#1 Charlie Brumfield

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is seriously one of the best updates yet. it sooo damn fun to play the scout spotter role.

this were two matches in my venerable raven 3L. equipped with

1 ERLAS for defense and sniping.
1 Tag to bring the lrm rain
1 Narc w/ 2 ton ammo
ECM

280XL

tag narc watch the lrms rain on the poor little head.

#2 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

..... i gotta get back in my 3L.

#3 Adamasartus

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSpace Australia (Go, Space Broncos!)

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

Since they upped the rewards this latest hotfix the game has taken a massive turn for the best. Teamwork galore, decent Clan/IS balance, shiny new toys, what's not to love?

My only small gripe is that my Atlas can't earn the Brawler rewards. I always felt like the Atlas was the brawler.

#4 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:11 PM

Nice to see that you have a good time and great profit from the new reward system. After the hotfix, I am still down to an average of 80-100k for a win and 30k-40k for a loss.

Teamwork improved? I also did not observe that. Matches have been bad stomps most of the time, like 80-90%, with teams scattering badly, having no good plan (or not following commands, the typical mistakes). I would say, my Elo dropped maybe and I entered the Starter bracket again, but then I had several pug matches with Odwalla or TFun90 showing up and I seriously doubt that they are low elo ;-) And yes, these matches were also bad stomps even with Odwalla carrying hard on our team 8)

Yeah, assaults are not getting brawler rewards, I really don't get that. :-(

Edited by Shadow Magnet, 23 October 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#5 Cochise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

Yeah I've been raking it in with the Ravens fo sho. It still amazes me though how dweebs still don't get how to lock targets to get bonuses though. Maybe we need training videos? I dunno. Some people would still complain even if they were getting hung by a brand new rope. :lol:

#6 Charlie Brumfield

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:44 AM

wait assaults aren't getting brawler awards? why is that? i'm assuming it's bugged and not an oversight on pgi's part. atlases are the brawlers

@Kaspirikay - yeah this latest update has really helped the raven 3l be what it should have always been. another fun build is swapping the ERLASS from above for a MLAS and a LRM5 pack.

@Cochise - yeah i never understood why about 50% of folks in this game refuse to use the R key.

#7 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:46 AM

PGI specifically coded the 'brawling' bonus to apply only to mediums and heavies. I'm assuming it's to encourage fewer people to take assaults.

#8 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:52 AM

View PostShadow Magnet, on 23 October 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

Nice to see that you have a good time and great profit from the new reward system. After the hotfix, I am still down to an average of 80-100k for a win and 30k-40k for a loss.

Teamwork improved? I also did not observe that. Matches have been bad stomps most of the time, like 80-90%, with teams scattering badly, having no good plan (or not following commands, the typical mistakes). I would say, my Elo dropped maybe and I entered the Starter bracket again, but then I had several pug matches with Odwalla or TFun90 showing up and I seriously doubt that they are low elo ;-) And yes, these matches were also bad stomps even with Odwalla carrying hard on our team 8)

Yeah, assaults are not getting brawler rewards, I really don't get that. :-(

Guess you and I play in different elo brackets, since the change my PUGlife games have been close usually 1or 2 kills difference in skermish and assualt, and conquest by 1 or 2 points... It's been amazing, and seeing team work in PUGlife games is strange!

As for the c-bills my lights rack up more, and my havies/assaults make about the same give or take 20k, different play styles maybe?

#9 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:09 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 24 October 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

PGI specifically coded the 'brawling' bonus to apply only to mediums and heavies. I'm assuming it's to encourage fewer people to take assaults.

they should give out stages of brawles.

let assaults get brawl score, but heavies have a 1.2 multiplier and mediums a 1.5 multiplier to the brawls. same for tagging, bigger emchs should get lower rewards for doing so, its easier for them to spra that 1t for a tag than a light has.

Some rules still need readjustements because they seem to trigger at absurd points.

#10 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 24 October 2014 - 04:52 AM, said:

Guess you and I play in different elo brackets, since the change my PUGlife games have been close usually 1or 2 kills difference in skermish and assualt, and conquest by 1 or 2 points... It's been amazing, and seeing team work in PUGlife games is strange!

As for the c-bills my lights rack up more, and my havies/assaults make about the same give or take 20k, different play styles maybe?

