5 replies to this topic

#1 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

There are probably 5 or more of each Clan's Mechwarrior Website.

When I was in Blood Spirit and Star Adder, each had our forums, their own rank structure, trials, etc. Over time, i have seen muliple other sites for all the Clans, and all are real, there is no "THE Jade Falcon". or "THE Wolves" though in various times some have earned that title through reputation for a period.

How do you for see this working in MWO? If my old Clan got together, would they perhaps be Omicron Galaxy? While the German Star Adders might be Gamma Galaxy? Do you see a Keshik trialed for amongst all the members of a single Clan? Gamma galaxy might have its own website and forums and a (canon, recognized) rank structure just for its Galaxy, and a member on the Keshik. Could the Keshik then issue bloodnames through all the Galaxies to be Trialed for? Is that too much power, and doomed to fail or is it wonderful?

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

My unit is Beta Galaxy, if push comes to shove we are strictly the 304th Assault Cluster.

The unit started as a Trinary, the 72nd Assault Trinary, which is the unit you play through MW2:GBL. When MWO was announced officially, and due to having more than 15 members we decided to expand to a Cluster, which we had been in talks about anyways when we reached 15+ members.

We use Engin as our website host, it is fantastic as it offers easy customization of t he website for free with logins, recruitment forms and forums as well as a few other features, Once I have some cash, or my wife says maybe for Christmas I plan on getting a sub for the site as I have used it for 10 months already and love the site.

#3 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

That sounds like a fun idea actually. Usually we were the only CJF in whichever league we were in at the time. I have always been partial to the idea of a group of 30 guys representing a trinary/cluster size unit instead of an entire clan. In every league we have played in though, we have always represented the entire clan anyways. There would definitely be some issues to work out, but a Trial of Bloodright among 60-70 guys would be awesome and you would have really earned it if you won.

#4 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:21 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 18 November 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

How do you for see this working in MWO? If my old Clan got together, would they perhaps be Omicron Galaxy? While the German Star Adders might be Gamma Galaxy? Do you see a Keshik trialed for amongst all the members of a single Clan? Gamma galaxy might have its own website and forums and a (canon, recognized) rank structure just for its Galaxy, and a member on the Keshik. Could the Keshik then issue bloodnames through all the Galaxies to be Trialed for? Is that too much power, and doomed to fail or is it wonderful?

It's going to be interesting to see how this will actually work out, and it's probably best that you pick a unit instead of the entire clan to say that you represent seeing as you won't be able to select the entire Clan in game due to Piranha holding the names. Also, there's going to be a lot of brand new players who won't either be active on the forums or want to submit to someone else being "leader" especially if it's a group of friends (though here's hoping people will work together) so it'd be really silly to see 5 to 10 proclaimed "Clan Jade Falcon" leaders, etc.

#5 MausGMR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

Beta Galaxy - the Mistweavers here, 2nd Jaguar Guards.

#6 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

Great question, I think playing as a cluster makes the most sense. A cluster can have up tp 80 mechs (though rare) I doubt many units will ever get to more than 80 members.

I like the idea of fighting trials for the right to be the Keshik. I doubt that will happen though...just based on how things look now. Things like certain merc unit names being locked out, and the inability to play as a house unit doesn't bode well for being able to play as actual important units such as the Keshik.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the clan version of the merc corps...since clearly that won't work with clan factions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users