Pgi, I Will Consider Your New Game If....

30 replies to this topic

#1 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:03 AM

1) You get CW up and running relatively close to your schedule. I know small delays happen but its time this gets up and running in the time frame you have outlined. Its been long enough already.

2) CW warfare is close to what you promised rather than just a menu interface the game.

3) You keep your word that funds from this game aren't used to fund the new game.

4) You come up with a clever way to ensure IS vs Clan parity such as prorated ton vs ton rather than lame weapons balances and heat penalties.

5) You keep doing occasional contests like you have been recently.

6) IGP gives us a reasonable update as to what is happening with MechWarrior Tactics or consider refunding some of our money. The game wasn't perfect yet by any means but it was still a lot of fun and had potential. I don't have much faith they won't do that with this new game either.

Give me this and I will definitely consider looking into your game.

#2 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:08 AM

Why would you play another game from pgi? isnt this already pain enuff? Never ever consider start playing a game from pgi again

Edited by ThisMachineKillsFascists, 07 September 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#3 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

To even contemplate it is madness. We've seen what they are about. Pretty sure they aren't relying on anyone here to buy their new game.

I'm assuming at some point along the way in dev, they were like "why are we paying to license the Battletech IP when we can make our own? Lets get as much capital from mechwarrior that we can to develop our own IP and let the contract eventually lapse, coming up with a suitable excuse to let MWO die."

It's either that or milking this was the plan all along.

How many large cash infusion products do we have left with this game? I can think of one. Maybe two....if there are enough people still interested.

Edited by KOMMISSAR KITTY, 07 September 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#4 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

>Inb4 the lock.

Posted Image

#5 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

I just wonder if the Island will become an asteroid.

#6 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 07 September 2014 - 09:10 AM, said:

"The game is in the best state it's ever been. You're on an asteroid, bud." :D

#7 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:23 AM

Produced by PGI AND it is not MechWarrior.

Formula for success.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

View PostThisMachineKillsFascists, on 07 September 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

Why would you play another game from pgi? isnt this already pain enuff? Never ever consider start playing a game from pgi again

if it's so bad, why do you continue to play? Extreme masochism? Or are you only happening when complaining?

#9 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 07 September 2014 - 09:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

#10 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

if it's so bad, why do you continue to play? Extreme masochism? Or are you only happening when complaining?

Read again. then you might understand

#11 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:29 AM

Honestly, completely business wise it does make sense for PGI to try and broaden their games catalog.

100% income coming from a title dependent on a licensed IP isn't very healthy.

That being said, I am getting a vibe that they might be grossly overestimating their part in the success story of MWO's founder's program. People bought in because they love BT, not because it was developed by PGI. Trying to repeat this without a strong pre-existing brand, and especially since it looks like they're aiming at the market already saturated with high profile games such as Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous does seem like a recipe for disaster.

I expect the new title to crash and burn in record time and pretty much all resources staying in MWO, since it actually still makes money. We'll see how it goes.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostThisMachineKillsFascists, on 07 September 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

Read again. then you might understand

yes, You said never START playing again. But if it is so much pain, why continue, is what I ask? Seriously? It's not an attack on you, an attempt at be snarky, humorous, etc. There are several posters, who only post criticism and negativity (some of which is legitimately justified, not denying).

What I fail to grasp, apparently, is the mindset behind it. If something is so terrible, and I hate it, and everything associated with it so much, I don't understand spending time playing it, or haunting the forums complaining about it. I get those who make constructive criticism, in some hope or belief it may improve the game. But most of the extreme negativity (which your post, while less vitriolic than most, still qualifies as) are far past considering anything to be salvageable here, so why waste time being around something that makes you so miserable?

IDK, if I get that down on something, I move on and do something that makes me happy, instead.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 07 September 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#13 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

I have an idea for a game. It's called "Cats". People can customize their cat and wander the streets fighting other cats for territory. Sometimes you run across a dog or the odd honey badger out on a rampage. You may start your own cat gangs and ask others to join your litter, so you can be one big family. You also gain points from terrorizing your human, making them trip over you and leaving your turds just outside your litter box for extra points.

