(-)Global Chat Lobby, Chat System Expansion!

13 replies to this topic

Poll: Mwo Chat Lobby, Chat System Expansion, (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Should this be implimented, would you support this system?

1. Yes, would help alot with MWO, (55 votes [90.16%])

Percentage of vote: 90.16%

2. No, dont think its needed in MWO, (6 votes [9.84%])

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

i've noticed that MWO doesnt really have a Lobby system,
and the MWO chat system seems to be working well,
so it gave me an idea, well 2 kinda,

why not create a Chat system like in WarFrame?
it wouldn't be too hard to create and would help immensely,

other than the Group Chat Channel and Private Chat Channel, add 4 other Chat Channels,
Global Chat Channel(anyone who posts here gets seen by everyone, mostly for asking questions)
- would help with getting information in game(ex)(Q- is the Cat-K2 worth it?)(A- ya its great! love AC20x2),
Recruiting Chat Channel(anyone who posts here gets seen by everyone, only for lance recruitment),
- here pilots could look for others to Join(ex)(Q- looking for Group, have LCT-3M)(A- inviting you now),
- here pilots could look for others to Invite(ex)(Q- looking for 1 more, need ECM)(A- KFX ECM, ill join you!!),
Force Chat Channel(anyone who posts here gets seen by their Force(IS/Clan), for news & recruiting),
- would help with getting information on Force News(see Global), and Force Recruitment(see Recruiting),
Faction Chat Channel(anyone who posts here gets seen by their Faction(Liao/Wolf), for news & recruiting),
- would help with getting information on Faction News(see Global), and Faction Recruitment(see Recruiting),

this basic add-on to the chat i feel could be implemented easily given what they already have,
both Global Chat Channel & Recruiting Chat Channel, would both act completely identical,
recruiting would only be used for just that recruitment, and would be courtesy moderated,
pilots would know its used for only recruitment and hopefully would follow those rules,

i feel both Chat Channels would add a lot to the game and work as a simple lobby substitute,

Edit- Spelling,
Edit2- Resurrected from past,
Edit3- Added Force Chat,
Edit4- Added Faction Chat,
Edit5- Rewording,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 27 May 2015 - 05:23 PM.

#2 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

I for one love the idea of getting an organized, yet casual group running.

#3 Koda Shy

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationTriPoint-Kapenja

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

ive brought this up before, and others too, seems they fear free chat spam type stuff from farmers, but really nothing to really farm, and trading don't exist. so no reason for them to even care for the game, no trade system, no farm, no spammers,

but they are gonna need some way of lobby chat for CW, that's how people find each other, forge friendships, crap like that, but you see the ***** fest on the forums, it would be no way to escape in a lobby. the trolls would just suck you in.

now.........that being said....faction chat lobby would work better I think. least people on the same side can talk, coordinate , get a group going for CW. or planet take over type stuff. and this way we can get to know each other, see names instead of everyone talking about the weather in the middle of a match, then wondering how everyone else lost the match :) lol

#4 Skribs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

You lost me at MWO having a great chat system.

You can't use the chat system and work on your mech at the same time.

In drops chat breaks up between the three phases.

I'd rather they fix the current chat befor adding new features to it.

#5 Dark-Destroyer

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

im pretty new to this game but have been playing mmorpg's since beta ultima online this game has the worse chat system i think ive come across period it barely does what its intended to do closing completely to allow interaction with the games ui it has no lobby or facility other tan making a group pm and unit chat,here is the think who you going to pm your new you cant meet people there is no chat room this aspect of the game is the least new player friendly doesnt do the game any faviours i play online games to interact with people the current system doesnt in any way shape or form promote this and its a huge failing.

That said ive been playing 1 week the games a lot of fun but the chat system or therein lack of is a shockingly poor attempt and needs a serious rethink.

At the very least a Help open world channel where people can ask questions to get their game started because lets be honest the ui is ugly and confusing it feels like eve online with the panels locked so at the very least that would be a start its not like there is the potential for plat farmers so i see no reason to not impliment something to help new starters.

Edited by xCtrlxAltxElitex, 19 November 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#6 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:28 AM

imo the UI2.0 would need to be shrunk so we could use a lobby. But the lobby would just be the thing for RPG elements to sweep many players off their feet when CW comes around. A lobby would be great, seeing it's already difficult enugh keeping up with a conversation in-game (unless if your dead), but yeah what the last guy said is completely correct:

View PostKoda Shy, on 06 November 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

now.........that being said....faction chat lobby would work better I think. least people on the same side can talk, coordinate , get a group going for CW. or planet take over type stuff. and this way we can get to know each other, see names instead of everyone talking about the weather in the middle of a match, then wondering how everyone else lost the match :) lol

It'd be best for immersion. But before that, the lobby should allow players to modify their mechs while having a chat window open that doesn't make the mechlab inactive; it just won't work like that. Just a small space at the bottom would be fine, maybe size everything else down to.

#7 EGL

• PipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGRF-3M Cockpit

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

Bumping this back to the top as this is probably the most glaring omission in the game.

#8 CaveHermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGalactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

Now can we Get the C-3 System working in game (CW in particular)? All this wait and matchmaking time should allow the "room" to sync. Would help out the PUG droppers..

#9 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

View PostBurktross, on 06 November 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

I for one love the idea of getting an organized, yet casual group running.

Agreed. And then for the heck of it, the top notch organized units with websites and all, could invite those who does a great job or something but in return join their respective forums and units for further training to keep order etc. Just a thought.

#10 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

Ya, i have thought this should be implimented for a long time... even made a post about it myself.

http://mwomercs.com/...28#entry3681328

#11 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

yess we need this and faction chat

#12 DeltaWhite

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

A place so people could discuss mech builds, mech stuff, and many mech stuff, all day at any time. Chat Warriors Online. I would like that.

#13 JadeWolf01

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBoise Idaho

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:02 PM

I couldn't agree more. I played Eve and paid for Eve for a year. Chat was key to forming alliances and especially to the noob learning experience.

#14 Matt Redburn

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:45 PM

Are there any news about an ingame (something planned?) or external lobby system (mwolobby.com)?

I miss the old days of mw3/mw4 (zone), where I could make drops with groups, that I choose, perhaps in my native language, because I often find it very difficult to use english. It was more relaxed, not like this fast food mechwarrior. You could make friends, while chatting, waiting. This is currently not possible, in 60 seconds on before the match. I totally have 2 (old mw4 mates) and so its not possible to make a private match.

Sadly it is also not possible to chat, while search a MM game, or while my (two :-D) friends searching a MM game, or while beeing in mechlab. Why!?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users