224 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

Please put your feedback on my latest Community Warfare update here.

Sorry I couldn't get around to answering all questions directly but it's a very hectic time at the office and I'm constantly monitoring progress and in meetings. As I mentioned in the OP... I will continue to trickle information as it becomes available.

-Paul

Spoiler

It is now 11:52PM.. I'm dead tired but might be able to let some more media slip tomorrow. ;)

#2 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:56 PM

Great!
Ready to go.

#3 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for the information as always! :)

#4 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:03 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 03 December 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

It is now 11:52PM.. I'm dead tired but might be able to let some more media slip tomorrow. ;)

I commend you sir, working till 12 midnight is NOT easy at all! :)

However, I have a suggestion to contract times: Allow a more flexible limit in how far one can switch contracts. Basically allow 7, 14, 21, 28, 2 months, 3 months, and then continue more so people can gain heavily if they so desire, and also rack LP bonuses slowly rather than such a huge increase.

And also, just in case spread the options in ui, someone might be drunk or something and accidentally pick permanent when they want 3 months or similar. I would really hate it if I accidentally selected a different faction than desired and what contract timing I want at a time.

#5 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:17 AM

Nice...was catching up on dev posts and a new one appeared. Kinda hard to believe some form of CW is actually about to be here.

#6 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:23 AM

Are loyalty points awarded for a match completion, or a win ? Do we get loyalty points if we lose a match ?

What is the loyalty point scale (between ranks/levels) ? Is it like GXP...... A very heavy grind.

Why not the same bonus as XP and CBills for premium time ?

Too much grinding for ranks will not be good.

Is the mercenary finally extinct ? Sure looks like it. And yes, I am cut on this.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:43 AM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 04 December 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

Why not the same bonus as XP and CBills for premium time ?

My guess is since the LP gives you ranks rather than income, they want to stay a little farther away from Pay-To-Rank. It's more reflective of skill and time spent fighting with that faction this way.

Also, LP can be lost. So if you can earn it back easily, the penalty for switching factions would be moot.

#8 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:44 AM

Greetings all,

You stated this is the last update for this year.
- Will we be getting a VLog before the years end?

Can we see a few video seconds of the Dropship approach and Mech drop off?
- Think of it as a game 'Teaser' for the real thing.

Sounds great for what is to be included.
- Will there be a scale chart for changing Factions or contract time limits and the plus's and negatives of each decision? (ie: change from Faction #2 to #5 and gain or lose 'x' LP. Changes if the Factions are or are not at war with each other.)

Thanks for staying and completing the Info, drive safe.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 04 December 2014 - 12:51 AM.

#9 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:44 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 04 December 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

My guess is since the LP gives you ranks rather than income, they want to stay a little farther away from Pay-To-Rank. It's more reflective of skill and time spent fighting with that faction this way.

Yeah, don't take it the wrong way, but I want to hear it from the horses mouth.

#10 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

Will I have the opportunity to move modules from a destroyed 'Mech my next one?

#11 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not, but it would be quite cool if we had the ability to either create a second "pilot" on each of our profiles, or merge two existing profiles into one and trade mechs/other stuff to the second profile.

I suggest this based off the fact that many of us (myself included), have purchased both Inner Sphere and Clan mech packages, and it would be nice to have a way to use them all in CW without breaking the immersion via allowing IS to pilot Clan mechs and vice versa.

I would love to just simply create a Clan "pilot" on my current profile and assign all my Clan mechs and any Unlocked Clan content (cockpit items, modules, etc.) to said pilot in some fashion.

#12 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:58 AM

You MUST bring 4 'Mechs into the match. The total tonnage of all 4 'Mechs must fall between 140 and 240 tons.

I like it!

#13 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:05 AM

View PostSeth, on 04 December 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

Will I have the opportunity to move modules from a destroyed 'Mech my next one?

No. This was addressed in an earlier post. The module is still in the wreakage of the previous mech down on the planet.

