16 replies to this topic

#1 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

Let's afford ourselves a moment of hope or at least open-mindedness following the latest news from PGI. And focus on the good stuff.

I guess this thread may get closed for being in the wrong place, but I'd like to express some happiness for some things in the last patch and officially admit I was wrong / too pessimistic about some things.
  • Cooldown weapon modules. I honestly didn't think we'd get this so soon, and I'm happy I was wrong. Now that we get to choose between different types of weapon upgrades, we're a bit closer toward the customization PGI has talked about in the past. I won't call it role warfare, but it certainly lets some people customize their mech a bit more, based on their loadout and playstyle.
  • Raven weapon visuals. Didn't think PGI would do this without any kind of financial incentive (e.g. another hero mech), and certainly not so soon. This really helps my OCD immeasurably, to be able to see what weapons I've equipped and for the model to match the actual weapon types.
  • Clan Adder is out for MC. Wasn't wrong about anything here. I think it's a fantastic and underrated mech. I'm happy I can finally buy it for an affordable price!
  • AMS toggle. Nuff said.
All in all, a good day.

#2 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

A new hero mech (Sparky Griffin) that seems to be viable without being either wildly garbage and also not being superior to the C-Bill variants.

EDIT: Also, the Raven 3L can finally use missiles in its left arm other than SSRMs and Narcs. Yay!

Edited by Carrie Harder, 09 September 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#3 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 09 September 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Let's afford ourselves a moment of hope or at least open-mindedness following the latest news from PGI. And focus on the good stuff.

I guess this thread may get closed for being in the wrong place, but I'd like to express some happiness for some things in the last patch and officially admit I was wrong / too pessimistic about some things.
  • Cooldown weapon modules. I honestly didn't think we'd get this so soon, and I'm happy I was wrong. Now that we get to choose between different types of weapon upgrades, we're a bit closer toward the customization PGI has talked about in the past. I won't call it role warfare, but it certainly lets some people customize their mech a bit more, based on their loadout and playstyle.
  • Raven weapon visuals. Didn't think PGI would do this without any kind of financial incentive (e.g. another hero mech), and certainly not so soon. This really helps my OCD immeasurably, to be able to see what weapons I've equipped and for the model to match the actual weapon types.
  • Clan Adder is out for MC. Wasn't wrong about anything here. I think it's a fantastic and underrated mech. I'm happy I can finally buy it for an affordable price!
  • AMS toggle. Nuff said.
All in all, a good day.

What mechs does that leave for visual customization?

Commando
Cicada
Centurion
Dragon
Cataphract
Awesome
Stalker

Additional pass needed?

Blackjack (AC/20 looks no different than AC/2)
Catapult (needs a new pass with missile hardpoints)

#4 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

Let's afford ourselves a moment of hope
  • Cooldown weapon modules. I honestly didn't think we'd get this so soon, and I'm happy I was wrong. Now that we get to choose between different types of weapon upgrades, we're a bit closer toward the customization PGI has talked about in the past.

You realize calling them "cooldown" modules is wildly inaccurate. They allow the weapons to cycle faster, actually creating MORE heat.
They should have been..oh, half a dozen things other than "cooldown" modules.
Just learned this the hard way, 10K+ GXP and 3mill for the module, the nova now runs hotter, LOL

So, I'll wait till tomorrow before I'm not so cynical

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostThatDawg, on 09 September 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

You realize calling them "cooldown" modules is wildly inaccurate. They allow the weapons to cycle faster, actually creating MORE heat.
They should have been..oh, half a dozen things other than "cooldown" modules.
Just learned this the hard way, 10K+ GXP and 3mill for the module, the nova now runs hotter, LOL

So, I'll wait till tomorrow before I'm not so cynical

If you've been here long enough to make 600+ posts and don't know what "cooldown" means, that's pretty much on you.

I also was surprised they're here this soon. Uh, XP conv sale please? :)

Edited by Terciel1976, 09 September 2014 - 01:59 PM.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

I can't patch because my PC is dead.

