Gargoyle New King Of The Battlefield

349 replies to this topic

#1 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

What do you guys think of the gargoyle going toe to toe with the Dire wolf? Do you think the gargoyle has what it takes to dethrone the king of battle? Personally i like it and i can't wait to see the end of dire wolf's which litter the battlefield now that they are Cbill purchase

I am hoping that the second wave dominates just as the first wave did

#2 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

Its a mech that can keep up with heavies and mediums and carry a respectable payload. It will.

#3 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:12 PM

Do you even Play Assault mechs or bother to look at the hard points? It will have one good load out you can make with being a 8 point laser boat. the other maybe a in your face brawler with **** for ammo. A Decent mech yeah maybe, a Dire wolf killer lol your a troll. So I will warn everyone else not to feed you.
Executioner had a chance with or without MASC but until then all hail and worship dire whale *for clan assault.

#4 Garamanus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 63 posts
  • Location260+ Ping, Australia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

The number of times my team have moved away from me when in a Dire (Whale) Wolf is too many.
Isolated and alone it goes down to groups of mediums or lights.
If I find a Dire Wolf I look to see if he is alone and I have support.
And then decide, run and fight it latter or fight it now.
I do not see them as a problem.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

It's only advantage is it's speed, if you don't use it tactically don't use it at all. Treat it like a big armoured Medium that can support fast pushes and flanks, and be in front of your friendly Timberwolves and Kit Foxes and Storm Crows.

If someone wants to stay at the back and shoot long range weapons in a Gargoyle, they brought the wrong mech there are much better options for that style of play.

#6 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

the same speed and loadouts (vaguely) can be accomplished with a Battlemaster. which i lovingly dubbed the "Blitzmaster"
it can be useful as a rusher/tip of the spear, and can do some pretty decent damage, but it can not go toe to toe with another assault mech alone. it lacks the stopping power and armor to take it on. But heavies will get rekt.

#7 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:37 AM

Well, i feel i am going to love it. Not only because it is a Wolf 'Mech and most common Assault. It has defects, but it is fast enough to keep up with heavies and mediumds as already said, and with a XL engine it will have an unprecedented agility for an assault. It will just run around a Dire Wolf blasting its sides and back without being tracked by the Dire Whale. Just saying.

#8 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:04 AM

Dethroning the Dire Wolf is monsterous assumption to make. The Wave 2 chassis are mostly glass cannons anyway.

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

View PostKelesK, on 27 September 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

Dethroning the Dire Wolf is monsterous assumption to make.

No need to dethrone it. Dire Wolf, Warhawk and Gargoyle are all different chassis with different capabilities, pros and cons and, i dare say, different uses .

#10 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:45 AM

Timberwolf moves just as fast, has better hardpoints, and can mount more of them, at the cost of at most a ton of armor.

Warhawk can go almost as fast, has more armor, and can mount more weapons.

The Dire Wolf is the Dire Wolf.

Gargoyle's niche is in a fast assault group, but if you don't need the speed, the other 2 are better mechs.

#11 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:45 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 27 September 2014 - 04:37 AM, said:

Well, i feel i am going to love it. Not only because it is a Wolf 'Mech and most common Assault. It has defects, but it is fast enough to keep up with heavies and mediumds as already said, and with a XL engine it will have an unprecedented agility for an assault. It will just run around a Dire Wolf blasting its sides and back without being tracked by the Dire Whale. Just saying.

So...like the Victor, then. Right. That worked out well <_<

#12 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

I mean.. The bottom line is like I said, they're all glass cannons. They're all best suited in support roles as all are lacking immensely in armour for their weight class.

That being said I play my Mad Dog in a support role and it works an absolute charm, try tackling anything in a similar weight class alone though and it gets shredded. It just does not have the staying power to survive a slugfest.

That also being said I would not like to be in cuddling distance of a Gargoyle Prime unless it had been softened up. Especially if it had a friend... 11 tonne of armour be damned. >.<

Edited by KelesK, 27 September 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#13 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

As I said in another thread about the new mechs the Gargoyle is a wait and see kind of mech. We know it's speed, it's hardpoints but we don't know how it actually handles.

If it runs around like Victors used to than I can see it being very good. If it handles like a fat slug than forget it.

#14 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

I think the Gargoyle will replace the DWF and WHK for fast attack groups. (It is pretty much a Summoner with more armor)

KFX/MLX-SCR-TBR/HBR-GAR= 89 KPH+ Stealth Deathball.

#15 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:58 AM

Gargoyle will definitely be a preference for fast attack lances!

#16 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

The gargoyle has approximately 18 tons of weaponry space, So no i dont think it will go toe to toe with the direwolf

#17 LtColVeers

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnion-class DropShip Ofnir, Supernova First, 10th Wolf Guards, Icar lower orbit

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

With 80 tons and some 18t of podspace i think it is wrong to think the Gargoyle will dethrone the Direwolf as king of anything, certainly not as the mutant weapon whale the dire is, maybe has a good place in fast hitter stars. personally I must say that the chosen mech of our Khan Ulric is a must have for me. :)

Edited by LtColVeers, 27 September 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#18 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:16 PM

I think that if it can move faster then the Dire Wolf and with 2 ballistics and 2 missiles pods than it will be lethal on the Battlefield. It could run circles around the Dire wolf with SRM's and AC5's

#19 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

UAC20 + 4ERML

Will be fine as a big striker...

#20 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

December. Everything changes. A new king is in town...

THE KING CRAB!
It had to be said...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users