Feedback

16 replies to this topic

#1 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

Why was it changed to the Home Tab? Now I have to click the Mechlab after every single match, something which I never had to do before. Please revert it BACK as soon as possible.

#2 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

Seconded, or perhaps this could be an option in the options menu? I like mixing my mechs up a bit so defaulting to home = more clicking. And as Yahtzee once said; "Less clicks, the better" :)

#3 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:28 AM

I really don't care, nor do I see any urgency in the need.

#4 Valten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:34 AM

It was a foolish change to make and they need to set it back.

#5 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostValten, on 23 October 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

It was a foolish change to make and they need to set it back.

I wonder whose brilliant idea that was. Did any player actually ask for the change?

#6 ollo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 23 October 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

I wonder whose brilliant idea that was. Did any player actually ask for the change?

The problem is that the whole Home-thing was a bad idea. Not the tab itself, there is useful info, but the choose mech thingy is utter crap, i'd guess almost everyone prefers the mechlab where you have all valuable info at a glance instead of having to open these inner pop-tabs for each mech.

#7 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 23 October 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

Why was it changed to the Home Tab? Now I have to click the Mechlab after every single match, something which I never had to do before. Please revert it BACK as soon as possible.

Please... this was an uncalled for change, complicating things needlessly.

#8 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:39 PM

I'd like do add my voice to ask for the old style return-straight-to-mechlab after a match. That's where most players spend 90% of their time when not in a match. The home section is nigh useless anyway (the testing grounds & tutorial could be added to the Play Now area, the inventory should be accessible straight from the mechlab and the achievements should be part of the skills tab, where we should also have the stats readily available, but that's another matter; oh and 'redeem code could be placed next to the purchase MCs button).

#9 Leigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSierra, Free Worlds League

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

Firstly: http://xkcd.com/1172/ ;)

Secondly, if I recall correctly this is sort of a tranisiton step to a new flow (which should be faster) in which one can modify a mech via the "configure" button and choose between mechs with "Select Mech." This would be fine were it not for the fact that you can only change consumables and not other modules from that tab.

I guess this is kind of one of those "two-steps-forward, one-step-back" kind of changes. Hope that "Select Mech" gets changed to allow for changing modules. If that is changed, we'll no longer have to spend so much time finding and equipping modules.

#10 Lt Badger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

i agree with Triordinant

using "select mech" from home is good for searching modules in all mechs only

in mechlab you need one, or two clicks to select a mech and go to configuration screen, via home/select mech you need at least four clicks (two to select, one to save and one to click on "configure" button) i don´t know how that should be faster...

finding modules?
in mechlab you simply select mech and set "mech details" to "equipment", three clicks to look where your modules are (select mech, mech details, back) and you´re within two clicks in "modules" screen (configure, modules)
in home/select mech you need two clicks (open mech, select variant) and you need three clicks to go to module screen (save, configure, modules)

i don´t understand why we need "select mech" option in home... simply resizing the mech icons in mechlab and adding little module icons there would help a much, additionally a little info about equipped reactor and you can see almost all what you need on one screen without clicking for- and backward, to get more details you can put your mouse cursor above the mech, or simply click on "mech details"

#11 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:01 PM

It's not really a big deal but I do want it to remain on the last thing I selected which is generally the mechlab.

#12 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:59 AM

Hopefully, it'll be fixed by the Nov. 4 patch.

#13 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:17 AM

Just to provide a counter point...

I never liked it to be dropped into my mechlab front screen. I'm not switching mechs between every match, I'm usually stayng with the one I currently pilot. Not to mention that my mechlab is filled with nearly a 100 mechs, which all show up and fill up one and a half of my three screens.

It looked horribly cluttered and confusing.

Now I have a clear screen and a free choice of where I want to go. I can access everything from the home screen, which isn't possible from the mechlab. If I want to go to the mechlab, I'm prepared for it and my hand moves nearly automatically to the filters I need.

For me, it's much more comfortable that way!

#14 Zesaric

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

Your (absolutely valid) point is one more evidence that the best solution would be to take the player back after a match to where s/he left - be it MechLab, HomeScreen, etc.

BTW, it has to be pointed out that the only useful aspect of the Select Mech screen is that it displays the consumables. However, this could be easily implemented into a consolidated Select/MechLab screen - which would turn the Select Mech screen from 1% to 0% usefulness.

#15 W00DSTER

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

please

#16 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

While it's not a huge deal, i definitely agree that this was likely a waste of some Dev's time to change, as more people will likely prefer it the old way, and it will likely be patched back anyway...

Egomane and a few others may prefer it, but that seems to be far from the norm in my own personal experience talking to other players.

Just my 2 cents.

#17 Uncleclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

This change is utterly annoying, is it not possible to return to exactly the screen you started from before joining a game? This would as well serve Egomanes needs as it would serve the needs of those that like to be back right in their mechlabs, or maybe even the XP-tab.

Does my idea not sound like a good idea? If you think so and are hiring new devs, feel free to contact me anytime ;)

Edited by HAS UncleClint, 02 November 2014 - 11:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users