36 replies to this topic

#21 Sovery_Simple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

Hunch Fox

Think of it as an angry little badger. Hunchbacks deal 35 damage in an alpha, and you deal 34, this pisses you off naturally, so you doubletap that ***** for 54 damage, because **** that guy, you've got an alpha too.

Play it (almost) exactly like a hunchback, with 20 tons saved for the team. You could complain about having only 14 shots of UAC20 ammo, but you're a friggin' light mech. If you aren't seriously fk'ed up by the time you run out of ammo, you're playing too safe or they've ignored you too much to their detriment. :3

(To anyone that's ever taken a HBK-4P and slapped 9 med pulse lasers on it, this handles basically the same, but ooooh so much more heat efficient.)

(Edit: Had to fix the link)

Edited by Whoops, 29 September 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#22 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

Gonna have to try that... Working on my kitfoxes after all :)

#23 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:21 AM

I have reconfigured mine to the A and B models, I enjoy using the gauss rifle on the Uller A because it really seems to suprise people. I have been ignored in favor of heavier targets only to pop up and sling some slugs down range and the two ER Mediums allow for some close range damage. As Whoops stated, low ammunition levels are a problem so you really need to make the shots count. It has really helped me with fire discipline as well, instead of taking that risky shot at extreme range to maybe do 50% damage I hold those rounds until I can get good solid shots on target. With the B configuration the uAC-10 can really pump out some damage and the SRM-6, ER Medium and ER Small keep dealing damage at close range. Both are really heat efficient and can be built using the Prime Omnipods for the bonuses.

#24 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:44 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 26 September 2014 - 03:57 AM, said:

this too is fun
KFX-PRIME

hah, this is what i have doen during the 2x XP event, queued only in assault matches and went off hunting turrets easy and fats XP xD

View PostThat Dawg, on 26 September 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

Very interesting.
hows that thing work without ecm?

its like an adder, with the difference that the adder has a bit more worse hitboxes, but therefore adder has soem higher mounted M points in its torso. But you got some MG's which si nice when heat is higher already and the opponent open.

#25 Ashan An

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:06 AM

This are my 2 favorite builds of all the one i've tried

KFX-PRIME

KFX-PRIME

ps:
I had a bit more mixed result but overall a lot of fun with this build too KFX-D

Edited by JeanMarks, 09 October 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#26 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 27 September 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

Yeah there is a link in my post. I also like 2xERLL, ERML, ECM http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e9782d7a1bbbbdd Posted Image

DAMN you almost beat my highest damage in a mech that weighs 65 tons less damn fine job! Also why not split up you CERLLs so if you lose a side you still have one. Lastly does this build still work as well after the LL nerfs? Or did you notice a big hit to its effectiveness?

#27 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 09 October 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

DAMN you almost beat my highest damage in a mech that weighs 65 tons less damn fine job! Also why not split up you CERLLs so if you lose a side you still have one. Lastly does this build still work as well after the LL nerfs? Or did you notice a big hit to its effectiveness?

The build has lost a lot of favor with me because it needs to leave the pack to kite, also taking the ecm with it. I have had much better success against lights and heavies alike using LPL+ERML rather than ERLL. With ERLLs, lights can take even more advantage of your low speed and poor short range performance. Seems like I get much more dependable performance using the Kitfox as an intermediate fire support role using a LPL, + 3 ERML and 15 or 16DHS.

It cant speed tank or armor tank so it must either firepower tank or range tank. However, this firepower must be long range or intermediate range. Short range firepower is hard to leverage in this mech.

I generally feel like adding ECM takes away too much firepower for my playstyle but I consider ECM, LPL, 2ERML a good option for the ECM must haves.

I also feel that forcing myself to play without ECM requires me to play smarter without "the cruch" for lack of a better term. Though you could argue I am hurting my team not bringing ECM, I can also bring a monster game packed within a crappy over-gunned 30 ton mech.

So long story short, I now prefer the LPL over the ERLL since the nerf. Only because one weapon is good on every map while another is good on just a few.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 09 October 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#28 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:51 PM

Well put, good info, just gettng into my kitfox's now. After I saw that match you had i went to see if you played kitfox's in the tourney and it appears you did! Well done there aswell.

I just thought up a build today that i thought would really support the team 2 x CERLLs +1 ECM+1 NARC+JJs.
Using this I tell the team first off i have advanced NARC and take team command so when i say a target will be narced they notice. So far its been my most effective build. I built it specifically for Assult mode and it seems to be a game winner.

#29 FindersWeepers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the CIA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 28 September 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

Well, if you play on going alone, ECM can give you away if you forget to switch modes when you get near the whale you wish to backstab.

SRM24 is no joke on something that small. The trick is to do drive-byes and corner peeks, jump shots as well.

Its high risk, but if you stay with your heavies, the enemy tends to not shoot at you. late match when everyone is beat up, if you stayed hidden and only took potshots, you can vulture like mad.
NEVER stare down an opponent, always have an angle.
srm24 rocks! I can usually pull 500dpg, and it is very good for taking out bigmechs. Another great thing to do is get 4 JJs and hit em with volleys while flying everywhere [=

#30 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

I'm sure something like this has been linked but I really like:
x2 JJs
ECM
x3 AMS
x3 Medium Pulse
3.5 tons of AMS ammo
Max armor

It winds up at 1.37 heat efficiency and I went for the Clan AMS Range 5, and AMS Overload. C-MPL do 7.4 damage (22.2 for all three) so the offenseive power is pretty nice, also shorter beam duration of pulses so you don't have to stay exposed. JJ's are good enough mobility with just the two. It's a nice ride...and under the new rewards system has been raking in some cash.

