The Lrm, Gauss, Free Stuff Complain Thread.

21 replies to this topic

#1 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:46 AM

Before you go and post a thread about anything you think is unfair, like dying to any weapon in game because you got outplayed, or the "horrendous" burden of free stuff being put in your mech lab. Post here instead.

You are cluttering up the forums with BS that we cannot get rid of, and so it looks unsightly while I try to read the USEFUL stuff. You are all running off the relevant people by spewing acid about how you died to X weapon, or such and such is not fair, or a free mech is hideous next to your disco painted hunchback.

Get over yourselves and post it here because you are no special snowflake. People have complained about something from day one, even the good stuff PGI has done.

That is all, carry on, flame away.

#2 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:48 AM

Posted Image

Does that work?

#3 sldf spector

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:41 AM

Normally I don't complain about complaints, but I gotta on this. I'm seeing sooo many threads like this:
"Clan Gauss is 3x times betters than IS and needs to be nerfed!"

Guess what sweet cheeks? That's lore! The CGauss is BETTER! The CLRMs are BETTER! That's the point! The Clans have better weapons, armor, run cooler, hit harder, and can hit you from further away. Stop complaining about it! They are designed to be that way. Go play Titanfall if you don't like it. Or, and a better idea, ADAPT and become better yourself.

#4 Cpt Mooney

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:14 AM

the promise of the game was to be "competitive", not pay2win as its been for the last weeks.
as long as we dont get asymetric gameplay(i.e. clearly defined assault/defense roles and differing teamsizes of 8vs12), there is NO justification for any mech being "superior" to another one, wich unfortunatly is the case atm.
bajillion claimes were made on how MWO would adapt what made LOL the e-sport sucess it is.
yet the very core element, of even the cheapest champions being absolutely capable of standing their ground, therefore allowing for COMPETITIVE play(wich is what i expected from MWO but got dissapointed to the bone), was totally missed.
...and quite frankly, looking at the past couple months and the p2w garbage going on, i cannot(!) believe this would be "unintentional" anymore.

one might wanna watch this:
(love the "money bomb" idea)
there is FEW things on the "dont list" mentioned in the video, that didnt make it into the game.
there seem to be no understanding whatsoever, on whats needed to be a viable e-sports title(wich was pretty much the initial promise).

just a suggestion: next time ask someone with first hand expirience, instead of some "buerocrat" who most likely never played any "f2p" titles.

regards

Edited by Cpt Mooney, 04 November 2014 - 08:14 AM.

#5 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:36 AM

And the P2W mechs areeeee......?

Oh wait , they're free XD

And heros are just for the CB boost because theres allways another mech that can do a better job than them.

#6 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationNot at a macbook

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:38 AM

I am SO SICK
of the STUPID, OVERPOWERED, UNBALANCED

MEDIUM LASER!
It's only one ton! Five damage for one ton? You can put A HUNDRED LASERS on an atlas! THAT'S a 500 DAMAGE ALPHA!

#pginerfplz

#7 Josef Nader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

I mastered my clan chassis, shrugged, and went back to my old IS favorites. The Clans have some neat toys and nice striking power, but honestly, I'd take my classic IS designs into battle against the clan menace any day. They might not be as good on paper, but the Inner Sphere is more effective at applying its limited firepower.

I've played both extensively, and they strike me as different but equal. Clans have better DPS, but its a lot harder to focus damage. IS has lower DPS, but its damage tends to be applied more effectively. Its a tradeoff.

#8 Cygone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 454 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:18 AM

I honestly don't think their is much between the IS and Clan.

Depending on what you want to do, one is better than the other.

Heavy

TBR - Good damage, good sustain, hard to kill. (Their is a reason this is known as the best Mech')
ON1 - Brilliant brawl and soak Mech'; Really is a baby AS7

SMN - Just plain bad for a 70t Mech'
CTF - Way easier to kill, can have extreme weapons when built right.

Medium:
NVA - High damage burst, horrific build choices, can't really be used on a hot map.
CN9 - Classic XL IS Mech' good weapon load out choices, way better than the Clan counter-part.

