Memory Leak Is Back Again

26 replies to this topic

#1 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

Title is self explanatory. What i cannot understand is how i was playing in Very hight in closed beta without memory allocation errors and after the graphichs "upgrade" i get lost of allocation errors at very low

*Update*
-Grimson Strait, the only map i can get it during gameplay, almost guaranted(9/10 games) Cryengine error at some point
-Terra Therma/Alpine Peaks/Tourmaline desert i get it sometimes after the loading is done
-The other maps give it to me from very rarely to never

I beleave on the 1st match i play after i launch the game i never get cryengine error, even on crimson

P.S.: Mods, why did you move this to General discussion? it's place is under the Patch Feedback.

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 13 October 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#2 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

Updated

#3 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

How much ram, 32 bit OS?

I used to have a similar issue, it stopped with more ram and a 64 bit OS.

#4 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 13 October 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

How much ram, 32 bit OS?

My PC is bad (2gb) but once upon a time(closed beta) even i could run this game at Very high. Also if i can run it 1nce without problems i should be able to run it always.

#5 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostM0rpHeu5, on 13 October 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

My PC is bad (2gb) but once upon a time(closed beta) even i could run this game at Very high. Also if i can run it 1nce without problems i should be able to run it always.

I used to have 2 gigs as well, and could run a half dozen matches without crashes. That ended when the Clans released, where I would get a crash every second or third match.

The difference might have been their textures, since while most IS mechs are 1k textures, the Clams are 2k.

Anyhow, going to 4 gigs and a 64 bit OS removed all Mem Alloc errors for me.

#6 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostM0rpHeu5, on 13 October 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

Closed Beta was on a different version of cryengine, had 1/10th the, mechs 1/4 of the weapons and was many years ago now.

Have you tried running the repair tool or a complete clean install?

#7 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

Yeah, my son's system has a 32bit OS and he gets dropped constantly. It's so bad he hardly plays anymore. Planning on upgrading his OS around tax time, but the fact the game is forcing that solution on me kinda sucks.

#8 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

Seriously, im amazed at the number of people who seem to be still running 32bit OS. I was selling computers 5yrs ago and back then it was strongly recommended to get a 64bit OS because of the memory issues 32bit causes and they were already well into being phased out. More of a question about poor sales people not informing their customers about the products than anything else.

#9 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 13 October 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

How much ram, 32 bit OS?

This does seem to happen on 32 bit os. just isnt enough....

#10 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

I have 8 gigs of RAM and a 64 bit OS and I still get memory allocation errors after playing 4-5 games every time I play.

Edited by Lexx, 13 October 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

You need to cap out @ 4GB these days, especially while running a 32-bit OS. You'll lose some memory for "reasons", but it's better than having "barely enough" (2GB) for this game.

#12 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostLexx, on 13 October 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

I have 8 gigs of RAM and a 64 bit OS and I still get memory allocation errors after playing 4-5 games every time I play.

I can do about that. Win7 pro 8gb Corsair. The largest I've seen MWO take is around 2.3gb once it gets that high I have to shut the client down. I have plenty of overhead left, about 4gb after the OS allocations not factoring virtual memory. I have restored to stock clocks on the memory, ran Memtestx86 until pass 11 and no errors found so the memory is solid. I'm out of ideas Lol

When I see these numbers I would be expecting memory errors with people less than 4gb on a 64bit OS.

Edited by Saxie, 13 October 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#13 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 13 October 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

You need to cap out @ 4GB these days, especially while running a 32-bit OS. You'll lose some memory for "reasons", but it's better than having "barely enough" (2GB) for this game.

Or take the nuclear option and go for the gold @ 32 gigs ;-)

#14 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

If you're running fullscreen in dx9 and never alt-tab, 4gb RAM will probably be enough. If you run in dx11 or alt-tab, you'll need at least 8. More is better.

#15 Aron

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCologne

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

Running 8 gigs of RAM and a 64 bit OS having the same problem, even after applying the tool PGI proposed...

Edited by Aron, 13 October 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#16 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

I know this is overkill but I have 32 gigabytes on my computer I don't think its that pointless anymore seeing how this is going I just wish they could have a 64-bit client I know it does better at something but I forgot what that was.

#17 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

Same here.

I run win7-64 bit, I have 3 gigs in virtual ram across my 3 HD's, and 8 gigs of DDR3, and the game is always crashing out after about 7 games or so, and it still freezes out where I have to go to task manager to shut it down.. alot.

#18 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

View PostMister D, on 13 October 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

Same here.

I run win7-64 bit, I have 3 gigs in virtual ram across my 3 HD's, and 8 gigs of DDR3, and the game is always crashing out after about 7 games or so, and it still freezes out where I have to go to task manager to shut it down.. alot.

same here I have 32 gigabytes of ram yet it still freezes when I try to quit sometimes. Something needs to be done.

You would think it would be common sense to archive it in such a way it could be easy to find the files but apparently that is just not possible for cry engine. I think they even told us they went over the maximum memory for cry engine and a lot of these errors were happening it sucked!

Edited by Whatzituyah, 13 October 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#19 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:39 PM

So now it is spreading to 64 bits systems too, interesting.

It is getting worse ad worse each time new stuff is added to the game. A couple of maps are already not playable at all for some, it crashes on load even if it is the first game.

#20 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:17 PM

View PostEvilCow, on 13 October 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

So now it is spreading to 64 bits systems too, interesting.

It is getting worse ad worse each time new stuff is added to the game. A couple of maps are already not playable at all for some, it crashes on load even if it is the first game.

This is true and it shouldnt be like that.
On the other hand i am amazed that there are people out there that expect a Game from 2014 to run on a 2gb 32bit Engine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users