Poor Hit Detection, Any Way To Improve It On My End?

8 replies to this topic

#1 JSmith7784

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 139 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hello everyone,
I've been playing this game from the day it went "open beta" and still enjoy it. I've had a constant struggle with hit detection. I'm lucky enough to live near the servers so my ping is usually somewhere between 40-50. As for my set up I have an Intel I-950, 6gb ram, EVGA GTX770SC-ACX and use TWC extreme internet running into a motorola SB6141 then into my D-link router. I play over a wired connection for maximum performance.
I still notice times where I see hits display on the enemy mech visually, but nothing happens to their damage readout. Or I hit them with a sizeable volley, usually mixed laser, ballistic and missles and the damage registered doesn't seem close to what it should be. I get all the confirmations of a hit: red target reticule, visual confirmation on the enemy, but it just doesn't seem right. I've had days where it seems I can jump into any match and just tear though opponents and easily rack up multiple kills and then later times where you would think I was shooting blanks.
I know PGI has made changes to the hit detection and I am thankful for their efforts. SRM's now work again, LRM's seem balanced, etc... Is there anything I can do on my end that might help improve my hit detection? I'm confused as to why sometimes it seems like it's working and then others hardly at all. Could a good ping actually hurt someone who is playing against mostly higher ping players?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

#2 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

It happens to everyone.

#3 JSmith7784

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 139 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

Would it help to unplug from my router and run directly from the modem into the PC? Would it make any difference to reset the modem/router before playing? Just some things I had read on other posts.

Thanks

#4 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

Nothing you can do at your end will help, it's a server desync issue and it just affects people randomly. It's not your connection (unless you use dialup lol).

#5 Blackscreen

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

Sorry, you're being PGI'd.

#6 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:00 PM

bump

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 November 2018 - 11:55 PM

Try using lasers or ac. See if one works better than the other for you. I forget what one, but they dont use host rewind on one of them.

If all else fails use streaks and lrms :)

#8 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:04 AM

Yesterday, I put 10+ LRM80 volleys on a a Marauder IIC. It was already cored-out when I started to fire at it..They all hit square on, no AMS in sight. Normally, it takes about 4-6 to kill it..

It walked away..

Then a sunspider with 2xSRM6 and some MG's came at my brand new Scorch.. and took off my torso in a single shot.. from the front..

Can we have proper Hitreg please?

The day before yesterday, I saw a kill shot go to a player who's mech was LITERALLY facing directly AWAY from the target.. Like, had his back to a mech he supposedly killed.. exactly at the same time my LRMs hit the target..

I say again.. Can we have some proper hitreg please?

Edited by Vellron2005, 05 November 2018 - 01:06 AM.

#9 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:30 AM

[mod]As the original discussion had previously concluded, this thread has been closed.

Please move new constructive discussion to current relevant threads.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users