C-Bill Earnings Need To Be Increased

724 replies to this topic

#1 Sable Phoenix

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

So back in the day, when you won a match, you could often see the reward screen displaying between 150,000 and 200,000 C-bills. If you had a really good match you could hit 250,000. With a Hero mech bonus and first victory of the day bonus combined you could conceivably (but rarely) get up to 300,000.

This was fine. It gave a noticeable rate of progression and allowed player to purchase mechs and equipment at a decent rate.

Then C-bill earnings were nerfed. Hard. You would generally see about 100,000 C-bills per win. Really really good matches with bonuses could break 200,000, but this was rare. Overall, the average reduction in C-bills earned per match was about 40%. We were promised that a variety of new bonuses and categories would be introduced to support role warfare, and that these would balance out the reduction with additional ways to earn C-bills each match. Other than TAG/NARC bonus, these categories didn't materialize. The ability of players to acquire new mechs or equipment or customize the ones they had was slowed down significantly. Not a big deal for people who'd already accumulated tens or hundreds of million of C-bills, but for those who hadn't, especially for brand new players, customizing mechs became a painfully slow process.

Well, they never gave a time limit on the promise of additional ways to earn C-bills, so technically it has now been fulfilled. Sort of. With Community Warfare on the horizon, we finally have more categories to earn C-bills with -- protecting friendlies, staying in formation, etc., etc.-- but unfortunately, rather than adding to the total amount of C-bills we can earn per match, the existing C-bill amount has just been split up among a bunch of new categories. The result? Average earnings per match have dropped. Again. Now a win will frequently net less than 100,000 C-bills. Really good games don't even get you to 200,000 most of the time. I'd estimate the average earnings have dropped about 20% from where they were before the new CW-based categories were patched in.

This is unacceptable. Post C-bill nerf, you could expect it to take you about 10 games, wins and losses, to earn 1 million C-bills. If you're shooting for an expensive chassis, let's say 8 million C-bills, that's 80 games to earn 1 mech. That doesn't even count customizing it, which increases the cost by 50 to 100% (Endo, Dual HS, possibly an XL engine upgrade, maxing armor, any additional ammo, etc), and keep in mind this customizing is required to make the chassis competetive. This makes it almost 160 games just to earn one expensive playable mech.

And now, with all the new ways to earn C-bills, ways that were supposed to make thing better, it's even worse. C-bill earnings should probably be doubled across the board. Earning C-bills is just painfully slow now, and will only serve as a turnoff to people new to the game.

Disclaimer: none of these numbers have been datamined, they're based on empirical first-hand observation and estimations.

Edited by Sable Phoenix, 25 October 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#2 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

I break 200K on a win most of the time.
250K on fantastic matches.
I get 100K when I lose and my team does bad
130K on most matches.

I don't know why you are getting so low numbers even after the buff.

#3 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostBrody319, on 25 October 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

I break 200K on a win most of the time.
250K on fantastic matches.
I get 100K when I lose and my team does bad
130K on most matches.

I don't know why you are getting so low numbers even after the buff.

He doesn't use LRMs :P?

#4 Sable Phoenix

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

Good guess, Ragnar. I don't use LRMs very often, and I'm not a spotter. I mostly brawl.

Edited by Sable Phoenix, 25 October 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#5 NovaWasp

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

Remember that C-Bills are laser printed with TAG.

#6 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

Can't wait to hear more people oh well I earn 200k+ in all my games congrats you've learned to game the system or your very lucky. Here's a game I just played yesterday with my Stormcrow didn't even come close to 200k.Posted Image

Edited by SpeedingBus, 25 October 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#7 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

Its basically just that. Game the system.
TAG, lurm, laserpainting for example. Double gauss (plus TAG of course) isnt bad either.

#8 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

I don't use LRMs. I used a 7 medium pulse laser Timberwolf and a timberwolf with twin UAC 5s and 3 mediums lasers.
You just need to get most kills, brawler, and kills.
On the old system even if I did great like 6 kills and 6 assists with 900 damage in a Hero mech I would rarely break 200K so my overall c-bills has just gone up.

#9 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostSpeedingBus, on 25 October 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Can't wait to hear more people oh well I earn 200k+ in all my games congrats you've learned to game the system or your very lucky. Here's a game I just played yesterday with my Stormcrow didn't even come close to 200k.Posted Image

Posted Image

DoomCrow, no Prem or bonus; LB20x 4SRM4s.

What are you doing wrong?

#10 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

New earning model encourages Deathball.

Deathball or no pay.

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 25 October 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

LRMs get you squat unless you get your own LoS medium/short range locks. Indirect LRMing nets you little.

