Hero Mech Purchase

BattleMechs

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:32 AM

Thinking about Death's Knell and Banshee. What are your thoughts? After doing some research, Some people really seem to like the Death Knell; however, I couldn't find much on the Banshee. I would love to hear from anyone who has any insight into these two mechs........oh also thinking about the Victor.

Thanks

#2 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:33 AM

I find the banshee non-Hero models work just fine, but I only use it as an energy boat. I think the Ember is the best Light Hero. Muromets is a fun and extremely flexible hero, and of course the DragonSlayer remains the top dog hero. Everything else comes down to preference and playstyle. You might wait for the Griffin hero that comes out today too. Looks intriguing.

#3 BigBadVlad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

Death's Knell is fun if you like to go fast, faster than most others fast. But armor is definitely a bit light, one shots to the side torsos can happen here and there (multiple Gauss/PPC combos).

It is fun if you get some "alone" time with a Dire Whale or Fatlas and your fast enough to stay behind them forwards and reverse.

Don't own a Banshee, I see two flavours working well. The laser boat with 7 or 8 med lasers and boating all the heat sinks or the AC/PPC combo build.

I just bought the Protector on sale yesterday and I'm liking the Orions alot so far. First time out in Protector netted me 6 kills LOL, so yeah it's been good. Admittedly 3 were probably kill steals but whatever, someone was going to kill them.

#4 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

La Malinche is not favourably viewed. Plus it's expensive. On the best value MC package (25,000 MC, $100) it's $28.50. On the worst value MC package (1250 MC, $7) it's $39.60. For one mech.

#5 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

you gotta be a fool to throw money at pgi atm, the game is dead and the community is jumping ship for the lifeboats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users