Well, I would say that my playstyle is cooperative and team oriented - so I have really no idea why my CBills and XP earnings did drop so badly.

Especially after playing some matches yesterday evening in the team queue, what I saw was not team play (except always by the red team ;-) ) but people interpreting the new "role warfare" as "absuse the new system to farm as much CBills and XP as possible". Not so much of an improvement, alas.

#11 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:52 AM

View PostShadow Magnet, on 24 October 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

Well, I would say that my playstyle is cooperative and team oriented - so I have really no idea why my CBills and XP earnings did drop so badly.

Especially after playing some matches yesterday evening in the team queue, what I saw was not team play (except always by the red team ;-) ) but people interpreting the new "role warfare" as "absuse the new system to farm as much CBills and XP as possible". Not so much of an improvement, alas.

Tuesday, I earned hand over fist, last night... Not so much, I liked the rewards better Tuesday, However I died prior to rocking the house like I did Tuesday also.

#12 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:00 AM

I mean, I really like and support the idea behind Rewards 2.0, but it shouldn't punish some players.

It will be hard to balance I fear, especially it only took the people 2-3 days to exploit the system already.

#13 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:23 AM

Brawler rewards should expand to Assaults. Last thing we need is more Assaults trying to snipe and LRM instead of brawl on the frontline.

#14 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 24 October 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Brawler rewards should expand to Assaults. Last thing we need is more Assaults trying to snipe and LRM instead of brawl on the frontline.

Truth. It won't discourage people from taking assaults. It'll just discourage them from getting close and dirty with them.

Every time I see a D-DC LRM-boat I'm pretty sure someone in the world is murdering a kitten.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 24 October 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:29 AM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 24 October 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

I won't refuse the coin but the fun is wracking up the kills and assists for me, I only need money for more Modules. I have my Mechs now...
Well resistance pack???

View PostGhost Badger, on 24 October 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

Truth. It won't discourage people from taking assaults. It'll just discourage them from getting close and dirty with them.

Every time I see a D-DC LRM-boat I'm pretty sure someone in the world is murdering a kitten.

I am not worried with the Kitten population Ghost!

#16 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 October 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

I am not worried with the Kitten population Ghost!

I love you dearly Jo, but I want your D-DC protecting the brawl from missiles!

Wanna go tradesies? You go punch people up close, and I'll missile from in back ;)

#17 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostShadow Magnet, on 24 October 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

Then we play in a very similar fashion, on my tool box kit fox, triple AMS/ECM/TAG, I did 0 damage, yet stayed with my lance or with the Dire Wolves and raked up over 250k on average... So no idea for you then....

#18 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:45 AM

I had a blast hopping in my "useless" 5V and just jumping around capping/spotting/being all-around annoying today. I was handsomely rewarded too. Regardless of the negativity, this is a step forward for MWO.

Edited by Tahribator, 24 October 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostCharlie Brumfield, on 23 October 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is seriously one of the best updates yet. it sooo damn fun to play the scout spotter role.

this were two matches in my venerable raven 3L. equipped with

1 ERLAS for defense and sniping.
1 Tag to bring the lrm rain
1 Narc w/ 2 ton ammo
ECM

280XL

tag narc watch the lrms rain on the poor little head.

Reminds me of the days when it paid to be a scout during repair and rearm. Highest I ever earned was 3 million before a 32,000 cbill repair and rearm job. It, too, was for spotting/tagging and LRM'ing enemies.

Then again it was easily possible to get up to 800,000 in an assault mech.... though at times a 500,000 cbill repair bill could put a damper in it, and if you didn't do so well, well those could be some sad times. Just put the assault away, grab a light or medium and make up the difference.

Kept lots of lights and mediums on the field, but holy crap when you saw an Atlas on the field, everyone panicked!
And if you saw two... everyone died.
One thing to remember was back then, there was no ELO. There was no weight class matching. You never, NEVER knew what you were about to face... and so when you saw those glowing eyes, it was a true "Oh ****" moment. When you saw a pair, and your side has mostly mediums and lights with some heavies, you were screwed unless everyone pulled together.

Still the most fun the game ever, ever was in almost 3 years. I miss those days.

Edited by Koniving, 24 October 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#20 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:08 AM

View PostCharlie Brumfield, on 23 October 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

this is seriously one of the best updates yet.

I heard that! :D

Edited by Nightmare1, 24 October 2014 - 07:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users