#21 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostBeo Vulf, on 04 October 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

If this is all occuring on the clan wolf server with clan wolf players than it is possible to do. Now adding (Shudders) clan jade falcon, Ghost bear, Wolverine, etc. would make it more difficult, but lets face it the clans as a whole have been more organized than the IS side since 1989. So I do not see this a such an insurmountable problem. Just remember the KISS method and go forward from there.

You're missing the point again.

Not all clan wolf players are on the TS3 server. In fact, many clan wolf players are not in any units at all. This thread is trying to find a way to solve the communications problems that will happen because of this. Since CW drops are always 12 v 12, a group of wolf players that bid 8 mechs, and dropped in their 8, will be paired with 4 mechs that probably have no knowledge of the arrangement, and may not comply with the bid, forcing the group of 8 to actually power down 4 of their mechs instead.

This means that bids can only be done effectively be 12 mech teams. Even if they bid less, they HAVE to have 12 players online, and have a few of them willing to sit the drop out.

#22 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 04 October 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

Not all clan wolf players are on the TS3 server. In fact, many clan wolf players are not in any units at all. This thread is trying to find a way to solve the communications problems that will happen because of this. Since CW drops are always 12 v 12, a group of wolf players that bid 8 mechs, and dropped in their 8, will be paired with 4 mechs that probably have no knowledge of the arrangement, and may not comply with the bid, forcing the group of 8 to actually power down 4 of their mechs instead.

This means that bids can only be done effectively be 12 mech teams. Even if they bid less, they HAVE to have 12 players online, and have a few of them willing to sit the drop out.

That is an excellent summation. Clearly, this should not even be attempted without a full team.

#23 Asatur

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:58 PM

And again I remind that we have 512 free places teamspeak server opened for all Clan Wolf affiliated players, both from other wolf's units and solo players who need to coordinate actions in community warfare... :rolleyes:

#24 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:00 AM

View PostJoanna Conners, on 04 October 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

That is an excellent summation. Clearly, this should not even be attempted without a full team.

Hey, the Inner Sphere may have gone down the drain after you guys left, but our brains still work /somewhat/ right.

#25 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 04 October 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

Preparations should be made to always have 12 people on each individual TS3/Ventrilo/Mumble/whatever server to attack or defend worlds as needed at any given time during the day. Having people from different regions will help. Each Clan is going to have to manage their personnel effectively otherwise the invasion is going to be pretty boring.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 05 October 2014 - 03:29 AM.

#26 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostAsatur, on 04 October 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

And again I remind that we have 512 free places teamspeak server opened for all Clan Wolf affiliated players, both from other wolf's units and solo players who need to coordinate actions in community warfare... :rolleyes:

Maybe this will make the naysayers stop and get with the program.

#27 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

Asatur says there is a clan wolf server which requires no password that can hold up to 512 participants. SO What is the problem. Sounds like a people problem to me people are involved so it's a problem. I would suggest for clan wolf any way that the Galaxey commanders get together and reach an agreement on the rules for trials involving, planatery conquest, refusal, absorbtion, etc. because the more people that put their two cents in the messier the mess is going to get.

#28 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostBeo Vulf, on 05 October 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

Asatur says there is a clan wolf server which requires no password that can hold up to 512 participants. SO What is the problem. Sounds like a people problem to me people are involved so it's a problem. I would suggest for clan wolf any way that the Galaxey commanders get together and reach an agreement on the rules for trials involving, planatery conquest, refusal, absorbtion, etc. because the more people that put their two cents in the messier the mess is going to get.

That's part of what this thread is trying to do. Coupled again with the fact that NOT ALL WOLF PLAYERS ARE IN UNITS. They don't have any obligation to follow the word of a galaxy commander that they are not under.

#29 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostBeo Vulf, on 05 October 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

Actually I was only thinking about individual units doing this. Officers bidding back and forth for who can accomplish the mission with the fewest pilots.

Doing this on a grand scale could be fun though and many Wolf units have spaces available on the other Wolves' teamspeak channels so this is not some drama to fuss over.

#30 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostJoanna Conners, on 05 October 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

Actually I was only thinking about individual units doing this. Officers bidding back and forth for who can accomplish the mission with the fewest pilots.

Doing this on a grand scale could be fun though and many Wolf units have spaces available on the other Wolves' teamspeak channels so this is not some drama to fuss over.

But I ask that everyone let the officers of the various units make the rules that all will live by that way there is no way there can be a miss-understanding when all is said and done.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 05 October 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

That's part of what this thread is trying to do. Coupled again with the fact that NOT ALL WOLF PLAYERS ARE IN UNITS. They don't have any obligation to follow the word of a galaxy commander that they are not under.