Good for helping friends level Dire's, haha.

#31 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 09 October 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

how can an entire team do so much damage? this is for my undertsanding impossible because that must mena you ttoally strip those mechs instead of killing them efficiently.

anyways, slap in 2 ppc and an ecm, works fine.

Edited by Lily from animove, 22 October 2014 - 03:00 PM.

#32 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:04 PM

i'm kinda peeved on the JJ thing...most of my build are now kinda gimped. had to down size one to 2ML over 2MPL and pretty much had to remove ammo, DHS, and/or weapons to get the builds back.

I really like my one build with 1ML, 2MPL,LBX5.

View PostSep, on 22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

srm24 rocks! I can usually pull 500dpg, and it is very good for taking out bigmechs. Another great thing to do is get 4 JJs and hit em with volleys while flying everywhere [=

and this....but on my Adder-D i use 4xSRM4+Artemis and like 700 rounds of ammo and I end up with massive scores and not a whole lot of ammo left by the end. SRM boats are just so much fun.....sadly they will get nerf'd at some point :(

#33 Morticia Mellian

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:28 PM

The Kit Fox build been doing well with is ERLarge and LRM20 with ECM, Active Probe, and Targ Comp 1. While not the greatest of damage dealing, averaging 250-350, but always get a lot of assists and spotting assists. I got Philantropist achievement with this mech. Also high win ration versus loss interestingly enough too.

edit: Also to note, i am more likely to get ignored with the Kit than I do with my Raven/Cicada/Mist Lynx.

Edited by Morticia Mellian, 16 February 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#34 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

View PostMorticia Mellian, on 16 February 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

The Kit Fox build been doing well with is ERLarge and LRM20 with ECM, Active Probe, and Targ Comp 1. While not the greatest of damage dealing, averaging 250-350, but always get a lot of assists and spotting assists. I got Philantropist achievement with this mech. Also high win ration versus loss interestingly enough too.

I wouln't bother with an LRM-20 launcher unless its heavily quirked(like a Stalker-4H). The spread and rate of fire is much worse than two LRM-10s. Additionally, a generalist build like that is all over the place and won't be doing any one thing particularly well. I highly recommend going one direction as much as possible with the Kitfox. It is also important to be willing to give up the ECM arm when you want firepower.

I haven't posted in here for a while so I will share all my current builds.
lurmfox http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4a62273c15d5974
splatfox http://mwo.smurfy-ne...128d17dbc195a96
streakfox http://mwo.smurfy-ne...738972ad631b182
supportfox http://mwo.smurfy-ne...378c7f2c80dc682
kitefox http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0811813eac4bb34
battlefox http://mwo.smurfy-ne...48ef84f705413ce

It can't speed tank or armor tank so its usually best to range tank at intermediate to long range. The SRM and LRM builds are mostly lackluster niche roles while the Streak build makes a decent light repellant.

I mostly drive the support, kite, and battle builds on the regular queues.

Remember, the Kitfox is already a sub-optimal chassis, so it really helps to put the best possible builds. I have nearly 1000 games in a Kitfox so I know what it can and can't do.

#35 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:31 PM

I now use ALRM20, 2 CERML & 2 CMG. I had to switch after Clan laser heat increased making 3 CERML tougher to use plus the LRM helped the massive number of times allies walked right into my line of fire and parked there in front of me usually with no means of firing around them due to terrain. CERML adds to ranged damage and in a pinch, combos with CMG for clse range protection. It carries 1 ECM but no AMS.

#36 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:19 AM

View PostWhoops, on 29 September 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

Hunch Fox

Think of it as an angry little badger. Hunchbacks deal 35 damage in an alpha, and you deal 34, this pisses you off naturally, so you doubletap that ***** for 54 damage, because **** that guy, you've got an alpha too.

Play it (almost) exactly like a hunchback, with 20 tons saved for the team. You could complain about having only 14 shots of UAC20 ammo, but you're a friggin' light mech. If you aren't seriously fk'ed up by the time you run out of ammo, you're playing too safe or they've ignored you too much to their detriment. :3

(To anyone that's ever taken a HBK-4P and slapped 9 med pulse lasers on it, this handles basically the same, but ooooh so much more heat efficient.)

(Edit: Had to fix the link)

Any build that requires stripping armor of this is inherently risky.
If you're going to strip the legs to less than half, back armor to one point...I get the fun of this build, but you have to at least hope to live to the end- build for that.
just my .02

View PostWildstreak, on 16 February 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

I now use ALRM20, 2 CERML & 2 CMG. I had to switch after Clan laser heat increased making 3 CERML tougher to use plus the LRM helped the massive number of times allies walked right into my line of fire and parked there in front of me usually with no means of firing around them due to terrain. CERML adds to ranged damage and in a pinch, combos with CMG for clse range protection. It carries 1 ECM but no AMS.

time and time again, I come back to that build...tried almost (most) of the builds I can find, and always come back to that one

#37 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

KFX-PRIME
KFX-PRIME

oh what the hell, caution to the wind, haven't tried this yet. not so much about damage, but pulling the enemy to chase you, or split them up.
I think if you worry about getting caught by lights, the trip smpl would be the ticket.

this, out of parts laying around mechbay

ok, it would seem its a low damage build, BUT..with the whacky economy now, it pays quite well, flanking/protecting enemy light\medium, hit and run, scouting etc paid out nicely.
sneak behind, snipe and move, snipe and move, get caught, hope for the best, LOL
that last build...whoa, could be a couple of lucky battles (always hard to judge, you get stomped first time out, that build sucked, you dominate, that build OP) but it seems to be...worthy of an evening battles

Edited by That Dawg, 17 February 2015 - 06:43 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users