Clan Quirks

104 replies to this topic

#1 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:46 PM

so what is there an ETA for quirks for the clan mechs?

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:48 PM

We probably have to wait and see the fallout of the IS quirks pass first and foremost. Give that at least 1-2 months, plus any possible revisions to the IS system.

#3 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:54 PM

well I can tell you this the summer for me now lives a long an does as much damage as an locust with an UAC5 an 1 ton of ammo

#4 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:59 PM

Here's a quirk: all Clan mechs internal structure get -100 and all cooldowns -300% and all critical slots are filled with confetti

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 04 November 2014 - 10:59 PM.

#5 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:02 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 04 November 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Here's a quirk: all Clan mechs internal structure get -100 and all cooldowns -300% and all critical slots are filled with confetti

I still think people would call for more nerfs to the clams.

#6 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:11 PM

The majority of Clan mechs are already tier 1. Well, the TW, DW and SC certainly are. Maybe tier -1. I don't think there should be any buffs for the Triumvirate of Doom, unless it buffs their non-meta equipment.

Clan lights could absolutely do with some quirks.

The thing is, PGI will have to be exceedingly careful with even moderate quirk buffs for under performing Clan mechs. Clan equipment is so good that it won't take much to tip the scales from under performer to face melter.

#7 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:16 PM

My own opinion of Clam tier breakdown:

T1: Timber, Doomcrow, Dire Whale

T2: Peacedove?

T3: Suckoner (excluding the outlier 5 ASRM6 loadout), No-Va?, Nice Ferret?

T4: Cute Fox? ...Note that since it has both ECM and JJs, it has to be located very far down the list so that it receives any quirks at all (let's face it, Jenners and Firestarters are overall superior right now, so the Fox needs all the lovin' it can get)

T5: Badder

Edited by FupDup, 04 November 2014 - 11:19 PM.

#8 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 04 November 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

I still think people would call for more nerfs to the clams.

Without out a doubt lol.

#9 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:31 PM

A good place to start would be removing the negative quirks from the KFX-S omnipods; the TBR-S got that when its jumpjets were locked to the omnipod, but the KFX-S pods got no such benefit, even though the Kitfox needs help more than the Timber Wolf.

#10 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:37 PM

We need those quirks and fast. Not for Timbys or DWs who will probably be T1 anyway and won't get a thing, but Mechs like Adder, Nova and Summoner really struggle and need a little help to be on par with others.

#11 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

Yeah, here are some clan quirks:
Mechs should have better weapons that do more damage and have less weight. The upgrades take up less space for more benefits, and equipment is lighter and better...oh wait.

#12 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:56 PM

View PostShibas, on 04 November 2014 - 11:49 PM, said:

Yeah, here are some clan quirks:
Mechs should have better weapons that do more damage and have less weight. The upgrades take up less space for more benefits, and equipment is lighter and better...oh wait.

It's a deal- assuming IS mechs are not allowed to customize their engine size, are stuck with standard internals and armor if they come with it, are forced to take maximum jumpjets, and don't get hardpoint inflation.

#13 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

Its a rumour and not confirmed but its been overheard in places not well known, that to balance the IS XL engine going boom on side torso loss, the Clan omni mechs XL engine will get the quirk of going boom on a side torso loss to!

Sweet justice for the Inner Sphere mechs at last.

Just think, that Timber Wolf with the profile of a IS medium, fire power of an IS assault, speed of a IS medium will, after losing a side torso, will not run around at 90 KPH any more laying waste, they will instead go boom just like an IS XL engine.

I can already hear the sighs of relief from Clan pilots everywhere happy in the tought they will finally not be forced to play easy mode any longer.

Edited by Johnny Z, 05 November 2014 - 12:11 AM.

#14 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:08 AM

Clan quirks?

Clanners don't think like that.

You furries are RPing all wrong.

#15 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

I really hope they are careful because the whole point of the IS quirks is to allow them to compete better against the clans, if you go giving clans good quirks, all you've done is decrease time to kill AND allowed clans to retain their advantage.

#16 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

60 to 90 days after CW.

