18 replies to this topic

#1 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

Last night I attempted to purchase the $29.95 MC bundle. It seemed to go through just fine, but didn't show up in my MC bank total afterward, nor did the charge seem to hit my bank.

Thought maybe if I waited overnight it might update in or something, and this morning my bank confirmed the charge for me, so my card does seem to have been billed. But still no MC.

I would love to give you folks some of my money for some of these paints that are on sale, and am concerned that I'll miss out on the sale. :wacko:

Tried last night and today to submit a ticket through the website, but both times there were no categories available to select in the drop-down menu, and the site would not allow me to submit a ticket without one selected.

I tried through Chrome, Firefox and *shudder* Internet Explorer.

Now I have no MC...AND I had to open Internet Explorer!

Double. Traumatized.

;)

Help me Nikobi-Wan Lunobi...you're my only hope.

#2 Nathan Xain

• PipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

I'm sorry to say that you are not alone- a few others have had these same issues.

To make matters worse people have been waiting weeks for their purchases and still have had nothing except the automated confirmation email from support.

Welcome to a sad and neglected club. Unfortunately.

#3 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:57 AM

They have to fix their sale System.

#4 dra1nman

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:05 AM

the purchase via paysafecard is still not available... i would love to see a comeback

#5 DrecS

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

View Postdra1nman, on 15 September 2014 - 04:05 AM, said:

the purchase via paysafecard is still not available... i would love to see a comeback

+1

#6 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

Ditto for VISA debit as an option...

#7 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:52 AM

Still awaiting response on ticket submitted Friday (9-12-14) night regarding my repeated attempt to purchase MC through a Visa giftcard (which I've done many times in the past) yet it states the card is declined... but I can go and purchase a Kindle book on Amazon without issue. I've noticed this issue ever since they changes their MC purchase menu here on the website.

#8 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

Yet... Russ asks me if PayPal would work instead? WTF?!? LOL fail... no... I want to use the method I've used in the past that has worked...

#9 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

So there's a backlog of tickets regarding this... Russ mentioned to me he is having his folks look into it. I'm guessing IGP handled this part of the MWO business and now PGI is having to step in to handle it now. Hope this gets resolved soon for all of us having similar issues :D

#10 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

I don't mind being patient, I'm just hoping that once they get it sorted they repeat the True Colors sale again for those of us who've missed out on it because of this.

*fingers crossed* :)

#11 keliburn

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:59 AM

I also had the same problem last night - attempted to buy some MC and everything seemed to work just fine .... except I never got any MC and my credit card was never even charged. I thought maybe my bank had declined it or something, but it looks like there just wasn't a transaction. I also wanted to take advantage of the cheap paint, but I guess I can't now. :P

#12 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

so Im not alone

will there be anything coming out telling us when it works?, oh and what about the sales we missed?

#13 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

ok found an E-mail from credit card asking if it was legit (cant trust peps from Canada) I said yes it is, but nothing has happened ? do i need to redo it?

#14 deadmedo

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationBosna i Hercegovina

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:42 AM

Is the MC purchase still not working? I tried an hour ago with Wisa Electron card, nothing happened. Sent email to support...

EDIT:
Problem solved... :)

Edited by deadmedo, 17 September 2014 - 03:18 AM.

#15 keliburn

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

How did it get resolved? I sent an email to the support address as well but never heard anything back ...

#16 deadmedo

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationBosna i Hercegovina

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

It was my mistake. Or better to say the bankers mistake. My credit card was expiring this month so I went to the bank to get the new one and the banker told me my old credit card would be valid till the end of month. I guess it's not.
I bough MC with my new credit card. I received the MC. Had no problem.

The only weird this is that MWO showed no error when i tried to buy MC with my old credit card. I had to go to the ATM to get the message that my old credit card expired.

I also send email to support and only received an email saying that my request was received and being reviewed

#17 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 16 September 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

ok found an E-mail from credit card asking if it was legit (cant trust peps from Canada) I said yes it is, but nothing has happened ? do i need to redo it?

View Postdeadmedo, on 17 September 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

It was my mistake. Or better to say the bankers mistake. My credit card was expiring this month so I went to the bank to get the new one and the banker told me my old credit card would be valid till the end of month. I guess it's not.
I bough MC with my new credit card. I received the MC. Had no problem.

