• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

This screen tells the tale.

Posted Image

Imagine, if you would, in a game on assault, that a lone little locust went off because it saw a Warhawk slowly sauntering around to flank on Alpine, and chased after it. Meanwhile, the rest of the team is up on the plateau, generally the best location to camp.

The little bug kills the bird and returns to... most of the team dead. The Enemies stormed the road, managing to kill pretty much every last 'mech from the low ground. As such, there's suddenly a huge swarm of 'mechs on the bug and he dies. Oops.

So now you have a match screen, where the single best 'mech on a team is a LOCUST, trying to figure out how things went so terribly, terribly wrong.

Have you ever had a match go so flabbergastingly bad that you can't understand how it happened? If so, what's the story? I want to hear stories of your crushing defeats, even more so if it was from the jaws of a personal victory.

#2 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostCavale, on 09 September 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

This screen tells the tale.

Posted Image

Imagine, if you would, in a game on assault, that a lone little locust went off because it saw a Warhawk slowly sauntering around to flank on Alpine, and chased after it. Meanwhile, the rest of the team is up on the plateau, generally the best location to camp.

The little bug kills the bird and returns to... most of the team dead. The Enemies stormed the road, managing to kill pretty much every last 'mech from the low ground. As such, there's suddenly a huge swarm of 'mechs on the bug and he dies. Oops.

So now you have a match screen, where the single best 'mech on a team is a LOCUST, trying to figure out how things went so terribly, terribly wrong.

Have you ever had a match go so flabbergastingly bad that you can't understand how it happened? If so, what's the story? I want to hear stories of your crushing defeats, even more so if it was from the jaws of a personal victory.

Those matches are head scratchers, I doubt you could have prevented it.

However to play devil's advocate, I think more light pilots need to understand that finding where the majority of the enemy is located is a critical ability that can help the entire team.

So while I don't think you could have turned the tide of that stomp, I do think it's more important for you to find out where the enemy is and either pop a UAV on them, or get away and tell the team etc., than it is for you to run off and deal with a Warhawk entirely on your own.

#3 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 09 September 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

Those matches are head scratchers, I doubt you could have prevented it.

However to play devil's advocate, I think more light pilots need to understand that finding where the majority of the enemy is located is a critical ability that can help the entire team.

So while I don't think you could have turned the tide of that stomp, I do think it's more important for you to find out where the enemy is and either pop a UAV on them, or get away and tell the team etc., than it is for you to run off and deal with a Warhawk entirely on your own.

That is a fair thing to say, but I doubt a UAV would have saved that bunch.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:40 PM

If your team failed to hold the high ground from similar number of mechs, then clearly MM expects you to carry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users