• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSofia

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 01 February 2015 - 05:24 AM, said:

I wanted to suggest maybe packing in an SRM6 and LRM5 instead of the LRM15 in there to make better use of those machine gun during a brawl, but I ran into the problem of having 1.5 tons left and nothing to spend them on, unless you're considering a largely unnessecary engine upgrade.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4d3b1b8de38aaae

Based on your build, I thought of the following build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d43dbbfb016407f

Shaved off 2 armor of the head, removed artemis, switched to STD 190 to add AMS, 1 ton of AMS ammo, another ton of LRM and SRM ammo

keeping all ammo on the LT is a risk but on a medium mech, losing either side torso is almost as good as getting destroyed.

#142 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostXilacnog, on 01 February 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Shaved off 2 armor of the head, removed artemis, switched to STD 190 to add AMS, 1 ton of AMS ammo, another ton of LRM and SRM ammo

keeping all ammo on the LT is a risk but on a medium mech, losing either side torso is almost as good as getting destroyed.

Needs DHS, but it is a VERY dynamic build. Have you had any luck with it?

#143 Xilacnog

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSofia

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostAmsro, on 01 February 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Needs DHS, but it is a VERY dynamic build. Have you had any luck with it?

DHS?

Not yet, I'd have to buy the STD190, the LRM, SRM and AMS. I'm short on cash atm :)

#144 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostXilacnog, on 01 February 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

With all that space, you defenitly can upgrade for DHS now, and you'll need to free up another ton to get another DHS in there, or the build is not capable to drop (You need at least 10 heat sinks). I'd suggest dropping a ton of LRM ammo.

I'd also try to avoid putting ammo for your missile launchers into the RT, because with that one gone, you'd lose all that ammo. You can defenitely keep that ballistic ammo in there, as when the right arm goes, that stuff won't be of any use anyway. Head and Legs are fairly save on 'Mechs that are not compatible with jump jets.

View PostXilacnog, on 01 February 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

DHS?

Not yet, I'd have to buy the STD190, the LRM, SRM and AMS. I'm short on cash atm :)

Then I'd suggest my original suggestion and upgrade the engine if I were you. Less cost intensive and doesn't need the DHS upgrade as it can't use it due to space constaints.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 01 February 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#145 Xilacnog

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSofia

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 01 February 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

With all that space, you defenitly can upgrade for DHS now, and you'll need to free up another ton to get another DHS in there, or the build is not capable to drop (You need at least 10 heat sinks). I'd suggest dropping a ton of LRM ammo.

I'd also try to avoid putting ammo for your missile launchers into the RT, because with that one gone, you'd lose all that ammo. You can defenitely keep that ballistic ammo in there, as when the right arm goes, that stuff won't be of any use anyway. Head and Legs are fairly save on 'Mechs that are not compatible with jump jets.

Then I'd suggest my original suggestion and upgrade the engine if I were you. Less cost intensive and doesn't need the DHS upgrade as it can't use it due to space constaints.

You mean something like this?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...649d2f50f6b9d2a

I dropped some armor, 1 ton of LRM ammo as you suggested but upgraded to DHS, a XL200, SRM6 and LRM10, in this order so that the LRM is facing upwards ;)

#146 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

Actually, take the best of both worlds:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...362e4be447b4faa

Drop Ferro, upgrade to DHS and you can skip the super vulnerable (and expensive) XL engine.

You can even keep your STD 200 this time.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 01 February 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#147 Xilacnog

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSofia

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

I see where you are going, but I'd prefer to keep AMS, besides with or without XL, if this variant runs out of ammo or loses the parts that have ammo, all we can do is run around to distract the enemies.

#148 Nullmancer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

honestly, i think you have too much going on. I'd suggest dropping artemis and get a lrm 10 or 15 maybe in there, drop the srm 6 and do 2x srm 4 instead, cause srm 4's fire faster and dont spread as much, I'd also consider dropping the machine guns entirely. They are not that great these days and you're not able to boat enough of them to make them worthwhile, if they can ever be worthwhile. You could also drop the ams, unless your regularly being swamped with lrms of course.