Did they not actually post up any patch notes yet?

Also, damn, I'mma need more GXP

#7 Asmudius Heng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

Such a small thing .... the AMS toggle. Yet I thought this was freaking brilliant.

It has been asked for, for a long time in fact - but the fact they seem to have just thrown it in with new modules and some other smaller polish items like the colour coded chat etc.

It just feels like more things are happening sometimes the small things add way more value than you might think,

PGI, keep adding functionality and polish like this and that will be ace as long as the big stuff keep coming.

Your next test is smaller and more regular balance changes ;)

#8 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:27 PM

I didn't think we'd get these anytime soon either. I honestly expected them to be forgotten about for months.

It gives me hope for my beloved old Flame. Maybe they'll do the Dragons some day... and Cataphracts too.

• AMS toggle. Nuff said.
I'm very happy to see this, too. It's not a big thing, but it's good to have. The ECM toggle is better IMHO, as it sucks when your own ECM makes you less sneaky.

#9 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostAsmudius Heng, on 09 September 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

Such a small thing .... the AMS toggle. Yet I thought this was freaking brilliant.

It has been asked for, for a long time in fact - but the fact they seem to have just thrown it in with new modules and some other smaller polish items like the colour coded chat etc.

It just feels like more things are happening sometimes the small things add way more value than you might think,

PGI, keep adding functionality and polish like this and that will be ace as long as the big stuff keep coming.

Your next test is smaller and more regular balance changes ;)

This
I would welcome AMS toggle be4 clan mechs anytime...but money are money ya know?

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 09 September 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

I didn't think we'd get these anytime soon either. I honestly expected them to be forgotten about for months.It gives me hope for my beloved old Flame. Maybe they'll do the Dragons some day... and Cataphracts too.
[/list] I'm very happy to see this, too. It's not a big thing, but it's good to have. The ECM toggle is better IMHO, as it sucks when your own ECM makes you less sneaky.

I don't think ECM toggle is new, just different verbiage about disrupt/counter. I could be wrong.

View PostRedshift2k5, on 09 September 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

I can't patch because my PC is dead.

Did they not actually post up any patch notes yet?

Also, damn, I'mma need more GXP

Nah, patch notes hours ago.

GXP...yah.

#11 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

Agreed! The first thing I thought when reading the notes was 'wow, great patch'.

I hope in future they keep sneaking little quality of life things like the AMS toggle in. That is a very nice surprise, and may actually make me re-evaluate my no AMS stance.

#12 Almeras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 294 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

First good hero mech in a long time (not silly nerfs like the arrow/oxide) I'll wait for it to be on sale

dang no tag toggle surely they could of grouped that in with AMS/ECM

#13 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 09 September 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Nah, patch notes hours ago.

GXP...yah.

http://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes still shows old patch notes. Had to dig a little deeper to find them :ph34r:

#14 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 09 September 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes still shows old patch notes. Had to dig a little deeper to find them :ph34r:

Oh, you wanted them easy to find? I was almost certain you weren't new here. ;)

Actually, I had no idea that page existed. (Blush)

#15 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 09 September 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

I don't think ECM toggle is new, just different verbiage about disrupt/counter. I could be wrong.

Oh, huh - I'll have to check. My understanding was they were allowing it to be fully disabled now, because of how it would give your position away. It's been requested for about as long as an AMS toggle has been wanted.

View PostTerciel1976, on 09 September 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Oh, you wanted them easy to find? I was almost certain you weren't new here. ;)

Actually, I had no idea that page existed. (Blush)

hah I just discovered this when I went to re-check the patch notes re: your comment above... August patch notes >.< Had to delve into the forum.

#16 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

All I know?

The 4 key on my Naga (the mouse, not the 'Mech :P) is now going to be pretty much flat permabound to weapon group 6, which will itself be flat permabound to any AMS systems I may have equipped at the time. Or ECM for that matter, though I remain stunned by how many people don't seem to notice the "LOW SIGNAL" warning...

#17 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

Sad this patch is one of the better patches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users