I Promise (Join In Too If You Would Like)

General Social

59 replies to this topic

#21 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

View PostArchMage Sparrowhawk, on 09 September 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

The point sails over your head like a 3PV camera

Either you're trolling, setting an example by playing an extreme, or have an inflated sense of over-entitledment. In any of these cases... meh. Whatever.

#22 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

View PostNextGame, on 09 September 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

It really depends on how the rest of the year pans out. In fairness, they have delivered some stuff in 2014, much better than 2013.

On the other hand, still no community warfare, and they don't deserve slack for that due to lieing about CW being worked on prior to the license renewal.

We've also been in the "everything will be alright now" scenario with this game before and it didn't pan out.

Swings and roundabouts.

I just want to hold off the venting frustration and anger. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

I agree about CW, but "IF",IGP was handling marketing and public relations, the "CW is coming" might...MIGHT have been the official line handed down to PGI by IGP. Its hard to say, and we will probably never know.

I'm just going to try and be more supportive and see what the next few months bring.

#23 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

View PostRizzelbizzeg, on 09 September 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Yea, it's a bummer PGI won't just hand you everything like mommy and daddy did :rolleyes:

I'm sure your life has been so hard...
Anyway. if they want slack, they need to divvy. The list of grievances is long. I'll accept results and free stuff. and not necessarily in that order.

Edited by ArchMage Sparrowhawk, 09 September 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#24 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

Say what you do
Do what you say
Prove it

and I won't poke you with a stick. Otherwise, business as usual. :D

#25 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 09 September 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

I just want to hold off the venting frustration and anger. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

I agree about CW, but "IF",IGP was handling marketing and public relations, the "CW is coming" might...MIGHT have been the official line handed down to PGI by IGP. Its hard to say, and we will probably never know.

I'm just going to try and be more supportive and see what the next few months bring.

They've got till the end of the year. Or I will spend my gaming money on other things.

Edited by NextGame, 09 September 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#26 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostArchMage Sparrowhawk, on 09 September 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

The point sails over your head like a 3PV camera

that's a ****** point. I can't believe people still try and ply it.

Dude. Swearing in every single post on the forums does not make you a big man. No need to get an attitude with people for pointing out the game itself is free.

Edited by Pika, 09 September 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostHobo Dan, on 09 September 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

I won't give them a free pass, but I welcome more events like yesterday's Town Hall and am looking forward to the future of MWO for the first time in a while. Ball, as it has always been, is in PGIs court to deliver.

Well, sounds like (and if you recall, all the way back, some of us postulated this) while the ball may indeed have been in PGI's court, that IGP sometimes was blocking shock attempts. Now without that division of focus, let's see what PGI does deliver.

If it fails, at least we know where the blame lies for sure. If it succeeds, kudos, and we all win (aside from some people who just won't accept PGI staying in business, and honestly, people that embittered, I could not care less about)

View PostNextGame, on 09 September 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

They've got till the end of the year. Or I will spend my gaming money on other things.

fair enough.

#28 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostPika, on 09 September 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Dude. Swearing in every single post on the forums does not make you a big man. No need to get an attitude with people for pointing out the game itself is free.

oh your precious virgin ears :lol: :lol:

I just don't see the point in pointing out the obvious, I guess. :rolleyes:
anyway, I'm enjoying my fun with the censor and if you don't like it you can **** it. :D

Edited by ArchMage Sparrowhawk, 09 September 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#29 deputydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 406 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

I've been giving them a 2nd chance for about a month now and am still here. I have noticed improvements on the things Russ talked about and think the game is finally going in a good direction. My kids have grown older and can finally hit the broadside of a barn(sometimes) so being able to play together with friends and my spawn in a unit is sounding like a reality.

Keep it up PGI.

