Post Your Battletech Stuff (Look What I Dug Out Today Old Thread)

135 replies to this topic

#121 Andre Marek at the Uni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts
  • LocationNecroposting in K-Town

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostTheSilken, on 12 February 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

I only have a few models :(

Those being the original Behemoth, Aiden Pryde's Timber Wolf, 2 Scyllas, the Bounty Hunters power armor, and 2 custom made Ragnaroks from Mechassault (yes I did make some pretty beast Ragnaroks for TT)

I sold most of my models years ago to a few friends. So I have spent years rebuilding. Barely have any. Basically I am reduced to what you see in those pictures. The Omni Assaults and the originals to come with the 3rd Edition. I had a few odd ones (like an Assassin and Annihilator) but not much left. Been going to all the comic stores as stuff to get them back. But I kept all my old data sheets and stuff lol

#122 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 12 February 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

I sold most of my models years ago to a few friends. So I have spent years rebuilding. Barely have any. Basically I am reduced to what you see in those pictures. The Omni Assaults and the originals to come with the 3rd Edition. I had a few odd ones (like an Assassin and Annihilator) but not much left. Been going to all the comic stores as stuff to get them back. But I kept all my old data sheets and stuff lol

MD, you might check this place and the places it links to/link to it - http://battlemechclub.blogspot.com/

#123 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

Thanks man will be watching those now. I did find a local comic store that has a bunch of Ral Partha original miniatures for D&D and BattleTech.

#124 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

Sad day today.

Today Electronic Arts (EA, you know that company that screws up every game it gets its hands on), announced to the world that Maxis Studios (most known for: The Sims Series, SimCity Series, Sim Games, and Spore) would be closed down by EA... I think it is time for us to honor the memory of this company that brought so many good memories. As a fan of the Sims and SimCity 2000 and its subsequent sequels it makes me sad (almost as sad as when Sierra closed its doors). Today I salute Will Wright and Jeff Braun the founders of Maxis and the Sims games, and then another salute to Guaillaume Pierre.

Rest in peace Maxis. Rest in peace.

I think we should say a word if we played these games to honor its memory.

Edited by Marack Drock, 05 March 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#125 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:33 PM

Typical EA.... I remember when they did that to Westwood studios...

#126 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:09 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 04 March 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

Typical EA.... I remember when they did that to Westwood studios...

EA is as bad as Ubisoft and in this department WORSE. EA should have stuck to doing nothing but publishing good games and not interfering with anything cause they suck nads. I hate that company. Rest in peace Westwood. I miss the old days when all the classic companies were on their own and doing their own thing without being shafted by EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Konami (don't get me started on that travesty of a company), and Zenimax (Elder Scrolls Online anyone?). These big name companies always ruin everything for the good old games and then ruin the companies that made them. For instance: Sierra Entertainment, Maxis, Visceral Games, Sunflowers Interactive, Hybride Technologies, Id Software etc so many of these companies were so successful but then they got bought out and then were forced to produce games like: Spiderwick, Assassin's Creed Unity, Spore, The Sims 4, Dead Space 3, etc which then tarnishes their name and ruins hope for the companies and then leads to these great companies being closed like: Fasa Interactive, Westwood, Maxis, and Sierra (just until they were opened up again last year in August).

#127 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

Hello all. Just wanted to ask a question: Anyone here remember Episode 1: Racer? If so do you want to see it released on GOG? Cause I sure as hell do.

#128 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

Posted Image

Got these in the mail. Along with a new copy of Midtown Madness 2.

#129 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:19 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 11 April 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

Got these in the mail. Along with a new copy of Midtown Madness 2.

Vengeance was..... special.... and not in a good way...

After playing MW3, you'll be surprised just how bad it looks by comparison, and that the game play isn't as smooth, nor is the mech lab as nice.

#130 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:21 AM

I know it wasn't as polished a game (and I have played both and beaten actually all of the MW PC games to date) but I like it out of childhood bias. Also I kinda liked the Mechlab. It was simpler. MechWarrior 3 was nice because it used the classic layout, but MW4 made it much more visible (my guess to cater to people who haven't played the Board Game or the previous 2 game series). MW4, was simpler and overall easier to use, but because of that it was not as complex which is both good and bad. Bad for those like you and me who like the Classic layouts of the Mechlab, but good for those new to the series. I think MW4 should be considered like an Introduction to MechWarrior. Then we can move a person up to like MW3 and then MW2. This game is still far from polished and its Mechlab is.......... uuuuuuugggghhhh. Doesn't help UI2.0 is horrible though. MW3 and 2 were by far more superior games but they also weren't under development for only less than year (Pirates Moon was released in 1999 and then a license shift changed with the acquisition of Fasa Interactive by Microsoft and so MW4 began development that same year).

#131 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

Okay so I was bribed back into playing MW:O with a gift from a Guildmate with an Urbie, and also because he started painting mini's again.

Here is the stuff I dug up and dusted off. (I almost never get around to finishing the bases...)

Comstar Level II: (Missing a Spartan and other Ontos is out of picture)

Posted Image

Nova Cat Star:

Posted Image

Posted Image

part of a Clan Jade Falcon Binary with Ares MBT support

Posted Image

#132 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:17 PM

Very awesome. I love with the paint jobs of your mechs (particularly the Com Star lance).

#133 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 916 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:33 PM

Nice clan mechs rolly! If you feel like it you can post them on my thread to show off battletech figures. ;)

http://mwomercs.com/...ech-miniatures/
Thanks,
-ace

#134 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

Thanks. I will definitely repost. I'll even dig up the other stuff.

RE: Comstar, thank you. They're not done yet, I still need to paint the Comstar insignia on.

#135 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

The other day I went to Goodwill.... I came home with these.
Posted Image

#136 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:41 AM

Okay went to that same Goodwill recently and guess what I came back with! More BattleTech books!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users