unfriendly. If you are looking to join, stop by our website blackwolves.enjin.com and have a look around. Fill out an application.
Jump on our TS server 24.112.128.115:9989 and switch to one of our MWO channels

Also, if your unit is looking for scrimmages, let one of us know. We usually have at least a star on every night and we are always looking for a challenge. We always enjoy taking a break from dezgra stomping in public matches for a private match.

#3 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

Alpha galaxy is just gonna have to make sure we are the dominate wolf in the pack :D. Greetings, hope to meet you guys in battle and test your mettle.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 22 June 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#4 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 June 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

Alpha galaxy is just gonna have to make sure we are the dominate wolf in the pack :D. Greetings, hope to meet you guys in battle and test your mettle.

Seyla.

It is always good to prove one's self and one's unit against a worthy opponent. We look forward to many such tests

Edited by GumbyC2C, 22 June 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#5 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 June 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

Ask your Galaxy Commander, he has seen us in battle. Including myself doing 769 damage in a Stormcrow and wiping out a Lance :D

#6 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

Theses guys have been around since beta and are probably one of the first clan wolf units. I know cause I played with them back in the days of beta

#7 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 23 June 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

Theses guys have been around since beta and are probably one of the first clan wolf units. I know cause I played with them back in the days of beta

Maybe one of the first Wolf units in MWO, because others like mine date back to MW2 :D

I believe Stormwolf was a member of the Black Wolves, quiaff? Is he still around?

#8 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

Cycloner you've been around since MW2. Your overdue for a blood name

#9 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

Uh yeah, maybe the inner sphere gets names and titles for time of duty but we(us) either you win your name in combat or you end up solahma. Hence BLOOD name.

#10 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 23 June 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Cycloner you've been around since MW2. Your overdue for a blood name

Not sure here if sarcastic or not :rolleyes:

Anyway i just meant to clarify what you were -probably- meaning :D

And by the way i have not played MW2 online until a few months ago, and i will willingly fight for a Bloodname in MWO.

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 23 June 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

No sarcasm. I believe you have the knowledge of the clans and the leadership as shown with the grand council community
the only thing I'm not sure is your combat ability. Those three factors alone and the fact that you have been faithful to the franchise makes me believe you should have a blood name. I would nominate you if I could but sigh I am jade falcon and not wolf.

Do not worry as soon as we will organize a new Trial of Bloodright i will seek for a sponsor in my Clan :D

#12 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Sorry to stink up your forum Alaric, I'll post no more. And wow grimwill, just wow.

#13 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 23 June 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Sorry to stink up your forum Alaric, I'll post no more. And wow grimwill, just wow.

I have only known Falcons to "stink things." Fellow Wolves are always welcome.

View PostCyclonerM, on 23 June 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Maybe one of the first Wolf units in MWO, because others like mine date back to MW2 ^_^

I believe Stormwolf was a member of the Black Wolves, quiaff? Is he still around?

Aff, Stormwolf is a member of the Black Wolves. He took a leave of absence some time back, I am saddened to report. The Black Wolves are relatively new compared to some of our brethren. Make no mistake, we are equally ferocious.

Edit: I also need to commission Ironhawk for a new piece. The Stalker he made for the unit is fantastic, although I believe a Timber Wolf would be far more appropriate.

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 23 June 2014 - 06:14 PM.

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 23 June 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

I have only known Falcons to "stink things." Fellow Wolves are always welcome.

Aff, Stormwolf is a member of the Black Wolves. He took a leave of absence some time back, I am saddened to report. The Black Wolves are relatively new compared to some of our brethren. Make no mistake, we are equally ferocious.

I am saddened too, as i have seen many of his posts were quite good!

Edit: I also need to commission Ironhawk for a new piece. The Stalker he made for the unit is fantastic, although I believe a Timber Wolf would be far more appropriate.

Indeed. If Ironhawk is too busy, you may want to ask Odanan. He made an amazing repaint of a Timberwolf in CWiE Alpha Galaxy colors.
Posted Image

#15 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

I will keep that in mind, thank you for the tip.

#16 Hell Hound

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

I look forward in running with our brethren from zeta galaxy. I still remember your storyline for when there were only merc corps. I will be dropping by on your TS to see how you all are doing.

Till then, may the blessing of the Kerensky's be with you.

#17 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostHell Hound, on 24 June 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

I look forward in running with our brethren from zeta galaxy. I still remember your storyline for when there were only merc corps. I will be dropping by on your TS to see how you all are doing.

Till then, may the blessing of the Kerensky's be with you.

Feel welcome to step in anytime, although you are more likely to find us active in the late evening EDT time. Please tag yourself as an Alpha Galaxy Wolf when in our TS3 so you are not mistaken for a Black Wolf though.

#18 Shabahh Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

Yea so I was checking out your site, and apparently I have an account already? I don't deal with sites much so I don't know how that stuff works. Is my account shared with something I was a part of before and I don't remember?

#19 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostShabahh, on 02 July 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

Yea so I was checking out your site, and apparently I have an account already? I don't deal with sites much so I don't know how that stuff works. Is my account shared with something I was a part of before and I don't remember?

You would have an account with enjin, the host site for our page. It is likely something you were a part of previously, yes. To join a group on Enjin you log into your profile then submit an application to the group which you wish to join. A little confusing sometimes although it is not a bad system.

#20 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Bump,
We are still recruiting. If you want to be part of a clan unit where the W/L is more important than the K/D, http://blackwolves.enjin.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users