#2 Daoa Hakoke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

FIRST!

Edit: Sounds pretty good. Glad to hear that LP is finally being implemented and sounds like in a pretty good way.

Many people should be happy about the seasons change and it sounds a lot more like Mercs taking contracts the way you described it.

Edited by Daoa Hakoke, 22 October 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#3 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

Excellent update Paul. The unit contract methodology makes a lot of sense. I look forward to the rewards system and hope that some of it includes permanent ribbons and awards like modern military units that are displayed on a pilot's information page for all to see (maybe even displayed in the users sig). Things like campaign ribbons, service ribbons, special awards for heroic acts.

#4 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

If a Unit selects a contract with a faction, do all members automatically duplicate that contract? IE, if the unit selects permanent, would all members automatically have a permanent contract?

or is it that the members just join that faction for as long as they remain in the unit and as soon as they leave the unit, they will be offered the contracts?

If it is the second scenario - would a player be able to jump from one faction unit to another?

#5 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:05 PM

So the Clans are hiring mercenaries now?

Posted Image

#6 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

Awesome update!

I think the only thing I'm really curious about at this point is: After Phase 2 is out, will future CW content be released iteratively (i.e. smaller additions that occur more often - say, monthly), or more like expansion packs (i.e. larger bundles of content dropped every 3-6 months)?

#7 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

This is a much better way of doing it than forcing people/units to choose a faction and being unable to change.

#8 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:28 PM

I get that people are saying they want to be able to use all their mechs and they can't wait till the restart to switch. However, does anyone want to bet AGAINST the possibility that the there will be a fair number of units switching in month 2 and 3 as the winning side becomes clearer?

How are contracts structured? i.e. is there any point in staying loyal if the faction you chose loses every significant engagement in the first month? I haven't seen any mention about whether CW combat provides C-Bill / XP rewards or should I just assume that it will be similar to the Public queue rewards?

"Special case: If a Lone Wolf player (or any player for that matter) switches Factions after completing a contract, they will lose LP for the Faction they just left. Depending on which Faction the player switches to, this LP loss for a Faction would continue depending on the Factions involved."

If a player loses the LP of the Faction they just left when switching, how does the player continue to lose LP for that Faction since all of the Faction's LP would already have been lost after the switch?

Edited by p4r4g0n, 22 October 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#9 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:43 PM

I'm liking what I see here as a member of a merc unit. Being able to work for whoever I wanted to during community warfare is exactly what I wanted and now that I am not forced to permanently pick a faction I am extremely pleased.

#10 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:00 PM

Big Issue!

I want to buy Clan Mech Packs and Inner Sphere Mech Packs! I want to use all my Mechs in Community Warfare(I'm actually looking at upgrading 2 x Mech packs so I have enough solid Mechs for drop decks! spend spend spend)...

Oh wait... why can I not create a Clan persona and an Inner Sphere persona? I used to do that all the time in other games so I could experience playing as good and evil... ah well... now I have to decide which Mechs not to buy... not to buy... not to buy...(fade out in regretful flashback way).

QUESTION: Could we not choose both a Clan and an IS faction with the limitation that they do not fight in the same theater of operations? Avoids conflict of interest... allows me to buy your stuff

#11 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:11 PM

Paul, thanks for the continued stream of information ... I really appreciate it.

Faction Selection ... I like this ... thanks for the explanation.

Loyalty Points ... I would like more info on:
- Phoenix Package: Loyalty Point Booster
... I'm guessing these are the "Kurita Bronze" medallions hanging in some of my favorite 'mechs ... so do we get a lump sum of LP for each medallion, or bonus based on games played with it equipped, or what?
- The longer the contract, the greater the reward
... I'm going to assume that there will be an additional incentive for a permanent contract (it would suck for the true loyalist units to gain rewards slower than someone who just renewed their contract every four months).
- rewards ... titles, skins, skins and other novelites. ... cute, but not very interesting
... How about:
- - access to more dangerous (but more lucrative) contracts?
- - better CB pricing for favored 'mechs and equipment?
- - CB and XP rewards for stuff in a match?
- - LP / Faction-specific achievements?
- - access to experimental/exclusive technology?

And, finally, will Loyalty Points degrade over time?
- For example, let's say I play 12 hours a day, every day for a month, kill lots of stuff for Kurita, and get over 9000 LP. Then I take a break for a month.
- Do I still have the same LP total, even though I haven't demonstrated my continued devotion to the Coordinator's grand vision? In my view, they probably should slowly trickle away.
- Using the above example of a max sustainable gain rate of 300 per day, with a somewhat reasonable gain rate of 50-100 per day, maybe you lose them at a rate of 25 per day, beginning one week after your last LP gain.
- Perhaps to mitigate the pain caused by LP lost during a break (which the player may have no control over), the recovery rate to re-earn them could be faster.

My actual questions are underlined ... everything else is just me babbling or trying to explain stuff I don't understand yet. ... Again, THANKS!

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 22 October 2014 - 09:14 PM.

#12 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:12 PM

Not a fan of the idea of people being able to switch allegiance from Clan to IS. I would think the Clans would not allow them to come back after that. Not without some crazy convoluted ritual.

Clan versus IS is the only definitive division currently. At least early on they shouldn't be switching to IS.

#13 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

so it's official. CW will miss it's deadline of October from last December's State Of The Inner Sphere command chair post.

not the end of the world, but disappointing. On the other hand I'm taking some time off work for Christmas, so CW should make me a nice Christmas present.

#14 Tumbling Dice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostTezcatli, on 22 October 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

Are you a Mechsican? Or a Mechsican't?

I am a Warrior and Mechcanikill!

Edited by Wolfiac, 22 October 2014 - 09:37 PM.

#15 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:50 PM

Questions as follows:

1a) When you say that the [140-240] tonnage bracket will "help balance the Clans out a bit" do you mean that this bracket will help the Clans or IS? (Having seen some hot Atlas hands who were also capable of cranking out 700+ damage matches in a locust...)

1b) How much more "balancing" do you believe the Clans require? (Not trying to be sarcastic, but I am interested in an answer).

2) Regarding Loyalty Points, have you made any provision to insert loyalty medallions for Clan players who bought the Phoenix Packages or are these boosters going to be restricted to Inner Sphere Factions?

#16 jrfellow

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

I would love to see all game modes in the CW. It would enhance the experience.

Dropship mode is fine.
Conquest for battles about resources on a planet
Assault for fighting over established bases on a planet
Skirmish random fights on a planet

Including all game modes in CW would bring more diversity and allow more map rotation.

#17 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

View PostJackkyChan, on 22 October 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

PGI stupid company now make no C-bills no Xp even get good kills assists still bad C-bill &xp why you not leave rewards alone just add more xp &C-bills now you screw up game worse you just make game more bad.

What do you call good?

#18 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:16 PM

View PostSam Slade, on 22 October 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

QUESTION: Could we not choose both a Clan and an IS faction with the limitation that they do not fight in the same theater of operations? Avoids conflict of interest...

I think this a fair question, as I have both Inner Sphere and Clan mechs.

An option I would like, but will not demand.

#19 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:31 PM

Will there ever be a PVP game mode that will be designed with the goal that you are more likely to win in a different manner, like capping for example.

Sorry about the confusion over my last response. Game modes that do not rely on total enemy annihilation is stuff that is being investigated right now. The chances of them being included with CW Phase 2 is not likely but it is something we are looking at in terms of design as a must have feature soon after.

Thank you. And looking forward to it.

#20 Finster

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

Good to know that Phoenix buyers are getting screwed over on the LP "bonus". YAY A ONE TIME LUMP SUM! *fart*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users