Inner Sphere Quirk Suggestions

27 replies to this topic

#1 Zamiake

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:49 AM

Cataphracts need armor buff quirks on the upper body mainly the side torsos and center. like how lights have buffs to their legs. It would be nice if they got a armor buff their their vital parts so that clan mechs arent just lookin at one and sending it to hell instantly

Edited by Zamiake, 25 September 2014 - 03:02 AM.

#2 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:52 AM

I don't know if the Cataphract needs much help, it seems pretty solid. IMO.

I think IS heavies like the Catapult and Dragon need far more quirk help.

#3 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

Since IS mechs are kinda low tech they are somehow old russion reliable technology. They should probably all get a 10% lesser critchance perk while clantehc would be easier to "break" by its complexity and fragility.

#4 Garandos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 196 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:02 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 25 September 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

Since IS mechs are kinda low tech they are somehow old russion reliable technology. They should probably all get a 10% lesser critchance perk while clantehc would be easier to "break" by its complexity and fragility.

Somehow "complexity and fragile" are the last words which come to mind when i think "WARRIOR culture" sorry...

#5 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe depths of your discontent

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:04 AM

I'd like to see a nice quirkpass on the less common heavies.

#6 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:08 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 25 September 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

Its actually kind of the other way around. IS tech is old, abused, and pieced together over hundreds of years and like 4 succession wars.

IS Mechs are like a beater car kept running despite panels rusting off the car and a shady duct tape happy uncle (who thinks he is a mechanic) keeps it somewhat patched up enough to run, move, and stop.

Clan mechs are brand new cars with powerful engines that are built and maintained by people who know and actually understand how they work.

#7 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:11 AM

I'd like to see my Atlas get a 200% boost to front torso armour. Just so I can kill TWO Dire Wolves in a straight up fight in a row, instead of just one.

Who's laughing now, Dire Wolves?

HUH?!

#8 RangerGee412

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:16 AM

Rather see dragons, quickdraws, trebs, wolverines, and other mechs people use rarely get quirks first so we can get some more variety of mechs in matches

#9 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:42 AM

The Awesome got a quirk that lets it fire its stock loadout 3 PPCs without worrying about overheating so the King Crab should have something similar that lets it fire its stock loadout 2 AC20s without ghost heat. If we end up getting the Charger some time in the future when collisions are put back in and charge attacks are possible, it should take half damage (or less) from collisions.

#10 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:55 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 September 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

The Awesome got a quirk that lets it fire its stock loadout 3 PPCs without worrying about overheating so the King Crab should have something similar that lets it fire its stock loadout 2 AC20s without ghost heat.

Its one of those "be careful what you wish for scenarios". Mechs need to be somewhat balanced. If they completely remove ghost heat from the King Crab's dual A/C20 setup, they will probably nerf something else on the chassis to keep it from bring too overpowered. The question then becomes, what is the lesser evil you can live with. Is it ghost heat, of some other balance mechanic like very limited arm movement or fragile arms, etc...

#11 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:59 AM

The Dragons I think need more love than the Cataphracts right now.
They are much more limited in use (and I use them all). The only thing that makes the Cata (In my eyes at least) less usable is the amount of exposure you need to endure to bring all your weapons to bear..

-ST

#12 Andross Deverow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:02 AM

View PostZamiake, on 25 September 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

Cataphracts need armor buff quirks on the upper body mainly the side torsos and center. like how lights have buffs to their legs. It would be nice if they got a armor buff their their vital parts so that clan mechs arent just lookin at one and sending it to hell instantly

Agree 100% I am soooo close to selling all of my Cataphracts because they drop faster than any Medium.

Regards

Edited by Andross Deverow, 25 September 2014 - 05:02 AM.

#13 Hatachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 456 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:02 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 25 September 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

Its actually kind of the other way around. IS tech is old, abused, and pieced together over hundreds of years and like 4 succession wars.

IS Mechs are like a beater car kept running despite panels rusting off the car and a shady duct tape happy uncle (who thinks he is a mechanic) keeps it somewhat patched up enough to run, move, and stop.

Clan mechs are brand new cars with powerful engines that are built and maintained by people who know and actually understand how they work.

I think of it more along the lines of Clan mechs being F1 vehicles that need to be constantly tuned. They're built for short quick ritualized battles. IS mechs are more like the farm truck that much more rarely get strong maintenance and will be much more likely to be running in twenty years.

#14 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

Catapult needs internal health boost to balance its overly large frame.

#15 Bromineberry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:10 AM

I guess most of the rare Mechs could use a quirk pass. Dragon, Quickdraw, Trebuchet, Wolverine, Orion, Thunderbolt, Victor, Highlander... To be honest, I would be super happy about a leg qurik for the Centurion. It's really horrible, how quickly the legs are gone. The legs of the Raven are super-ultra-durable in comparison...

#16 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:14 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 25 September 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

I don't know if the Cataphract needs much help, it seems pretty solid. IMO.

I think IS heavies like the Catapult and Dragon need far more quirk help.

Russ was saying the Victor was getting the mobility nerfs reduced or removed, although it wouldn't be getting any positive quirks because it was considered a Tier 1 mech, and that there were 5 tiers of mechs.

Cataphract would probably fall between 1 and 2, though it doesn't have any (many?) negative quirks at the moment, so it could get something.

I do wonder if it could target certain variants more than others. The Victor K certainly isn't in the same class as the S, though it might be considered the same for Quirks, which would be sad.

I hope the Banshee 3M gets some cooling quirks....MOAR WUB!

#17 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 September 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

Russ was saying the Victor was getting the mobility nerfs reduced or removed, although it wouldn't be getting any positive quirks because it was considered a Tier 1 mech, and that there were 5 tiers of mechs.

Cataphract would probably fall between 1 and 2, though it doesn't have any (many?) negative quirks at the moment, so it could get something.

I do wonder if it could target certain variants more than others. The Victor K certainly isn't in the same class as the S, though it might be considered the same for Quirks, which would be sad.

I hope the Banshee 3M gets some cooling quirks....MOAR WUB!

I do remember Russ saying something about the tier system and the Victor. I am nervous about the Victor getting restored to where it was. It seemed too "Heavy like" for an Assault.

In any case, you want cooling for your WubShee, I want more cooling for my ThunderWub (5SS I think) :)

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 25 September 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#18 Andross Deverow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

My question is what qualifies a mech for a particular tier? The reason I ask is the Atlas is in bad need of some quirks to enhance its durability. The Atlas is iconic but what tier is it? If it is tier 1 it means no quirks which will be sad.

Regards

#19 Bromineberry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 September 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

It'S the same with the Griffin. I'm not particularly fond of the mech, but I can work with the 3M. The 1S on the other side is just a piece of rubbish imho. 4 hardpoints in the right arm that is sooo oeasy to remove because one can it it from nearly 270 degree...

#20 BOWMANGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

Seriously? Of ALL the IS heavies the Cataphract is the one which needs a buff? SERIOUSLY?!?!? lololol......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users