Latest Sales Seen In Differnt Light Now

23 replies to this topic

#1 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

With their latest anouncment i cant help but look at the past few weeks of sales in a completely differnt way.

at the time i was thinking "awesome they should get some more funds to help keep MWO going and maybe invest alittle more to speed up production."

Now with the announcements its turned into "oh great it was one last cash grab before they switch gears and all but abandon MWO"

I think the last glimmer of hope i had for MWO ever turning into a great MWO game is now completely dead. I have zero faith given PGI track record that a year form now things will be greatly improved. I hope to be proven wrong but i doubt it.

So i will now just coast along and get what fun i can out of this until they pull the plug or i am shocked so hard i have a heart attack. If that happens no you can not have my stuff.

#2 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

We shall see what happens. They have to prove themselfs now on their own. I am rather excited to see how things go.

#3 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

With PGI it seems taking over MWO entirely, my view of the sales now leads me to believe that IGP took the lion's share of the Clan Collection money and PGI was trying to make up the short fall to keep the hamsters fed and servers up. Its also why I expect a new 'Mech Pack either revealed or teased at Town Hall today...

#4 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostCycKath, on 08 September 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

With PGI it seems taking over MWO entirely, my view of the sales now leads me to believe that IGP took the lion's share of the Clan Collection money and PGI was trying to make up the short fall to keep the hamsters fed and servers up. Its also why I expect a new 'Mech Pack either revealed or teased at Town Hall today...

I've anticipated Clan pack 2 before Christmas for months now, it would not surprise me one bit.

#5 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:44 PM

Its also why I expect a new 'Mech Pack either revealed or teased at Town Hall today...

Hmm, interesting theory...

#6 Ph30nix

• 2,442 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

wait i did miss anything mentioning PGI taking over MWO from IGP.

that does change things alittle...... hmmmmm i am out of MC

i willl have to see what develops now, PGI you have had a few rare glimmers of hope buried in the holy wtf were you guys thinking lets hope to god you pull one out on the next info update.

if so you might get a minor donation so i can get a few more mechbays later.

oh Release the Mauler if you need cash, bring out a hero variant for it first and my god the money.....

Edited by Ph30nix, 08 September 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#7 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 08 September 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

We shall see what happens. They have to prove themselfs now on their own. I am rather excited to see how things go.

Because of all the other times they have exceeded our expectations?

I remember being really stoked when they implemented Community Warfare mere weeks after Open Beta.

#8 Kyzar Kon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 08 September 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

Hmm, interesting theory...

YES PLZ! More stuff to buy so they can nerf it to dust later!!!

Only thing that seems a good investment in MC is camo color. Just keep that between us.

Edited by Kaiser R Metzger, 08 September 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#9 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostTorgun, on 08 September 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

I've anticipated Clan pack 2 before Christmas for months now, it would not surprise me one bit.

NO! We already have 5000% more Clan 'Mechs than any MechWarrior game needs. IS 'mechs or nothing!

#10 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostCycKath, on 08 September 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

NO! We already have 5000% more Clan 'Mechs than any MechWarrior game needs. IS 'mechs or nothing!

Muahahaha there is no escape, the first clan pack brought in the bucks bigtime, a repeat was certain!

#11 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 08 September 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

wait i did miss anything mentioning PGI taking over MWO from IGP.

that does change things alittle...... hmmmmm i am out of MC

i willl have to see what develops now, PGI you have had a few rare glimmers of hope buried in the holy wtf were you guys thinking lets hope to god you pull one out on the next info update.

if so you might get a minor donation so i can get a few more mechbays later.

oh Release the Mauler if you need cash, bring out a hero variant for it first and my god the money.....

Yep, I think you missed that PGI is now in full control of MWO. They're so officially since Sept. 1st, and unofficially since August. (say, wasn't that around the time we started getting regular challenges? )

There are questions pending regarding the exact details around that deal, but what it boils down to is that IGP has no say in what PGI does in MWO anymore. Which is good for us and good for PGI. No-one has a deeper vested interest in having MWO be a success than PGI does.