SCR - Called a doom crow for a reason, stupidly hard to kill with amazing Hit-Boxes
SHD - It's a good Mech' just don't stand up well vs. the SCR.

Assault:
DWF - Dakka shake helps this.
AS7 - Hardest Mech' to kill, assuming you actually tank with your arms and spread damage. DWF just don't come close.

Lights
JR7 - Out-classes everything in it's weight bracket for an all-round Light.
ADR - Out-classes everything in it's weight bracket for sheer firepower and sustainability.

SDR - Tiny with the added bonus of a lag shield. Can have ok builds for its weight, has an ECM option.
KFX - Hugh, this thing is the size of an Atlas (poetic license), with no health to sustain and low mounted weapons.

They are quite balanced, If you exclude TBR and SCR from the rankings.

The biggest problem will be seen in CW. 240 (I agree with this weight limit btw), Because so so so many Clan CW teams will be using.

TBR + TBR + SCR + ADR - And you just can't match this with 240t of IS Mechs' The closest would be something like

Misery + JR7-F + BNC + Death's Knell

Edited by Cygone, 04 November 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#9 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostCpt Mooney, on 04 November 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

the promise of the game was to be "competitive", not pay2win as its been for the last weeks.
as long as we dont get asymetric gameplay(i.e. clearly defined assault/defense roles and differing teamsizes of 8vs12), there is NO justification for any mech being "superior" to another one, wich unfortunatly is the case atm.
bajillion claimes were made on how MWO would adapt what made LOL the e-sport sucess it is.
yet the very core element, of even the cheapest champions being absolutely capable of standing their ground, therefore allowing for COMPETITIVE play(wich is what i expected from MWO but got dissapointed to the bone), was totally missed.
...and quite frankly, looking at the past couple months and the p2w garbage going on, i cannot(!) believe this would be "unintentional" anymore.

Huh? What P2W garbage? How does it relate to the last couple months?

You need to clarify this because I, at least, don't buy this without justification.

#10 sldf spector

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

P2W?

Please point out that magicial "Win" button on any of the 'Mechs you can purchase. I think I missed that option.

#11 Dillirium

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:58 AM

I'm good with clan mechs having the edge if it's lore we want. We just need to change it so IS can have 24 people vs 12 instead, right?

#12 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

^^that would be 2 stars (10 clan mechs ) vs 3 lances (12 is)

#13 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

View Postsldf spector, on 04 November 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

Normally I don't complain about complaints, but I gotta on this. I'm seeing sooo many threads like this:
"Clan Gauss is 3x times betters than IS and needs to be nerfed!"

Guess what sweet cheeks? That's lore! The CGauss is BETTER! The CLRMs are BETTER! That's the point! The Clans have better weapons, armor, run cooler, hit harder, and can hit you from further away. Stop complaining about it! They are designed to be that way. Go play Titanfall if you don't like it. Or, and a better idea, ADAPT and become better yourself.

I like how when clanners use this "clan mechs are just supposed to be better, deal with it!" argument, they always forget to mention how clan mechs are supposed to fight outnumbered at least 2 to 1.

Are you fighting outnumbered in MWO? No? Then your mechs aren't supposed to be superior here. PGI didn't choose to go that route.

These clan players that think they are supposed to have an advantage are probably going to be the ones doing the most crying when they see the IS quirks in action.

#14 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

IS medium laser is OP'd.

I've lost count as to how many times Embers, Locusts, and Jenners boat these things, fly up behind and core you out while having ZERO chance to defend yourself.

Medium lasers should be forced to fire ONE ONLY at a time. I mean, come on. people fire SIX of these at a time? BOOM your armor is instantly gone. Lights need negative quirks. Period. Bump up the burn time on LIGHT MECHS similar to that of an ER Large Laser. 1.5 burn time would change the INSTADEATH these cheap OP'd lasers do, and then suddenly those UBERlights aren't so uber, are they? Then those cheapass light pilots would have to get some skill and actually stick with the group rather than play ninja assassin all day long!