Edited by deputydog, 09 September 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#30 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

and for a little bit of seriousness: I'm willing to give PGI a second chance. But only if they don't try sticking to the story that their 4 pillars have been largely delivered. The foundations are there, I'll definitely agree. But I would say JUST the foundations are there, particularly for information warfare(which I expect to be a whole lot more than ecm and the most basic of basic drone and NLOS targeting. I also need to see more Role Warfare implementation. I mean comprehensive and in depth. That will please me a whole lot more than "free" Clanner bait.

This is a good start, and I want them to admit that it's just that. A start. The "maturity" has yet to be reached, and I really expect more of a game to be added to the game. Not just scheduled content.

a good example would be a better use of the battlegrid screen, to expand the options of commanders. Like when we wanted commanders to be able to do targeted arty strikes and send drones out via the map.

That was my biggest issue with the town hall last night. Much of the time was spent trying to defend their position, which I can understand, but they need to acknowledge some of the hits, and take their licks. We know they can do better, and now we're going to expect it. (With reasonable allowances for time and communication with the player base, etc, etc.)

He basically said it himself yesterday, by mistake, probably. But what we have here is an awesome robot arena fighting game, and I'm waiting for Battletech to show up.

Edited by ArchMage Sparrowhawk, 09 September 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#31 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 09 September 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Although I do not know ultimately who was to really blame for what when it comes to MWO's slow and tedious lack of growth, business pay model, Clan paywall, etc... (be it IGP or PGI), I am making a promise to curb my cynicism and not be so critical of the game and the developer on the forums (and just in general).

The recent news about PGI taking on MWO on it's own (doing the game its way) warrants a clean slate from me and I will keep an open mind going forward.

Now, if a few months down the road things seem worse, I may loose such enthusiasm again. Still, this news warrants a fresh start from me.

I wonder if other Jaded warriors feel the same? Do you guys give them a bit of a pass for a while? At least for a few months? I'm Just curious.

Good Luck PGI, I hope you are free to build the game you want to, and the game the community wants as well.

All I need is for them to be more open on upcoming patches and content rather than just sitting on it till patch day and constant monthly road maps. I, and other people, would like to know what they are looking forward to so they can keep more interest in the game knowing what's coming down the pipe. I am getting tired of just logging in and killing a few guys and getting killed myself without seeing what's around the corner. New maps, new modes, new something that adds to the mix in the game.

#32 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostArchMage Sparrowhawk, on 09 September 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

oh your precious virgin ears :lol: :lol:

I just don't see the point in pointing out the obvious, I guess. :rolleyes:
anyway, I'm enjoying my fun with the censor and if you don't like it you can **** it. :D

Proving you don't actually have to be a 12 year old to act like one? :mellow:

#33 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

I dislike the word "promise".
It leads to expectations, which leads to disappointments and so on.
Either way - your post reminded me of how cynical I also have become for a reason or another - stuff that I am not going to discuss whether or not I think of as rational or not.
I am not going to speak from the name of most of us(the community) even though I am quite certain the numbers of people "complaining" "dev bashing" and etc. are doing all that just because they really want the game to get better(yea, it is kinda ironical).
Another reason I dislike the word "promise" is the fact that I really say it really rarely and when I do so I feel chained to it, so...
I promise I would try to act as the intelligent, calm, easy to get along with human being I am in my own eyes most of the time.
And I'll try to be more understanding toward both you and the Devs.

#34 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 September 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

Proving you don't actually have to be a 12 year old to act like one? :mellow:

Bish baby, I hope I'll always be young at heart :lol:

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostArchMage Sparrowhawk, on 09 September 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Bish baby, I hope I'll always be young at heart :lol:

see, now that is entertaining to me! :D

#36 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostVoidcrafter, on 09 September 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

I dislike the word "promise".
It leads to expectations, which leads to disappointments and so on.
Either way - your post reminded me of how cynical I also have become for a reason or another - stuff that I am not going to discuss whether or not I think of as rational or not.
I am not going to speak from the name of most of us(the community) even though I am quite certain the numbers of people "complaining" "dev bashing" and etc. are doing all that just because they really want the game to get better(yea, it is kinda ironical).
Another reason I dislike the word "promise" is the fact that I really say it really rarely and when I do so I feel chained to it, so...
I promise I would try to act as the intelligent, calm, easy to get along with human being I am in my own eyes most of the time.
And I'll try to be more understanding toward both you and the Devs.

