November Road Map

1 reply to this topic

#1 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:57 AM

Here is to the best of my current knowledge the November road map of features and changes. I will continue to modify this list as things change.

---

Inner Sphere 'Mech Quirks - not much more I can say at this point that you don't already know. This is in final test now and looks set to release as scheduled on Nov 4th. I will re-iterate that this was just the initial full pass on IS quirks. I am sure player feedback and data once live will cause us to make adjustments. I also know we will be going through and doing deeper passes on movement quirks and others.

*Negative quirks on the Timber Wolf S Omnipod's have been reduced now that the fixed slot Jump Jets have been implemented.

Released

---

Rewards 2.0 Bug fixes - There are several items needing fixing including the ability to farm your own TAG laser with your non Missile type weapons. There were also problems with Flanking and a few other items. Look for a number of bug fixes in the next patch.

Released

---

Balance Changes - With the new quirk system about to hit, we made a concerted effort to address a number of balance issues:

- LRM damage reduced from 1.1 to 1.0 - legacy item from ages ago that was past due to revert to lore values.

- Inner Sphere AMS ammo per ton has been increased from 1K to 2K to match the clans. This should encourage more AMS usage among IS players.

- Significant changes have been made to all of the IS and Clan lasers, most notably the range on Small lasers and significant changes to all Pulse Lasers.

- PPC and ERPPC have each had their velocity increased by 100. This means they move to 950 and 1050 respectively.

- BAP – We have increased the counter ECM aspect of BAP from 150m to 360m to give more value to the 1.5 ton item and provide more effective counters to ECM.

Posted Image

Released

---

First Wave 2 'Mech the Fenris – MC and Cbill release schedule is listed on the Wave 2 FAQ.

Released

---

Thunderbolt Champion - Thunderbolt 9SE Champion – comes with a 30% XP boost like all champion mechs.

Released

---

New Hero 'Mech's – Our next Hero mechs release will be a pair of mechs representing a famous husband and wife in two iconic old school mechs.

Release Date: Nov 18th Patch.

---

New map Working Title Swamp – Beautiful new map as promised, I think you’re going to enjoy the vibrant colors, very different from any other map to date and adds another art palette to our available list.

---

Second Wave 2 'Mech the Mist Lynx – MC and Cbill release schedule is listed on the Wave 2 FAQ.

Feedback can go in the November Roadmap - Feedback thread: http://mwomercs.com/...admap-feedback/

#2 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:39 AM

Thought process on laser changes.

With the quirks coming out I wanted to take a look at Smaller lasers and Pulse lasers since there were quirks specifically dealing with them. The Small lasers just weren't following the same rationale when it came to a relationship between the other lasers as to range, this resulted in an increased range.

As to Pulse lasers I finally took the plunge in admitting that the extra tonnage was not going to be justifiable to players unless the damage was higher yet the heat was the same. The extra tons were more than penalty enough.

I think this will see far more pulse lasers in use and quirk builds like the Boar's Head should feel good about running 6 medium pulse laser builds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users