Play Own Music During Battle

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Ingame music player? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to be able to play your own music in game as soon as the battle starts and stops as soon as you die?

1. Yes (16 votes [59.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.26%

2. No (7 votes [25.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.93%

3. No opinion (4 votes [14.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Can we setup our own music folder where we can put old MW2 and MW3 soundtracks that will play in repeat during the battle and play using the ingame music player? As of now at best we have to alt-tab and start music when the battle starts, and alt-tab as soon as you die, which isn't very convenient.

#2 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

I don't if they will actually spend the time to code such a feature, however in the meantime you can setup global hotkeys with most audio players if you don't have a keyboard with media control buttons and use them to pause the music between matches. Thats what I do personally.

#3 beartraps

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLexington,Kentucky

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

If you use an ASTRO Pro or that type of Headset just plug in your Streaming source and it mixes it,VOILA

#4 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

I have MW2, 3, 4 and MC soundtracks on my hard-drive that I would love to be integrated into the game. Just a editable album-repeat folder would be great... BUT, Windows Media Player is already convinient enough for me. Still this is just a convinience issue to me.

Edited by Zephonarch II, 25 September 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#5 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:28 AM

Yes, the problem is it doesn't trigger the music to stop when the battle stops, or music to start when the mech starts.

#6 Xenorage

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:35 AM

1.)Use a keyboard with mediaplay button.
2.) write an autohotkey script to play /pause mp3 player
3.) use a phone or mp3 player to play your music

#7 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:04 PM

View PostmasCh, on 24 September 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

Can we setup our own music folder where we can put old MW2 and MW3 soundtracks that will play in repeat during the battle and play using the ingame music player? As of now at best we have to alt-tab and start music when the battle starts, and alt-tab as soon as you die, which isn't very convenient.

There's a lot of things more important than this that could use work. I don't see this as a worth while use of their time. You might try playing in windowed mode and pin whatever program you're using for the music to your task bar. That way you can just click back and forth between them.

#8 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:58 AM

View PostmasCh, on 24 September 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

I'm not sure about MW2 and MW3, but there is an addon called "Mechwarrior 4 music pack" or something like that on ModDB that changes the mechlab music to MW4's and plays MW4 soundtracks for the whole match. I've been using it for about a year now.

EDIT: here is a link to the music addons (including the MW4 one): https://www.moddb.co...r-online/addons

Edited by admiralbenbow123, 09 September 2018 - 02:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users