New Battletech Novels Announced!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Sabre Howell

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

So for all of you who have been patiently awaiting the next Battletech Novel release your in luck!

I was looking through the classic Battletech website and came across an "upcoming releases" Section for books.

http://bg.battletech...oming-releases/

3 Novels and 1 short story collection are listed as coming

Embers of War, by Jason Schmetzer
Shadows of Faith, by Loren L. Coleman
Case White, by Victor Milan
Kell Hounds Ascendant: Three Short Novels by Michael A. Stackpole

the descriptions make it sound like they will pick up shortly after the last published novel End Game in 67-68 timeline.

No release dates are listed and these don't appear to be on Amazon for preorder yet but I'm just psyched to see that the Battletech series is back in what appears to be full swing. It was always a really great part of the lore for me and the series long absence, save for battlecorps short content, has been something ive sorely missed.

If this is old news sorry im the late to the celebration, if not then please lets try to get this thread popular so the news can spread. Give a shout out to what you think the best and worse novels are so far!

#2 Cupid and Psyche _

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts
  • LocationUnion DropShip

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:13 PM

Awesome! I'm going to have to keep up my reading. I'm almost through with the Warrior Trilogy. I want to read a bit about the clans and the general time period of MWO. What would you guys recommend? I head I am Jade Falcon is a good one.

Sorry for OT :unsure:

#3 Sabre Howell

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostTranquil Winds, on 22 July 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Awesome! I'm going to have to keep up my reading. I'm almost through with the Warrior Trilogy. I want to read a bit about the clans and the general time period of MWO. What would you guys recommend? I head I am Jade Falcon is a good one.

Sorry for OT :unsure:

You should read the jade phoenix trilogy. Gives a great break down of Clan society and follows events from up until the battle of Tuk through the eyes of Clan Jade Falcon. The Blood of Kerensky Trilogy is a great place to start if you want the Clan invasion through the eyes of the inner sphere up through the same time frame.

#4 Cupid and Psyche _

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts
  • LocationUnion DropShip

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostSabre Howell, on 22 July 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

You should read the jade phoenix trilogy. Gives a great break down of Clan society and follows events from up until the battle of Tuk through the eyes of Clan Jade Falcon. The Blood of Kerensky Trilogy is a great place to start if you want the Clan invasion through the eyes of the inner sphere up through the same time frame.

Thanks for your input! I'll keep those 2 in mind. Is there one you recommend to read before the others?

#5 Sabre Howell

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:35 AM

View PostTranquil Winds, on 22 July 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

Thanks for your input! I'll keep those 2 in mind. Is there one you recommend to read before the others?

If you've read the warrior trilogy already then your set for the 2 I mentioned. Those 2 book series happen parrallel to each other and they are the first introduction of the clans into lore

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:10 AM

Moved to Battletech Discussion.

#7 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:19 AM

Duplicate thread already existing. Closing this thread, please continue to discuss here: http://mwomercs.com/...tletech-novels/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users