I Promise (Join In Too If You Would Like)

General Social

59 replies to this topic

#1 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

Although I do not know ultimately who was to really blame for what when it comes to MWO's slow and tedious lack of growth, business pay model, Clan paywall, etc... (be it IGP or PGI), I am making a promise to curb my cynicism and not be so critical of the game and the developer on the forums (and just in general).

The recent news about PGI taking on MWO on it's own (doing the game its way) warrants a clean slate from me and I will keep an open mind going forward.

Now, if a few months down the road things seem worse, I may loose such enthusiasm again. Still, this news warrants a fresh start from me.

I wonder if other Jaded warriors feel the same? Do you guys give them a bit of a pass for a while? At least for a few months? I'm Just curious.

Good Luck PGI, I hope you are free to build the game you want to, and the game the community wants as well.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 09 September 2014 - 08:10 AM.

#2 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

I'm going to need a gesture of good faith. Or some free ****. Maybe some discounted color and camo packs. But yeah make baby happy and I'll cut them some slack.

#3 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

View PostArchMage Sparrowhawk, on 09 September 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

I'm going to need a gesture of good faith. Or some free ****. Maybe some discounted color and camo packs. But yeah make baby happy and I'll cut them some slack.

Like faction sales and challenges every weekend?

#4 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

View PostRizzelbizzeg, on 09 September 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

um....no. not like that. **** is wrong with you?

#5 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 09 September 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

I wonder if other Jaded warriors feel the same? Do you guys give them a bit of a pass for a while? At least for a few months? I'm Just curious.

I won't give them a free pass, but I welcome more events like yesterday's Town Hall and am looking forward to the future of MWO for the first time in a while. Ball, as it has always been, is in PGIs court to deliver.

#6 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

I have really been enjoying those and I definitely saw it as another good sign that PGI is starting to learn and improve!

#7 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

Like faction sales and challenges every weekend?ii

I don't see them giving away too much stuff. They are a business (and one with less of a security blanket now).

I would like to see some more frequent challenges (even if the rewards were small like C-Bills or GXP).

#8 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

View PostLogan Hawke, on 09 September 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

I have really been enjoying those and I definitely saw it as another good sign that PGI is starting to learn and improve!

what part of "free ****" do you not understand? I want loot *************. LOOT.

#9 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

Well, to paraphrase someone else:

PGI: "Well, it was all IGP's fault"
Players: "So, are you going to revert any changes, or drop any prices now?"
PGI: "No, but if you buy a $120 Clan Pack II and have also bought a $240 Clan Pack I, you get A FREE MECH!"
Fanboys: "WOHOOOO! Everything's forgiven! FREE MECH!"
Sane person: "Er, $360 is hardly free, is it? And if it was all IGP's fault, why won't they change a thing now that IGP's gone?"
PGI: "..."

#10 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

Well, I'm not too enthusiastic. Maybe it will change for the better, maybe it's just another shallow attempt to get the community's goodwill. We will see.

But I guess everyone who thinks the game will make a 180° turn is in for a bad surprise. I can't imagine it was IGP who told PGI to stumble around in the dark trying to balance the game for 3 years. Or that it was IGP who is responsible for the borked skill system. Or for ECM. Or for Arty/Airstrikes. The list goes on and on, and I think the one to blame here is PGI, so nothing will change except maybe their marketing model. Well, let's wait and see. The pessimist can only be surprised positively after all.

#11 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

View PostArchMage Sparrowhawk, on 09 September 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

what part of "free ****" do you not understand? I want loot *************. LOOT.

You do realize this game is free, right? They, like, gave you an entire game to play that didn't cost you a cent.

#12 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 09 September 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

You do realize this game is free, right? They, like, gave you an entire game to play that didn't cost you a cent.

I paid to get in. and besides that, what the **** does that have to do with anything? ***** I want the loot. And some discounts. I. want. free. stuff.

Edited by ArchMage Sparrowhawk, 09 September 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#13 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostHobo Dan, on 09 September 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

I won't give them a free pass, but I welcome more events like yesterday's Town Hall and am looking forward to the future of MWO for the first time in a while. Ball, as it has always been, is in PGIs court to deliver.

Yea, I just want to give them the benefit of the doubt. We will know after a few months if it is business as usual.

I don't expect free loot, I just want better communication to the community and more clear signs of progress.

I know this is a F2P game, so I know it will still need to function as such. I am just curious about what might change going forward.

I am both curious and strangely optimistic for the future of the title.

#14 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

View PostArchMage Sparrowhawk, on 09 September 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

I paid to get in. and besides that, what the **** does that have to do with anything? ***** I want the loot. And some discounts. I want free stuff.

Right. Of course you do. Good luck, good sir.

#15 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

I have, and many others would to, consider myself a White Knight, defending this game and PGI. So in a sense, I never really lost the faith. That's not to say I was blind to the issues, I just knew that I didn't have the whole story and I never believed PGI was out to screw us. This news though, about the buy-out from IGP is tremendously great. I am even more enthused now than ever I was and plan to buy the Clan pack #2 to second it hits the shelves.

Posted Image

#16 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 09 September 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Although I do not know ultimately who was to really blame for what when it comes to MWO's slow and tedious lack of growth, business pay model, Clan paywall, etc... (be it IGP or PGI), I am making a promise to curb my cynicism and not be so critical of the game and the developer on the forums (and just in general).

The recent news about PGI taking on MWO on it's own (doing the game its way) warrants a clean slate from me and I will keep an open mind going forward.

Now, if a few months down the road things seem worse, I may loose such enthusiasm again. Still, this news warrants a fresh start from me.

Good Luck PGI, I hope you are free to build the game you want to, and the game the community wants as well.

It really depends on how the rest of the year pans out. In fairness, they have delivered some stuff in 2014, much better than 2013.

On the other hand, still no community warfare, and they don't deserve slack for that due to lieing about CW being worked on prior to the license renewal.

We've also been in the "everything will be alright now" scenario with this game before and it didn't pan out.

Swings and roundabouts.

Edited by NextGame, 09 September 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#17 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

I paid to get in. and besides that, what the **** does that have to do with anything? ***** I want the loot. And some discounts. I want free stuff.

Yea, it's a bummer PGI won't just hand you everything like mommy and daddy did :rolleyes:

#18 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

I paid to get in early. and besides that, what the **** does that have to do with anything? ***** I want the loot. And some discounts. I. want. free. stuff.

ftfy

Edited by Dracol, 09 September 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#19 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 09 September 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Right. Of course you do. Good luck, good sir.

The point sails over your head like a 3PV camera

View PostDracol, on 09 September 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

ftfy

that's a ****** point. I can't believe people still try and ply it.

Edited by ArchMage Sparrowhawk, 09 September 2014 - 08:43 AM.

#20 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

View Poststjobe, on 09 September 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

Well, to paraphrase someone else:

PGI: "Well, it was all IGP's fault"
Players: "So, are you going to revert any changes, or drop any prices now?"
PGI: "No, but if you buy a $120 Clan Pack II and have also bought a $240 Clan Pack I, you get A FREE MECH!"
Fanboys: "WOHOOOO! Everything's forgiven! FREE MECH!"
Sane person: "Er, $360 is hardly free, is it? And if it was all IGP's fault, why won't they change a thing now that IGP's gone?"
PGI: "Locking this thread, its run its course"
PM: Your thread has been removed due to EULA

FIXED!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users