15 replies to this topic

#1 Artifact

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

Dear PGI:

I've spend many hundreds of dollars on your game. You will not get any more of my time or money. The change to Twolves is stupid, is counter to the idea of omnimechs, and something I simply won't put up with.

Signed, a former customer.

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

Awww...

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

So, let me get this right, ALL YOUR TIMBERWOLVES are TRASH now because they added fixed JJ hardpoints on ONLY THE S TORSO PODS...

If all your Timberwolves are running the S pods, that should probably be a large hint as to why this needed to happen... (And even if yours aren't, many other people's Timberwolves were running with only S side torso pods.)

You'll have to forgive me if I don't feel all that sorry about the change. This is an online game. Things change all the time for game balance. This isn't something only PGI does, as all online video games (especially ones with player verse player capabilities) do. This change helped to differentiate the Timberwolf S from not only the other Timberwolves, but also to help define the role of the Summoner as well.
(Also, as other people have mentioned. TT=/=Online First Person Shooter. Some things will have to change along the way. I love lore and all, but there are things that can't always stick to lore rules for the sake of balance.)

#4 Better Call Saul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:21 PM

Surely unlocking the jump jets on the Nova and Summoner might have been a better option here? Those mechs are still quick poor due to wasted tonnage on jump jets. I'm not phase by the timberwolf locked jets, just want to see the summoner become useful.

#5 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:37 PM

=_= are you just that lazy to replace the legs or torsos?

#6 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

The dumb thing is it only affects the SRM boat Timberwolf and the LRM boat Timberwolf (which weren't problems). It does absolutely nothing to the other builds (IE laser vomit). This nerf was really dumb.

#7 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

Say what you will, but do recall that the Kitfox was also affected. Strangely enough, I'm not hearing much about Kitfox "uselessness" on the forums. I'm only hearing the rage against the Timberwolf S.

PS: Fixed JJs on the S also reduces "laser vomit" by reduced tonnage that could go into heat sinks or even weapons.

#8 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:36 PM

View PostTesunie, on 02 November 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

Say what you will, but do recall that the Kitfox was also affected. Strangely enough, I'm not hearing much about Kitfox "uselessness" on the forums. I'm only hearing the rage against the Timberwolf S.

PS: Fixed JJs on the S also reduces "laser vomit" by reduced tonnage that could go into heat sinks or even weapons.

Yeah, it reduces it by 1 DHS :-)

#9 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

the bitchin and whining thread is this way

#10 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:14 AM

View PostTesunie, on 02 November 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

Wrong. Use the Timberwolf S chassis and Prime everything else. You get one jump jet and you don't need S side torsos to pull off the laser vomit. If you don't want the jump jet just don't use a Timberwolf S and take a C.

Edited by DeathlyEyes, 03 November 2014 - 05:52 AM.

#11 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:04 AM

nerf plane does not give a **** about your complaints.

#12 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:08 AM

The KFX-PRIME is still glorious. You just need to shave off a bit more armor or ammo and it will run as before. Plus, for the Kit Fox you actually have a reason to complain; it has fixed JJ legs and instead you still get fixed JJ for the only torso with hardpoints.

#13 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostBetter Call Saul, on 02 November 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Surely unlocking the jump jets on the Nova and Summoner might have been a better option here? Those mechs are still quick poor due to wasted tonnage on jump jets. I'm not phase by the timberwolf locked jets, just want to see the summoner become useful.

they are also poor for other reasons, not onlly the fixed JJ's.

#14 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

if u think about this from a manufacturing side it makes sesne. if u are going to have ever part of a mech hot swapable, in sense that what omni parts are, the jjs ports would be hard locked in. lets use BT sesne, u start off with a prime in grassy fields. then see mountains are coming up go to the techs say swap out my sides to the s for some jjs. the techs only take hour or so to swap out sides and u get back into the battle.very clan like, then u just have to adapt to new weps and u suck it up u are a warrior. change fits in very BT like

#15 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostArtifact, on 02 November 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

Dear PGI:

I've spend many hundreds of dollars on your game. You will not get any more of my time or money. The change to Twolves is stupid, is counter to the idea of omnimechs, and something I simply won't put up with.

Signed, a former customer.

For the sake of ubiquity in stupid threads like this: Can I have your stuff?

Edited by DEMAX51, 04 November 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#16 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 04 November 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

For the sake of ubiquity in stupid threads like this: Can I have your stuff?

Come on ...at least do it right.

CAN I HAZ UR STUFF?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users