#12 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostCycKath, on 08 September 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

IS and clan mechs will be able the same thing here soon. There will not much difference.

#13 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 08 September 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Because of all the other times they have exceeded our expectations?

I remember being really stoked when they implemented Community Warfare mere weeks after Open Beta.

I guess any optimism I have comes from not knowing whether it was PGI or IGP pulling the strings over the past 2 years. It is quite possible that the focus on what to make (and thus disappoint those expecting different things) may have been due to IGP owning the rights, managing the marketing and passing down the marching orders to PGI.

PGI did not start development of CW until after a license extension had been obtained from Microsoft. Was that decision made by PGI, IGP or both? Representatives of PGI have made a lot of enthusiastic positive leading statements that have turned out to be false or misleading. Was that a result of incompetence or simply not being in the driver's seat so that they were in fact not permitted to work on what they had hoped and/or planned to work on and thus had no choice but to disappoint the fanbase. Does the historical lack of communication come from PGI or is it due to an edict from IGP?

I don't know.

My hope is that since "it can still be very difficult at times to make the corporate needs and strategies of two companies align" ... this may be part of why PGI has appeared to be so disappointing and with " the return of all MWO publishing rights to PGI" ... they may be more free to interact with the community in a more open and accessible way.

We shall see :)

#14 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

Urbanmech will save their bank account.

#15 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 08 September 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

IS and clan mechs will be able the same thing here soon. There will not much difference.

Stat wise perhaps, but I couldn't care less about that. Lore-wise we need more IS 'Mechs.

#16 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostMawai, on 08 September 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

I guess any optimism I have comes from not knowing whether it was PGI or IGP pulling the strings over the past 2 years.

The stupid balancing decisions that make the game horrible? The bad coding? The ****** arbitrary maps with no dynamics? Should I go on? That there would be PGI.

Edited by Louis Brofist, 08 September 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#17 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 08 September 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

With their latest anouncment i cant help but look at the past few weeks of sales in a completely differnt way.

at the time i was thinking "awesome they should get some more funds to help keep MWO going and maybe invest alittle more to speed up production."

Now with the announcements its turned into "oh great it was one last cash grab before they switch gears and all but abandon MWO"

I think the last glimmer of hope i had for MWO ever turning into a great MWO game is now completely dead. I have zero faith given PGI track record that a year form now things will be greatly improved. I hope to be proven wrong but i doubt it.

So i will now just coast along and get what fun i can out of this until they pull the plug or i am shocked so hard i have a heart attack. If that happens no you can not have my stuff.

Or... they did as they said, disconnected from IGP and have had more time and effort put into the marketing side.

#18 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

They haven't put much of any effort into marketing.

One year at PAX. The gamer mag camo and spread. All that was a LONG time ago. Hit the gaming cons. Hit cons like GenCon and Origins. Something...anything. Give free days of premium time and C-Bills there. What about a collaboration with Catalyst or Ironwind metals? You need to spend money to make money.

#19 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostScratx, on 08 September 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

Yep, I think you missed that PGI is now in full control of MWO. They're so officially since Sept. 1st, and unofficially since August. (say, wasn't that around the time we started getting regular challenges? )

There are questions pending regarding the exact details around that deal, but what it boils down to is that IGP has no say in what PGI does in MWO anymore. Which is good for us and good for PGI. No-one has a deeper vested interest in having MWO be a success than PGI does.

see something like this happened with another game i was playing almost identically 4 years ago, they had one publishing studio basically starving the game studio for money so much that the game studio was downsized to a mere 15 people working on said game to keep it alive, and they took all the money from sales to buyout the publishing studio so they find a new publisher, but because of this they were never able to recover fully, and hire back as many people that they had when they started

i have a theory and a feeling that alot of the stuff that has happened in the game since last year wasn't the fault of PGI. but their hands were tied and they couldn't do anything about it, because they had to do what they were told.

we'll see what happens either way if this deal HAD to happen it means that my theory is most likely right in some regards, and change HAD to take place

Edited by Dan the Ice Man, 08 September 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#20 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

Why would they drop this game if they just upgraded data centers and implemented a large part of CW?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users