#17 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:45 AM

View PostFupDup, on 04 November 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

My own opinion of Clam tier breakdown:

T1: Timber, Doomcrow, Dire Whale

T2: Peacedove?

T3: Suckoner (excluding the outlier 5 ASRM6 loadout), No-Va?, Nice Ferret?

T4: Cute Fox? ...Note that since it has both ECM and JJs, it has to be located very far down the list so that it receives any quirks at all (let's face it, Jenners and Firestarters are overall superior right now, so the Fox needs all the lovin' it can get)

T5: Badder

I'd second the FloorWalk being a tier2. I'd maybe even lump the Suckoner in there *ducks a chair* too. Lots of people criticize it as an under performer, but it doesn't appear *dodges a shoe* to be as bad a performer as people *dodges the other shoe* think it is; it just under performs compared to the Clan mechs of the red triangle.

I'd say the Dog is a tier 2 also.

At this point, i'd say both lights are tier4...

Posted Image

...maybe tier 3.

Posted Image

#18 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

the clan hate will never end, because of smufys, people look at the loadouts that are possible and orgasm with rage.. they dont realise that ton for ton IS autocannons are better, and slot for slot the missile weapons are much better (though this is mitigated by tonnage, most missile builds are limited by hardpoints). Clans have better lasers on a ton for ton basis, yes - but they are much hotter than IS ones meaning extra heatsinks are needed, negating the tonnage advantage. Leaving the clans with the following advantages:

Longer range energy weapons
XL engine that survives side torso loss (big one)
Half size endo steel (big one, except it only applies to 2 mechs - lights dont care about internal space since they don't have the tonnage to use it anyway, so just the SCR and TBW, and the SCR is wasting the advantage anyway as it doesn't mount the 3 engine heatsinks, so it gains an amazing 1 slot)

And the following DISadvantages
completely wrong hardlocked engines in all cases (TBW, WHK, SCR, NVA, Hellbringer are close enough to sane size, all the others are wrong. the Ice ferret is laughably bad (seriously, unquirked locust levels of bad)
Hardlocked FF/Endo (and JJs and DHS) crits forcing you to hang ammo and weapons on the arms - usually no space in head, CT or legs meaning when you lose that side torso you also lose most of your ammo.. ive rarely got more than a couple shots left after losing a ST, and im careful to split the ammo as best i can so each weapon has some nearby.

They DEFINITELY need quirks, a tier list looks like this (IMO, and making a few assumptions on unreleased mechs)

T1: TBW, DW, SCR (i actually don't get on with the SCR, but i think thats just me not liking the low mounted cockpit)

T2: HBR, MDD

T3: WHK, GAR, SMN, KFX

T4: NVA,

T5: ADR, IFR

Mist Lynx: unknown, very hitbox/scaling dependent, probably T3 or T4

Edit: those are based on if the mechs have JJs/ECM, like the IS tier list.. PGI!: stop double dipping the penalties for JJs and ECM. The mechs would be a lower tier if they did not have them!!!!!

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 05 November 2014 - 01:11 AM.

#19 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:25 AM

think were going to have to put the IFR into T6. I fee sorry for anyone iv seen using them at this point they do better in a spider with no armor then whats going on now

#20 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:32 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 05 November 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

Its a rumour and not confirmed but its been overheard in places not well known, that to balance the IS XL engine going boom on side torso loss, the Clan omni mechs XL engine will get the quirk of going boom on a side torso loss to!

Sweet justice for the Inner Sphere mechs at last.

Just think, that Timber Wolf with the profile of a IS medium, fire power of an IS assault, speed of a IS medium will, after losing a side torso, will not run around at 90 KPH any more laying waste, they will instead go boom just like an IS XL engine.

I can already hear the sighs of relief from Clan pilots everywhere happy in the tought they will finally not be forced to play easy mode any longer.

Alternatively IS mechs can have clan XLs. BUT they have to be completely the wrong size for the mech weight, either much too large or much too small, and you have to sacrifice half the weight savings from taking the XL by not equipping endo steel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users