Returning Player Needing Help With His Trebuchets

14 replies to this topic

#1 GarrisonWelles

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

Hi all, haven't played in a while and I am returning to the game post Quirks. I evidently bought a TBT-3C before I stopped playing and I'd made some changes to it.

This is what I am currently running

TBT-3C

I thought it had come with a bigger engine, but it looks like I sold it... I do like the slower speed, 81mph seems fine for me.

I need to think about my second and third chassis however, and I'd like some thoughts on a 5J I might be saving for. I don't know, as I don't know what the others are like. Most seem to be LRM boats like I've already got, and the 5J seemed the most different.

TBT-5J

I guess with the Quirks it is a Med Laser brawler? It looks fun, if a bit fragile.

I don't know what to do for a third chassis, and I'm open to suggestions. In fact, any advice on any of my builds would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

#2 Dagon Zur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:20 AM

...both builds look solid to me, you will need more LRM ammo tho, the quirks doubled the firing rate.
On my 7M i used to run 2xLRM15 with 5-6 tons, now i'm running 10-12 tons of ammo... I reduced the engine , removed all lasers, and a lot of armor to make space for that ammo. Absolutely brutal (700-1000 dmg on average), but 100% team dependant.

If you still have the XL300 engine from 3C original loadout, try to put in into 5J, higher speed will do good on that short range skirmisher, it will be less fragile.

For 3rd chassis, i strongly reccomend the 7K variant which can run gauss+erppc, ac20+2ml, 2ac5+erll, 2PPC+ac5 or similar builds. Ignore the missile hardpoints in the arm and use arms as shields.

Edited by Dagon Zur, 06 December 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

I would recommend the 5N as it can basically do everything your 3C can but with better torso twist and hardpoints. The quirk difference is not significant.

Either clone the loadout or run a low tech loadout sans XL/artemis. I find four mlas a little hard on the default heatsinks so I usually just run three with a TAG or more ammo.

The 7K requires specific niche builds to succeed. You will either love or hate the mech. I don't think I have played post quirks with it. Probably take it out after posting this.

#4 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostGarrisonWelles, on 06 December 2014 - 01:14 AM, said:

Hi all, haven't played in a while and I am returning to the game post Quirks. I evidently bought a TBT-3C before I stopped playing and I'd made some changes to it.

I don't know what to do for a third chassis, and I'm open to suggestions. In fact, any advice on any of my builds would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

May I suggest this Hero Trebuchet

#5 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostSonny Black, on 06 December 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

May I suggest this Hero Trebuchet

"No mech selected"

#6 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 06 December 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

"No mech selected"

My Bad. Basically its a Loup De Guerre with 4 LRM5's 5 1/2 tons of ammo 2 Med Lasers.
Being new I'm not that good, but I've gotten regually 200+ damage 6-7 asst. even a couple of kills. LRM's on Chainfire, and all the ammo you'll ever need. Fast enough that I can get myself out of trouble as fast as I've gotten into it...which is quite often. :lol:

#7 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

No no no, run the Loup De Guerre with 4x SRM6s, and a big enough XL engine to go 92, the rest SRM Ammo. Its a beast!

#8 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostMogney, on 08 December 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

No no no, run the Loup De Guerre with 4x SRM6s, and a big enough XL engine to go 92, the rest SRM Ammo. Its a beast!

Yes it is!!! :ph34r: :ph34r:

#9 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostMogney, on 08 December 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

That would work fine for people who are reasonably good pilots...which I'm not....hence the LRM's

#10 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostSonny Black, on 08 December 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

That would work fine for people who are reasonably good pilots...which I'm not....hence the LRM's

That comes with time. ;)

Though to be honest, I try to keep LRM on my Trenchbuckets as well - though that is more because that is what they were built for. :ph34r:

SRM on the LDG are pretty beastly though.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 08 December 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#11 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 08 December 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

That comes with time. ;)

Though to be honest, I try to keep LRM on my Trenchbuckets as well - though that is more because that is what they were built for. :ph34r:

SRM on the LDG are pretty beastly though.

I am surprised I don't see more in MWO it appears to be a fine chassis that you can do a lot of things with....unlike the TT version, we called it the Trashbucket, slow but way under armored.

#12 Mankor

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:41 AM

Buddy,

The TBTs are the way to go. The M is the best for boating - depending on your play style of course. Jody Von Jedi tweeked my build for my go to tournament mech. It's all about being consistent. You won't get many games over 1000, just not enough ammo, but over 500. Oh yeah...

http://mwomercs.com/...gend-continues/

#13 Mankor

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

The 3c can be a good brawler - put in a big enough engine, XL370 - after quirk 131. SRMS and 4 ml. Flank all day long. Never trade shots - that's for assaults. You are an assassin. Know your map, flank, back stab. Fun change up to boating. Doesn't take advantage of quirks, but you can use a bigger engine. Boat with the M.

#14 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:01 AM

The 7M is still one of my favorite mechs. I just ignore the quirks and run it like I have for last year. It's really a great strike mech. Unload a ton of damage and run.

7M

I've been running the 3C with a single LRM15. With the cooldown quirk, it fires so fast, I'll trade the 2nd launcher for a bigger engine. Currently running an XL360, 1 LRM15 and 4 ML.

Jody

#15 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostMankor, on 09 December 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

Buddy,

The TBTs are the way to go. The M is the best for boating - depending on your play style of course. Jody Von Jedi tweeked my build for my go to tournament mech. It's all about being consistent. You won't get many games over 1000, just not enough ammo, but over 500. Oh yeah...

http://mwomercs.com/...gend-continues/

Good Golly Miss Molly!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users