#12 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 October 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Seriously bro? this isn't a epeen waving contest I shouldn't have to carry the team to break to 200k in a stormcrow.

#13 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostSpeedingBus, on 25 October 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Seriously bro? this isn't a epeen waving contest I shouldn't have to carry the team to break to 200k in a stormcrow.

You got more kills then me, yet netted less Cbills.

Did you not stick with the team and soak up all those bonuses? That's the real issue.

#14 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:34 PM

I've noticed a slight drop on earnings especially on losses and assists but man up and carry on.It's the only thing for it.
Lurms and tag are not my thing tbh.

#15 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostCharronn, on 25 October 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

I've noticed a slight drop on earnings especially on losses and assists but man up and carry on.It's the only thing for it.
Lurms and tag are not my thing tbh.

Biggest hit for me has been XP...that's totally in the toilet.

#16 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 October 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

You got more kills then me, yet netted less Cbills.

Did you not stick with the team and soak up all those bonuses? That's the real issue.

The real issue is PGI awarding deathballing to such an extent its stupid we never had an issue where people always splitting up in small groups cause guess what the game punishes you already for that with a quick unrewarding death. Also this just reinforces PGI way of playing doesn't matter how good or bad you are if you don't play PGI way you get hammered in wallet for not doing it.

Edited by SpeedingBus, 25 October 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#17 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

I really do not see the point in some of the players coming on here and defending such a low pay out system. You all seem to spit out the very same thing in defense of many players trying to constructively relay to PGI, BRING UP c-bills and XP/GXP by a min. 30%-50% for ALL players ASAP. This will fix many of the problems with players exploiting the old and new system, and will motivate players to play "role warfare" and team style play much better than a drought and painful grind for XP/GXP, C-bills.

The only reason's you can have to hang on to your argument not in favor is to keep a advantage that you have grinded out for, just like us new and old players alike are doing, and have done. The only reason as it would seem for PGI to keep this very painful system in place is to motivate us into spending money on PT, and buying hero mech's. Not trying to bash PGI, I am just saying as the current resale value we get being 1/3 of what we pay for mechs to begin with if we sell them back, and the fact you don't get a dime of the C-bills back spent on endero, DHS, anything, It really starts to look like things are stacked to this effect and this mindset really starts to look suspect.

I have bought Hero mechs, under the old and new system I refuse to spend any MC I buy on PT. It's a complete waste of real money when a company keeps this painful grind in effect. I am hoping that this was more IGP's doing and vision than PGI's. This old vision, and current vision is not going to get people willing to buy the PT.... It is going to keep new players out of this game, and ones that do stay, most will not want to blow money on this game. It is counter productive to the goal of getting many players cash, new and Veteran.

I have even thought of a Idea for the contest to enter.... It will be a Perody song based on the Mama's and Papa's song

California Dreamin' but name it C-bill dreamin' on Halloween day changing the words to point out the very real problems with the lack of C-bill and XP/GXP earned in this game. :lol:

This really needs to be corrected by PGI, and all the guys that think its not fair to allow new players and us that have been here for a year now to advance at a still long, but a reasonable amount of time in this grind for new mechs and modules, equipment. You have nothing to loose but your pride, and some of the advantage you now have on new pilots. But fear not ones that keep spamming these post with all the good earnings you are getting... It will still take us, most of us 4-6 months to even catch up to the level you are at now with Inventory and modules. :blink: :P ;) :( :lol:

Edited by Mr Beefy, 25 October 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#18 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 25 October 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

Yeah, from the sounds of it, if you dont MetaTAG you make squat lol.

I really do miss Beta days....200dmg netted 200K lol...its how I got 9million in like 30 matches....in my subsequent 60 since then, I dont think ive even made 6million....

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 25 October 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#19 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:58 PM

The realy pain is the 3,500 from 6000 for assists and the payout for damage done is lower.

Taking kills rewards more than assists now but it was reverse of that before and that was a better system for mindset that encouraged getting assists over kills and now we have kill stealing.

#20 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

Came in here to warn the OP that his thread would be full of "I still make good money, you must just be bad" posts; unfortunately I seem to be too late.

PGI seems to be systematically lowering payouts every time they adjust income. Guys I play with tell me stories of closed beta games when they were making $500k+ every match (granted, this was when 'repair & re-arm' was a thing but nobody actually paid for it, they just over-ammo'd and dropped with the free 75% armor/ammo they were given). Even being a newish player I made noticably more c-bills in the old system and have had a sharp drop since 'rewards 2.0'.

Income needs to be raised 50% at a minimum, and the 'floor' for earnings needs to be raised even higher - making 25-30k for a single match should never happen, even for a bad loss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users