3 replies to this topic

#1 greytiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSF bay area

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

Okay... so I'm sort of technically apt. I've build the odd PC, I know a very little bit about soldering and wiring.

And I'm building a Mechpit. I have the framework laid out, and have started working on construction, and have some questions. Mostly about things people may have tried, so I'm not trying to duplicate work.
From what I've read, it's still not possible to have the map or other data routed to alternate displays, correct?

I've setting up an MFD, but some folks have had issues reprogramming the keys. Ditto with USB/Switch adapters (which I also intend to use for some keystrokes/switches on my control panel (like Heat shutdown override)).

I've read a bit on the forums, so pardon me for not reading in detail - much of what I've been reading seems to be dated from last year (or in a couple of cases, two years ago) - so I'm posting something a tad more recent in the hopes that there is more recent information.

The main things I'd like on an alternative displays are damage readouts of target mechs (Folks I lock on to) and the map.

Thoughts?

-GT

#2 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

it's still not possible to have the map or other data routed to alternate displays, correct?

Sadly correct

I've setting up an MFD, but some folks have had issues reprogramming the keys

Thrustmaster MFD's have no issues whatsoever if you have those, but of course you should use TARGET to make them do anything you want (far more capability than binding buttons...) and don't bother with the in-game mapping menu. Other MFD's you may or may not have any luck. Even so, likely there is a 3rd party software solution to most problems.

The main things I'd like on an alternative displays are damage readouts of target mechs (Folks I lock on to) and the map.

The closest to exporting the minimap that anyone had gotten was Turbo Corvair in his scale Atlas pit. He used an app called MagnifyingGlass, but as cool as it looked he hated it. Only usable for static picture taking, but unusable in play for a host of reasons...

#3 greytiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSF bay area

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

You're correct in that I have the thrustmaster MFDs.

Okay, so I'll design/build this thing with an eye towards 'maybe someday' support for multiple screens, and not center my design around the need for multiple screens.

Wish it where otherwise. Still, this is turning into a fun project, and when I have a bit more of it done I'll have to take some pictures and post some images.

The interesting part of me is designing and building the control panel. I'll need to pick up one of those programmable USB boards for wiring multiple switches, but I'm excited and can't wait to get it done!

--GT

#4 greytiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSF bay area

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

Currently stalled out my work. I have everything I need to finish this, more or less, but I sort of just want to play the last few weeks.

Pictures soon. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users