General News

32 replies to this topic

#21 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

Add dropship mode damnit, and base assault.

Longer games would be far more preferable and possibly require tactics to draw enemies away from critical points etc etc.

I really envisioned a persistent world with this game and massive forces rushing down a hill to attack a base/dropship etc.

#22 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostVanillaG, on 09 September 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

As it was explained, there are some groups that want to only 1 game mode. The example that was given was 2 12 man teams that have similar ELO but only wants to play Conquest and the other only Skirmish. They have to throw that match away because of the hard limits and then fill each match with "worse" options that result in "MM sucks!" kind of complaints.

The change would match the two teams and their preferences would be set to a vote system instead of a hard lock for the game mode.

View PostTorgun, on 09 September 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

I still think the main problem is there is one game mode that is a lot less popular and that mode is Conquest. You can only get paid peanuts so many matches until you say fugedabaudit and play the other modes where you can raise CBills so much faster for your second variant of the mech you're working on.

And if Conquest is the least popular mode, then the MM would use that information.

In the 12v12 scenario, would it not make sense for the MM to count the mode preferences and choose the most popular? So out of the 24 people in the match, it would pick the mode the most people want. If it’s tied, roll the dice. I think for 12 mans, it’s a pretty reasonable assumption that Skirmish or Assault will win out a large majority of the time.

Side note, I like Conquest, although I totally understand not liking from a rewards stand point and am very much behind efforts to improve the mode and rewards in general.

#23 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

View PostHobo Dan, on 09 September 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Side note, I like Conquest, although I totally understand not liking from a rewards stand point and am very much behind efforts to improve the mode and rewards in general.

I have 3 issues with conquest:

1) This is not a mode I want to drop into, if I happen to be playing a 50-60 kph assault mech.
2) Rewards are poor.
3) A lot of teams seem to do do different things, with some players still trying to cap while the team is being rolled by the enemy deathball. Or lances split up, etc. It allows for the PUGmind to come up with some really bad tactical decisions (worse than usual).

#24 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

Good read. Thanks for the update, Hobo.

#25 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

CW as been coming for over 9mths every 90days lol, if you're stupid enough to believe that bullshit town hall meet then god help you and your wallet.

#26 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

View PostJackpoint, on 09 September 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

CW as been coming for over 9mths every 90days lol, if you're stupid enough to believe that bullshit town hall meet then god help you and your wallet.

I am a man of my word. If CW is not here by January 1, 2015, I will run a one Small laser, 0 leg armor Locust that whole month.

#27 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

Heres my prediction of MWO for the next 6mths, Milk-Milk- Milk - Server demise.

#28 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

so community warfare within 90 days then, huh?

#29 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostJackpoint, on 09 September 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

Heres my prediction of MWO for the next 6mths, Milk-Milk- Milk - Server demise.

You vote with your wallet, I'll vote with mine. Now if only I could find a wallet...

View PostNextGame, on 09 September 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

so community warfare within 90 days then, huh?

Before 1/1/2015 or I'm in for a rough month...

#30 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 09 September 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

I have 3 issues with conquest:

1) This is not a mode I want to drop into, if I happen to be playing a 50-60 kph assault mech.
2) Rewards are poor.
3) A lot of teams seem to do do different things, with some players still trying to cap while the team is being rolled by the enemy deathball. Or lances split up, etc. It allows for the PUGmind to come up with some really bad tactical decisions (worse than usual).

Just because a certain mech is disadvantaged in a match up doesn't mean the match up situation would never happen. There has to be certain objective types that some subset of mechs don't work in.

I hope this voting system doesn't make it into CW.

#31 Almeras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 294 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

Sooncw

#32 Urdnot Mau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostHobo Dan, on 09 September 2014 - 07:10 AM, said:

The desire for the often overlooked but never forgotten in the hearts of those who loved it, CN9-AH variant to be returned to the game after its egregious removal all those years ago...

Where did they say this?

#33 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostUrdnot Mau, on 09 September 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Where did they say this?

PGI has remained silent on the subject of the CN9-AH's triumphant return despite numerous Twitter and forum requests.

Edited by Hobo Dan, 09 September 2014 - 11:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users