I understand that.

I do think I worded the initial post a bit incorrectly though.

I am promising them a clean slate in my mind. I am ditching the pent-up cynicism and frustration.

As a said later in the post, if after a few months the game seems same 'ol same 'ol, I will go back to my critical ways.

I'm not really promising that I will NEVER be cynical, I am promising them I will give them a new fresh chance in my mind. The prior would be s bit much and short sighted, the latter is more reasonable and fair in my eyes.

Again, I don't think I conveyed my thoughts as clearly as I wanted to.

#37 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 September 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

see, now that is entertaining to me! :D

Have I ever shared with you how much I generally dislike Steiners for no reason?
It's just something programmed deep inside my soul... I just like see 'em explode and stuff :D
Yea I did once...
Well - you're one of the reasons I am not a shortsighted idiot and I don't generalize things... generally... when it comes to some virtual faction in a game and stuff :D
You and that guy Mallan bought reason both to the game and the forums more times that I would care to remember.
As the same goes for me too... sort of.
I respect that...
... 'ol man :D

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 09 September 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

~other stuff~

I'm not really promising that I will NEVER be cynical, I am promising them I will give them a new fresh chance in my mind. The prior would be s bit much and short sighted, the latter is more reasonable and fair in my eyes.

Again, I don't think I conveyed my thoughts as clearly as I wanted to.

Yow... who said anything about "never"?
That's the third hard word that goes in my list behind "promise" and "always" :D
Buuut sometimes when one feels down and disappointed one hardly goes on without prejustice or/and subjectiveness.
You can go on with the promise to try to remember and remind yourself of that a bit harder when sheet hits the fan for some reason or another.
Or at least I do.
It's clear enough, don't worry mate - I see the good effort and intent in it - it's good enough for me.

Edited by Voidcrafter, 09 September 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#38 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

Words are cheap. Not a founder but I have been here a LONG time and I have completely run out of my stash of 'benefit of the doubt'. As an IS guy the only thing this year has brought me is the fun of getting pummeled by clan mechs (though killing TWs makes me smile) and dropping with all my buddies (love this addition). That is it. You might say 'what about UI 2' ... meh. If it allowed them to add things more easily great but I haven't really seen it.

A long hiatus at the end of last year/ beginning of this one allowed me to have fun at this game again, but that reserve is running out. This stuff sounds awesome and could really revolutionize the game, but there is a voice in my head that keeps telling me... hey didn't we hear all this before at the launch party.

I have my fingers crossed but no, I will not be pulling punches...
S

#39 bryantjudoman

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

I have enjoyed almost every m9nute I've played of this game. And so I have spent my hard earned cash to enjoy it more. I for one have verry little problem wht thier business modell. My only suggestion wopuld be to lower the cost of colours and camo specs so we can customize our mechs better. It would add to the overall enjoyment of everyone. plus we would be more conected to our current played mech , and I believe we would actually spend more on new mechs and colours If we could (MAKE THEM OUR OWN)!

I also am really looking forward to more clan warfare stuff, like having only clan vs inner sphere matches (with some form of weapon ,weight, or cbills balancing) Fighting for controlll of a planet would also be cool. I am optomistic and I think the developers will, (with some friendly encouragement and cumunity tips) deliver a top notch game which is much better than the one we have new.

Edited by bryantjudoman, 09 September 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#40 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostArchMage Sparrowhawk, on 09 September 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

I paid to get in. and besides that, what the **** does that have to do with anything? ***** I want the loot. And some discounts. I. want. free. stuff.

Have you tried falling to the floor and kicking, screaming, and crying? That's how my niece throws her tantrums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users