Fix: When More Than 50 Missles In Air The Guidance Is Reduced

4 replies to this topic

#1 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

Seriously the problem with missiles is when you got to many players using them. Just make it so when to many missiles are flying they reduce hit rate. When to many missiles are relying on guidance, they should get confused we to many mechs are transmitting guidance to their missiles. It makes you want to log out and quit when 12 players launch 40 missiles at you at once.

#2 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Greetings,

Just what method of guidance are the various Missiles using?

- Each launcher has a coded signal unique to there loaded missiles.
- Artimis paints the target and the Missiles guide onto that signal.
- TAG paints the target with a special coded reflecting pulsed ultraviolet laser, that the TAG equipped Missiles use to home in on.
- NARC emits a unique and powerful signal that NARC equipped Missiles lock onto and can even pull lost-lock missiles onto that target.

Notice that I stated that each launcher type has to have those special equipped Missiles loaded for them to work, this is not what we are seeing in this game, at this time. Every Missile has the capability to use any of the target acquisition devices within the game.

- This allows 2 launching Mech's to stand beside each other and launch at the same target or ones at different ranges without any loss of missile guidance or interference.
- If anything there should be some form of aerial missile collision with crossing path's, but don't hold your breath on that one as I think the missiles in flight ignore everything except collision box's.

9erRed

#3 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

For instance I just got started in River City in the middle of those little islands. I died to missiles before I could max run to a building for cover from enemy player missiles. Ido not believe missiles should be able to destroy a Mech before he can get to cover in this game from the starting positon.

#4 Jalik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostXeven, on 29 June 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

Seriously the problem with missiles is when you got to many players using them. Just make it so when to many missiles are flying they reduce hit rate. When to many missiles are relying on guidance, they should get confused we to many mechs are transmitting guidance to their missiles. It makes you want to log out and quit when 12 players launch 40 missiles at you at once.
I think everybody knows that feeling. you got a bunch of lrm boats in the enemy team, a uav in the air or some light with narc.. and they ALWAYS FOCUS ON YOU! but that's war. hide, run, close the distance, draw the fire so your team can survive.. whatever. but introducing a feature that does something in the background and messing around with player weapons in a non-transparent way is not a good way to deal with this. you would never know if your lrms gonna hit the target or not. completely out of your control. bad game mechanics. it's like random jamming mechanism for ultra auto cannons.. image we would have this... oh wait... :/

#5 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

I see your point. Agree. Something gota change the meta.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users