Noobpit

3 replies to this topic

#1 Markocius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

Heya Folks,
Just wanted to jump in here and start logging my plans and build information for my own "SimPit."

To start, this simpit has to pull quadruple duty. These are in no particular order, however, so each duty should be considered of the same priority.

Duty A: Immersive for MechWarrior: Online
Duty B: Immersive for Space Flight Sims (Futuristic type stuff like, Star Citizen.)
Duty C: Immersive for World War II Flight Sims (Suchs IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 and Cliffs of Dover)
Duty D: Has to Function as a Work Station.

What I have already for "center blocks" for the Pit is a Saitek HOTAS (X-52 Pro), Saitek Rudder Pedals, Track IR v4, BenQ W1080ST Projector, and a Pretty kickin' Gamer Chair that I got from a flee market for $20.

Space is an issue, so I might not use the Projector as I am imagining a closed situation.

More to come as I get more detailed plans together.

#2 Markocius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

Alrighty. . . Been doing sime serious research lalely on the Projector. Seems at 2 ft 3 inches from screen is going to be the optimum spacing for a 40inch diagonal screen. At 16:9 ratio that translates into a 35 in wide by 22 in tall screen.

After some intial prices checks, I am looking at trying to use some hardboard and a gallon of projector screen paint. A can of the great stuff, top of the line premium paint sells for roughly $279. That will be the single most expensive part of the project.

Since this is my 1st project ever. I am thinking of actually building a scale model before I start the real deal. I got that idea after I took some graph paper and drew what the screen might look like.

More details to follow soon.

Thanks,
Marko

#3 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

Good luck on your project man. Simpits are a lot of work and the more planning you do, the better it's going to come out in the long run.

Take it from someone who didn't plan :X

#4 Markocius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I really appreciate them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users