#14 Will HellFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:51 AM

Excellent!

Thank you for the news Paul.

Can we have confirmation of how many maps will we have to play CW when it arrives on our computers?

#15 Toraz888

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:53 AM

Paul, thanks for the continual updates - its great to hear about the progress behind the scenes.
I have a question about the scheduling and opposition in CW Matches.

There currently 6 IS Factions : Davion, Kurita, Liao, Marik, Rasalhague and Steiner
and 4 Clan Factions : Jaguar, Falcon, Wolf and Ghost Bear

Are all factions going to have an equal amount of CW Battles?

So for instance every day will there be 5 "Events" going on matching Factions up?

Also will battles follow Lore - So if I were to chose Marik or Liao - then I would only be fighting other IS opponents, rather than facing the Clans?
If so, then Liao would only get get to fight either Marik or Davion.
Where as Kurita would get to fight Steiner, Davion, Jaguar or Bears?

Also what happens with negative LP for fighting a faction you previously worked for?
Would this be a set amount, or based on how much LP you earn fighting against them?

#16 Gryphorim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:58 AM

I too would like the ability to have separate profiles for clan and IS mechs/characters. When I bought the Clan invasion pack, at that time, salvaging of clan-tech was still being advertised as the intent for CW (excluding first "season"), that is not in the plan any more.

#17 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:10 AM

[color=orange]Grouping In CW[/color]

To re-emphasis what has been mentioned before. Community Warfare is primarily directed to role-playing and unit gameplay. It is because of this that groups in CW (Unit Groups) will consist of only players within the same unit. A team can have players from multiple units but groups themselves will only consist of players who are in the same group/faction.

ok that went right over my head

can someone help me out

#18 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:18 AM

View Post9erRed, on 04 December 2014 - 12:44 AM, said:

Can we see a few video seconds of the Dropship approach and Mech drop off?
- Think of it as a game 'Teaser' for the real thing.

Posted Image

#19 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:25 AM

View PostToraz888, on 04 December 2014 - 01:53 AM, said:

Paul, thanks for the continual updates - its great to hear about the progress behind the scenes.
I have a question about the scheduling and opposition in CW Matches.

There currently 6 IS Factions : Davion, Kurita, Liao, Marik, Rasalhague and Steiner
and 4 Clan Factions : Jaguar, Falcon, Wolf and Ghost Bear

Are all factions going to have an equal amount of CW Battles?

So for instance every day will there be 5 "Events" going on matching Factions up?

Also will battles follow Lore - So if I were to chose Marik or Liao - then I would only be fighting other IS opponents, rather than facing the Clans?
If so, then Liao would only get get to fight either Marik or Davion.
Where as Kurita would get to fight Steiner, Davion, Jaguar or Bears?

Also what happens with negative LP for fighting a faction you previously worked for?
Would this be a set amount, or based on how much LP you earn fighting against them?

From earlier posts (see command chair section) it was said that you will have something like this:
- 2 planets on each side of each border (ie. Steiner/Marik 2 on each side = 4 on this border, Steiner/FRR 4 on this border and so on for each faction/faction border..)
- All IS factions can help attack/defend the IS/Clan border (ie. Steiner/Jadefalcons fight on one planet, Liao can help)
- Only the faction on the border can start attacking, but other factions (clan/IS) can join that attack as well (yay for PUGs).

I think LP was about some kind of allies/enemies table with % of lost LP.
fighting for Steiner will probably give you no negatives for Davion, but a lot of minus for Kurita.
Not sure if killing Kurita players would further reduce Kurita LP, but I guess the end result (see Pauls example) would be used to calculate any substraction from other factions.

#20 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

It would be cool if you guys gave Dropships their own art assets so that way we could know which faction is attacking. Something like red accents for Kurita Dropships, or brown tinted dropships for Clan Wolf with their respective faction decals.

Edited by Will9761, 04 December 2014 - 05:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users