• LocationNecroposting in K-Town

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:43 PM

This thread shall never die!

#182 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

I will post an updated thread soon with links that work. (photobucket has killed all the old ones)

But here is a teaser for a project in progress right now.

Posted Image

And on its feet

Posted Image

These things are never pretty in the build phase, but i reckon this one will be great when its done.

The temptation is to paint it up as the Red Corsairs version from the novel Natural Selection

Posted Image

#183 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

Final result, Im reasonably happy and it makes a sweet cockpit standing item when i'm playing MWO.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Versatile and powerful, the BattleMaster was one of the best known BattleMechs in existence. Hollis Industries began production in 2633,[3] originally designing it to be the largest and most powerful 'Mech for the Star League armies at that time.[8] Indeed the sheer size of the BattleMaster, combined with the costs and resources needed to build one, meant the 'Mech could only be manufactured on a few planets. Still, those lucky enough to pilot a BattleMaster can attest to some of the stories surrounding the 'Mech. With good reliability, firepower and armoring, the BattleMaster is equally adept anchoring an assault lance or serving as a command vehicle.[3][9]
Although only produced in modest numbers, examples of the BattleMaster could be found in the arsenals of all the Great Houses and technicians have gone to great lengths in order to repair one. During the First Succession War Hollis' BattleMaster factories on Corey were attacked, their production lines destroyed and any finished BattleMasters purloined by the various House forces. While production of new BattleMasters was taken up by Earthwerks Incorporated on Keystone, Trellshire Heavy Industries on Twycross,[10] and Red Devil Industries on Pandora, they could build only a handful of new 'Mechs every year. This was enough though to make House Steiner and House Marik the largest users of BattleMasters during the Succession Wars. House Liao also fielded a large number of BattleMasters, at least until the devastation of the Fourth Succession War when many fell into the hands of the Federated Suns, themselves lacking any BattleMaster factories.[3][9] By fortuitous accident the Draconis Combine also came into possession of a large number of BattleMasters when a hapless ComStar Precentor, intending to ship unmodified versions of advanced BattleMasters to Com Guard units, sent them to the Combine instead. These BattleMasters served as excellent command vehicles during the War of 3039.[11]

Edited by CG Anastasius Focht, 06 December 2017 - 08:24 PM.

#184 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:46 PM

Starting to upload and compile these pics here. Photobucket has dropped so many of the links i decided to host them myself

WWW.HPGRELAY.COM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users