The only weird this is that MWO showed no error when i tried to buy MC with my old credit card. I had to go to the ATM to get the message that my old credit card expired.

I also send email to support and only received an email saying that my request was received and being reviewed

Wow, both of your posts were quite helpful actually, in that, first, I ended up getting a call from my bank asking if the charge was legit, which I confirmed. Then, when the charge still hadn't shown up for a couple of days in my account, I called my bank back, and they said that PGI would have to retry the charge or some such, so to contact them.

I already had an email in to PGI, since I'd been unable to submit a ticket, so I got back home today and checked this thread, only to find that deadmedo's post was the key.

Checked my card, and you guessed it, it expires this month, and I hadn't activated a new one yet. So I activated the new one, and since I didn't need MC for the sale since it had passed, bought the Koshi Package of Clan Wave II without a hitch, confirmed on my card and everything.

Never occurred to me that that could possibly be the issue, since I could still use the card anywhere and everywhere else that I'd tried.

Problem solved. I'll just snag some MC another time and hopefully catch some of the paints on other sales later.

#18 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for responding Nikolai!

I did get an email from Sergio following up on the email I'd sent, since I'd been unable to submit a ticket, to which I replied, referencing this thread, with the latest information as follows...

"Thanks for getting back to me Sergio!

So even though I did not get the payment confirmation at the time of my purchase, my bank did register the attempted purchase, and called me to confirm that it was legitimate the morning after my initial purchase. I assured them it was, and then it sat doing nothing for a couple of days. I called them back to check on the transaction, and they said that it still had not come through on your end for some reason, and to contact you and tell you to try to send it through again.

After that I was browsing a thread on the forums that I'd started asking about the same topic of MC purchases not going through, and noticed a response from a user stating that he'd had a similar issue, and determined it was because his credit card had been set to expire at the end of this month. His situation sounded familiar, and he'd said that he'd been able to activate his new card from the bank and make purchases no problem. So I checked my card, and sure enough, it was set to expire at the end of the month, so activated my new card, and was easily able to make a purchase of the Clan Wave 2 Koshi pack (will be upgrading to the Man O'War pack soon).

For some reason though, my MC purchase never did go through at any point, and I was disheartened to have missed out on the True Colors sale, even though my card was still active at the time, and I'd been able to make several purchases on it throughout the entire month of September. I'm not certain that was definitely the issue, but my newly activated card on the account with a 20XX expiration date seems to work fine with you guys."

Now, since then, I've actually tried another MC purchase, this time of the $6.95 USD variety, as a "test-run", and it's the same problem as the initial MC purchase from the first attempt. This time around I was hoping to use the MC to cash in on the GXP exchange rate, but it seems that for some reason the same issue persists, and this time I know the expiration date on my card is not the issue. As I mentioned though, when I made the purchase of the Koshi pack, there were no issues at all along the lines of what some others seem to have experienced, or what is described in the links you posted. I simply seem unable to purchase any MC for some reason.

Thanks for checking in on it!

Edited by Rip Snorgan, 21 September 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#19 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

***Update***

Just got a call from my bank (again) wanting to confirm not just today's transaction of $6.95, and last weekend's transaction of $29.95 (the two "problem" transactions for MC in question that never went through), but also this past week's $30.00 transaction (for Koshi pack that went through successfully).

In all three cases, on my end, the money is there (though as I mentioned on the first one, possibly, the expiration date is an issue?) I clicked yes on the "spend the money?" button, and got a green check box indicating success, though only in the case of the $30.00 one did I actually get a pop-up box confirming, followed quite immediately by the confirmation email from PGI.

No idea where the error is, if it's on your end, my banks end, or my browsers end.

All I know is I keep missing out on sales I'm pretty excited about. :(

Aside from that though, having a blast finally getting around to leveling my Cataphracts with the double XP weekend (though in my case I almost want to call them "Cored-aphracts" since that seems to be the way I exit most matches so far ;) ), so there's always a bright side. :D

P.S. Since I'd already confirmed 1 of those transactions with them, I think my next goal is to get them fully convinced that yes, I really do legitimately want to give you my money, so please stop worrying about it. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users