Challenges Bring Out The Worst In Players...

Achievements Balance

63 replies to this topic

#61 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:58 AM

View PostEatit, on 04 February 2020 - 06:23 AM, said:

Hey Matt,

I hope you read this and realize that no matter how hard you try, you can't please everyone. There will always be people who complain. This post is from 5 years ago and it reads as if it were from today.

I didn't enjoy playing in Trial mechs, so I didn't. Others did and many appreciated the rewards they were given for doing so.

Keep up the good work and don't let the haters get you down. Haters gonna Hate.

"Haters gonna hate" is one of the single most idiotic statements ever uttered and then repeated endlessly by snowflakes the world over.

Matt gets a lot of feedback on events, some positive, some negative. Through the years, Matt has shown that he listens to and greatly appreciates feedback. He doesn't take it personally like some of the staff do, even when a lot of it could be worded a lot less harshly and still get the point across. So we continue to give him feedback, and he continues to modify events over time.

I didn't like the initial version of the event, and I was one of many to point out it's flaws. Matt fixed said event. Event was better and more enjoyable. Players and PGI profit. This is called constructive criticism. Almost nothing in the world would get done without it. Everything is not perfect and wonderful and amazing in it's first iteration, and not telling someone what you dislike about something, particularly a product such as MWO, is just counter-productive and pretty silly.

You can't please everyone, no. But by seeing who you are pleasing and cross-referencing that with who has spent or is spending money can help a dev to decide who they really should be trying to please, and who they can safely ignore, because they'll likely never be happy or never spend a dime in support of the game. If the people always complaining have never spent a cent on the game, sure, label them haters I guess. But if you notice the feedback is coming from a large chunk of your paying customer base on a given topic, it'd probably be wise to at the very least take what they're saying into account. Not saying a dev has to drop everything and rework their game when asked by a Founder etc. But if they want to make money, they need to pay attention to who's spending it and what causes them to spend it.

All business works like this, and most other things in the world as well. We like to pretend that no one's opinions matter and we should all just do our thing like we're the only ones in the world, which is not only selfish but just moronic. The same people who say "haters gonna hate" say they do it because the person being "hated on" has every right to just "do you" and disregard all negative feedback. This means anyone who disagrees is by definition subhuman, not worthy of listening to, just a "hater". It's a ridiculous standpoint and indefensible with logic or anything else.

#62 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:34 AM

Did you hate on Matt? You Mad Bro? You came out swinging. Triggered Much?

#63 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:00 AM

Well if you aren't running a trial 'Mech then now's the time to be farming easy wins since you will increase your chances of victory simply by not piloting one of those piles of crap. I've taken the opportunity to try out some stupid builds of my own with the current decrease in difficulty. When life gives you lemons...

#64 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:26 AM

View PostEatit, on 04 February 2020 - 07:34 AM, said:

Did you hate on Matt? You Mad Bro? You came out swinging. Triggered Much?

Matt is easily my favorite person at PGI. I'm not mad, I just absolutely hate that phrase and people who use it. Yes, it triggers me, as does stupidity in general.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users