But galaxy affiliated or not they are bound by clan honor to listen to the Clan Khan.

#31 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostBeo Vulf, on 05 October 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

But galaxy affiliated or not they are bound by clan honor to listen to the Clan Khan.

Who do you think among the Wolves is the Khan? I daresay, several claim that title (much like several other Clan affiliated units do).

#32 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

1) Who wants to be Khan? put your name in the hat if you do.
2) Trial of possesion. All who wish to be Khan must participate and agree that the winner of the trial will be recognized as the Il-Khan of clan wolf.
3) Sah-Khan all clan wolf affiliates nominate a member of their command. All affiliates will vote from among the nominies to decide the holder of this postion. if no one can achieve a majority of 50.1% the top 10 vote getters will participate in a trial of possession with the winner being declared Sah-Khan.
4) Clan lore master. each orginization has their own lore master, so let the lore masters decide between them selves who has the greatest ammount of knowledge of clan lore and would best represent the clan in this position.
If this is agreeable to all clan members than "Lets get it on". Asatur has the TS site to do this on.

#33 Demiurge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 713 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:05 PM

Ulrik Kerensky is Khan of Clan Wolf. Gard Radik is SaKhan. No one else.

And i and my team call anyone who not agree with that to Trial.

P.S. Personaly i like bidding idea.

#34 Asatur

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:51 PM

View PostDemiurge, on 05 October 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

Ulrik Kerensky is Khan of Clan Wolf. Gard Radik is SaKhan. No one else.
And i and my team call anyone who not agree with that to Trial.

Demiurge expresses point of view of all Clan Wolf Beta Galaxy in this words.

And my previous message about our teamspeak server was NOT recruiting message, we don't recruit any players who speak english, german, french, zulu, suahili etc., we only want to help people without team. Some matches last week in cooperative with guys from "The Golden Keshik" shows that language barrier is a problem in social communications but not a problem ingame - mech names, grid points are similar with some small differences. :)

#35 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

View PostBeo Vulf, on 05 October 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

2) Trial of possesion. All who wish to be Khan must participate and agree that the winner of the trial will be recognized as the Il-Khan of clan wolf.
3) Sah-Khan all clan wolf affiliates nominate a member of their command. All affiliates will vote from among the nominies to decide the holder of this postion. if no one can achieve a majority of 50.1% the top 10 vote getters will participate in a trial of possession with the winner being declared Sah-Khan.
4) Clan lore master. each orginization has their own lore master, so let the lore masters decide between them selves who has the greatest ammount of knowledge of clan lore and would best represent the clan in this position.
If this is agreeable to all clan members than "Lets get it on". Asatur has the TS site to do this on.

I think it is pretty safe to say that Clan Wolf has leadership from different units that are doing their jobs fine for the most part.

We use keshik names for our highest leadership, though they are not for the entirety of all clan wolf units, they are those positions for our unit. Each one performs the duties and functions of those jobs that are necessary for proper administration above and beyond just being warriors.

No offense to anyone else, however, myself and my unit would not bow to another, whether that would be from Clan Wolf as it is, or some other unit.

We have been through that, and do not wish for someone else to dictate how we will do what we want to do.

#36 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostBeo Vulf, on 05 October 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

But I ask that everyone let the officers of the various units make the rules that all will live by that way there is no way there can be a miss-understanding when all is said and done.

First, and no offense, but if you are not even in Clan Wolf why are you in this discussion and telling people what they should do? :P

Second, naturally each unit would have their own way of doing this. This thread is about sharing what each unit has for ideas, not for dictating what anyone does.

Third, the Clan Khan is an NPC controlled by PGI.

#37 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

If anyone is unclear as to what this topic is about... it is ONLY a friendly discussion about how each unit might do bidding internally between themselves, or if they want to bid with one another, how that might work.

This is NOT a recruit thread, a thread for telling people what to do, a thread for telling people they have to conform to or play by someone else's rules, a demand that all Clan Wolf affiliated units share leadership, or anything else.

Kindly keep within these parameters or I will have the topic closed. :P

#38 Mako408

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

View PostBeo Vulf, on 05 October 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

Hahahaha... This guy is funny...

#39 Kesslan

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:34 AM

Honestly the only way I see this working is if you happen to have a 12 v 12 match between two clan units who agree at the time they meet to then start bidding. Otherwise you just wind up with the matches we have now because, at present, there is no discussion from PGI's side for accomodating trials of possession in CW

#40 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:24 PM

View PostMako408, on 13 October 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

Hahahaha... This guy is funny...

BTW my clan tag is Canis0110011, this post is under my primary account and forum profile.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users