There, did I do it right? lol

#15 CalderMort

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 15 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

View Postsldf spector, on 04 November 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

P2W?

Please point out that magicial "Win" button on any of the 'Mechs you can purchase. I think I missed that option.

It's a cockpit item you have to purchase with the mech. You press it and all of the enemy mechs instantly self destruct.

#16 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:05 AM

View Postsldf spector, on 04 November 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

This is why I am still very disappointed in PGI's decision to not implement 10v12 and I ranted about it and that thread is still getting likes even though its months old.

Clan tech is supposed to be superior to IS tech in every way. The IS is supposed to be in a dark age when the clans strike. Because of the clan invasion, technological enlightenment returns to the Inner Sphere and things find balance eventually.

However, in game terms, the clans were defined by their combat doctrine and the star/cluster system. Which meant they didn't concentrate fire, had less mechs on the field, and had less tonnage per mech than the IS. None of that exists in this game and its a mistake.

The underhive of the PUG queue is testament to that insanity. Its all DWF/TBR/SCR all day, every day. The team that brings more clan tech usually wins. Its horribly imbalanced.

#17 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:09 AM

This game is not Pay to win. this is far from it and I salute PGI for that. All the hero mechs are just side grades, none of them feels better than the regular ones, they just feel interesting and different. My Jester isn't better than my K2, it just feels different.
My Ilya doesn't feel different than other cataphracts but it isn't better.

Now its true that some heros are just better than others, but none of the heros are inherently better than their regular counter parts. (cept maybe the ember but that is debatable). I do think they could add some stuff that binds the community together. Like a Premium bomb. Use it and everyone in that match gets a premium reward bonus for that match. Have it announce to the whole server who used it.

Now arguably this game does have a "pay wall" because of mechbays, but the price is so low, and they give out so many free, its not that big of a problem.

Ironically the problem with money in this game isn't the real money paid one, its the regular in game one. The lack of rewards inhibits people from filling up their mechbays, buying new equipment and playing specific styles of mechs. The sudden popularity in tag and narc is because of the rewards they give. Give rewards for ECM coverage, damage taken, firing on a mech that your teammates are also shooting, AMS coverage, ect.

#18 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostGyrok, on 04 November 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

Before you go and post a thread about anything you think is unfair, like dying to any weapon in game because you got outplayed, or the "horrendous" burden of free stuff being put in your mech lab. Post here instead.

You are cluttering up the forums with BS that we cannot get rid of, and so it looks unsightly while I try to read the USEFUL stuff. You are all running off the relevant people by spewing acid about how you died to X weapon, or such and such is not fair, or a free mech is hideous next to your disco painted hunchback.

Get over yourselves and post it here because you are no special snowflake. People have complained about something from day one, even the good stuff PGI has done.

That is all, carry on, flame away.

Posted Image

#19 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:41 AM

Have you noticed how many noobs take 100 ton atlas and die doing 40 damage. lets get that level based system added to keep raw rookies away from 12 million dollar weapons of destruction.

I might add that the matchmaker that effects 100% of the community is working smashingly well. Wait I was in fantasy land the matchmaker blows huge chunks of well taco bell red sauce all over the place making Terra Therma almost enjoyable.

I would have to agree that forums board has been going down hill lately with topics that have been discussed over and over. Or topics that are misleading in title then turn into rage articles.
This is a example:

Meta Boogie Woogie Fatigue:
This starts as a rant about Warhammer 40k then goes on into a I am not spending a penny on MechWarrior online do to all the rule changes.

It could have been titled better and the content simplified into simply I'm not going to spend anymore money do you all feel the same way.

Edited by Corbon Zackery, 04 November 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#20 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

I'm sick of DW pilots that run full leg armor, I mean come on 126 HP each? Thats like coring 2 assult mechs, I think as a IS light mech pilot, that 126 is a bit excessive, please reduce the amount of armor to around 30ish then you can fit more weapons and ammo. And everyone knows how much DW pilots love their excessive weaponry.

You dont really want to give away 252 damage to a pesky light anyways do you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users