No replies to this topic

#1 Azure Kit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

I know, other Shadowhawk build guides exist, but rather than spam them with all of the builds below I figured I'd just give them their own little spot on the fourms.

Lets just get this out of the way: the Shadowhawk is my favorite mech currently in the game, . Maneuverability, firepower, and survivability are the three words I'd use to describe the chassis in general. What you will find below are Shadowhawk 2H and 5M builds, as I wasn't a fan of the 2D2 and the other models like the 2K weren't out when I played through the chassis. Keep in mind, not all these builds are meant to be meta, some are just for fun, some are highly effective despite not adhering to the game's current meta. Use them well, or else c;

So lets begin!

====Shadowhawk SHD-2H====
The base model Shadowhawk, the 2H features a wide variety of hardpoints, 3 total missile slots, an AMS slot, an energy slot, and 3 ballistic slots, as well as 3 jump jet slots.

Shadowhawk SHD-2H "Shortbow": A medium-weight missile platform, the Shortbow features an array of missiles, 25 tubes in total, that all fire in a single volley, providing a single, potent, swarm of 25 LRMs. Backed up by a Medium Pulse for self defense, and 3 MGs to exploit any weaknesses your constant bombardment may have opened. 2 Jumpjets let you flee sticky situations, while an AMS provides some defense against counter-battery fire.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=110&l=24cfe4...9230a87d97186faf9afb

Shadowhawk SHD-2H "Lancer": The Lancer is a fast and mobile Gauss platform, carrying 3 tons of gauss reloads, AMS, and a powerful battery for return fire at close range.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=110&l=68813f...a804e117e8fa4e75db3f

Shadowhawk SHD-2H "Bushwacker BSW-1X": This Shadowhawk carries the Bushwacker's Primary Configuration, AC10, dual MGs, ERLL, and 2 LRM5s, making it a good standoff mech, while the AC10 and MGs let you deal damage up close.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=110&l=36f039...fecc72b15f656789d3ba

Shadowhawk SHD-2H "Hot-Shot": A standard AC5/PPC build. Two Autocannons and an ERPPC give you potent reach and damage, while some use a Standard PPC for better heat, I prefer the ER version to conserve ammo when the targets close range. Jump Jets let you get around easier and get shots on target easier.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=110&l=976e53...91719136cfc7b6ed4c28

Shadowhawk SHD-2H "Pop-Gun": The sole weaponry of this variant is a triple dose of AC/2's. With this loadout, shielding with both arms is imperative to protect your guns and ammo. Careful use of chainfire is key to maintaining your heat. If timed right, you can keep the enemies heads down with your suppressive fire.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=110&l=1a6d73...139b81cd51a3371e1559

====Shadowhawk SHD-5M====
An advanced Shadowhawk variant, having a bigger engine, sporting up to 5 JumpJets, dual Energy mounts to the right arm, dual missile mounts, and a pair of ballistic slots.

Shadowhawk SHD-5M "Vegas": Vile's personal variant, a powerful, fast, and maneuverable machine, Vegas is outfitted to punish the enemy as it closes, dealing the knockout with its array of Medium Pulse Lasers and SRMs. While the Ultra AC5 can be troublesome at times, the Medium Pulses and SRMs allow you to deal crushing damage while your 5 JJ's allow you to get clear of a bad situation. My personal Vegas Comes with a hotrod flames paintjob, Black base coat, dark blue flames with light blue flames on top.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=112&l=9fb34f...0fab0d5b8aea194fec58

Shadowhawk SHD-5M "Thumper": A straightforward yet effective mech, the Thumper carries dual ERLLs for long range combat and an AC/10 to finish off wounded opponents.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=112&l=f8cfcb...2ec478699e2b77c6059d

Shadowhawk SHD-5M "Reno": The first build of Vile's Vegas mech, Reno is a lower-tech yet still effective Mid-Range brawler. While Reno can't reach as far as Vegas can, it can fare better up close thanks to its larger-bore AC/10.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=112&l=c4cc8b...015d4f191f300e1954f2

Shadowhawk SHD-5M "Shredder": A new, high-tech build, the Shredder carries two Medium Pulse Lasers in place of the standard mediums, and an LBX-10 in place of the AC10. The pilot must lean more on the Pulses and SRM's to open up the enemy, but when they do, you can blast them with that large-bore shotty on your shoulder.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=112&l=ba52c4...523f2f9799269bc20753

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users