I think it will be a success.

#14 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

yes, You said never START playing again. But if it is so much pain, why continue, is what I ask? Seriously? It's not an attack on you, an attempt at be snarky, humorous, etc. There are several posters, who only post criticism and negativity (some of which is legitimately justified, not denying).

What I fail to grasp, apparently, is the mindset behind it. If something is so terrible, and I hate it, and everything associated with it so much, I don't understand spending time playing it, or haunting the forums complaining about it. I get those who make constructive criticism, in some hope or belief it may improve the game. But most of the extreme negativity (which your post, while less vitriolic than most, still qualifies as) are far past considering anything to be salvageable here, so why waste time being around something that makes you so miserable?

IDK, if I get that down on something, I move on and do something that makes me happy, instead.

Who said i hate it? its just pain to see a Bt game in the hand of pgi. Stop beeing doochy.

If there wouldve been a compareable half sim Mecha game i wouldnt loose a sec to play that game.

Edited by ThisMachineKillsFascists, 07 September 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#15 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

Star Citizen: Made by Chris Roberts, who made Wing Commander. A legend in the space sim business.
Elite: Dangerous: Made by David Braben, who invented the space sim with the original Elite.
AUTE: Made by PGI, who... really can't compete with those names. Ever.

Edited by stjobe, 07 September 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#16 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostKOMMISSAR KITTY, on 07 September 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

I have an idea for a game. It's called "Cats". People can customize their cat and wander the streets fighting other cats for territory. Sometimes you run across a dog or the odd honey badger out on a rampage. You may start your own cat gangs and ask others to join your litter, so you can be one big family. You also gain points from terrorizing your human, making them trip over you and leaving your turds just outside your litter box for extra points.

I think it will be a success.

Actually I think it is a good idea, I would make cats with laser eyes, short range weapons are already included.

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

View Poststjobe, on 07 September 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

Star Citizen: Made by Chris Roberts, who made Wing Commander. A legend in the space sim business.
Elite: Dangerous: Made by David Braben, who invented the space sim with the original Elite.
AUTE: Made by PGI, who... really can't compete with those names. Ever.

IDK; WC was great. But pretty much everything else he ever made, sucked, including the WC Movie. The fact this is looking like WC2015 means it will probably be pretty good, but I will be shocked it it lives up to half the hype.

Advantage PGI has? The bar can't get much lower, lol. :P

View PostThisMachineKillsFascists, on 07 September 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Who said i hate it? its just pain to see a Bt game in the hand of pgi. Stop beeing doochy.

If there wouldve been a compareable half sim Mecha game i wouldnt loose a sec to play that game.

Lol, right. So asking a legit Q is being douchey. When all else fails, resort to insults. Well played sir, you gave me all the answer I actually needed.

#18 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

IDK; WC was great. But pretty much everything else he ever made, sucked, including the WC Movie. The fact this is looking like WC2015 means it will probably be pretty good, but I will be shocked it it lives up to half the hype.

Lol, right. So asking a legit Q is being douchey. When all else fails, resort to insults. Well played sir, you gave me all the answer I actually needed.

You are welcome dude :)

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

I

read your 2 posts above within 10 mins and you ll understand why your question was douchy

Edited by ThisMachineKillsFascists, 07 September 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#19 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

WC: Privateer was what got me hooked back on 4X games (I did play the original Elite back in the mid-80's and loved it).

Whether SC will live up to the hype or not (and I'm quite confident it won't, not many games ever do) Roberts and Wing Commander still has enough name recognition to get fully 10 times the money PGI managed, even though they had the BattleTech IP to help (without which I'd be flabbergasted if they'd managed to even sell any founder packs at all).

#20 Theron Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 223 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

When I heard about this new game I thought it was a joke and then realized that it wasn't a joke. Why are they still advertising for more employees then if they have more then enough for 2 separate teams? Why wasn't this second team working on MWO to get it up to more of what was promised and then have them develop the second game? We can watch for artist, programmers and so on names in the new games credits to see if they are 2 different teams. They remind me if a worse version of Tripwire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users