CN9-AH mebbe?

personally, its a bit slow to me. Id fit a XL in there, but thats my playstyle.

in my own i recently had ac-10 and 3x srm 4's, xl 275 engine blah blah blah. It usually has an ac 20 though. I find I play the AH more reckless then usual, maybe because of the ammo dependancy thing.

Edited by Nullmancer, 01 February 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#149 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

View PostNullmancer, on 01 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

CN9-AH mebbe?

I certainly like that one. I tried keeping the overall configuration intact with my proposals, but this cerainly works too. Two MGs seem pretty weak at first glance, but they still deliver 1.6 DPS DPS for 0 heat and have a buttload of ammunition at 1/2 ton per weapon, so they don't infer much with the other weapons.

#150 Nullmancer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:27 PM

I dunno, pretty anemic, especially when you consider the way they do damage, in a wide, short cone. I mean, they worked great on the Arrow, with 6 of them, before they got nerfed. These days they are just not doing it at all for me, even when boating them on my Arrow :(

but again, my playstyle.

#151 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

First I had a AC20 & 3 SRM2 on chainfire then tried AC20 & SRM6, both used 250XL or higher.

I seen and have a screenshot of one guy who had 3AC2 with over 200 shots & ALRM15 using at least 1 ton ammo, his max speed was 32.4 kph, no joke. :o

#152 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

I am currently running 3 MG/3 SRM6 and a standard 240. I basically use it's speed to weave around the assaults/heavies and poke. It also works well as a clean-up mech. Pick out the weaklings and finish them off haha. But overall it is meh.

If they remove ghost heat from AC2's I may try 3-AC2's, either alone or with a couple LRM5's and sit back as a suppression/support mech.

#153 Nullmancer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

yeah, would be nice to have ghost heat gone from the ac-2's. Perhaps they can reduce its heat per shot as well, but that might be asking a bit much. It would make my near-stock BJ-1 so much more capable.

#154 Xilacnog

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSofia

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostNullmancer, on 01 February 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

yeah, would be nice to have ghost heat gone from the ac-2's. Perhaps they can reduce its heat per shot as well, but that might be asking a bit much. It would make my near-stock BJ-1 so much more capable.

Try chainfire, I use it on AC5 in other mechs and you don't even notice the heat buildup

#155 Nullmancer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:16 AM

honestly, the problem with the BJ-1 near stock loadout before wasn't so much the AC-2's but the medium lasers. The AC-2's just feel to me like they generate so much heat because they can be fired so often. At the time the thinking was that anything to lessen the heat burden would be helpful.

however, since the recent quirk pass that added medium laser efficiencies to the BJ-1 the heat generation issue is much more manageable, I can better project damage and alpha more comfortably these days.

but back to the Cent AH, I like the mech but its the only cent I ever played. one of these days i'm gonna get around to mastering them. I'm curious if anyone has had decent success with a gauss build. I can see advantages to using either SRM's and LRM's as secondary weapons, but I'd most likely use SRM's, LRM's just don't do it for me anymore.

#156 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

I got bored of wasting the AH on LRM joke builds and have since been running a 2 UAC5 build.

I need all the speed I can get to survive so I run it at 98kph with enough ammo for 825 damage.
CN9-AH 825 Max

You could lower the engine all the way down to a XL235, run 8 tons of ammo for a max damage capability of 1200.
CN9-AH 1200 Max

#157 Salinor

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

Here's my build:
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7406c8a3bade19f[/smurfy]
I have the uac5 to poke at long range or for quick dps at short range. The ams with 1/2 ton ammo gives me early game protection while not hurting me too much if there aren't any lrms. The 3 srm6s are for brawling. Just double tap the ac fire srms and torso twist. The xl isn't too much of a problem for me though I suppose it would be a matter of preference.

Edited by Salinor, 14 April 2015 - 03:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users