#1 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

Hi all,

I have played Hunchbacks and Cents since Beta (play´um badly but I have played´um :D )

I have to say I am amassed at the improvement of the good old hunchy since the quirks

My 4P

8 ML , AMS and as many 2x heat sinks that will fit is now vastly improved

I over hear on the 5th alpha so I can alpha 4 time and be safe , I can fire the 6 Ml´s in the hunch 7 times rapid and be safe.

I have also grouped up 4 ML on chain fire which is a ML machine gun for a very slow heat gain so slow as to be almost ignored.

as they say in McDonald´s I am loving it :lol:

My 4SP if any thing is better ! lol

running her with 6xSRMS+artimus and 4 ML´s , AMS and loads of heatsink , my only complaint is I am running out of SRM´s , but that is only a problem now becuase before I never lived long eunf to run out lol.

Any way I would be intrested in hearing your opinons of the new in proved Hunchback ?

any good builds, tips ?, improvements on my ?, I am always willing to learn ....

Regards

#2 FindersWeepers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the CIA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:01 AM

Needs moar partyback

#3 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

Haven't run my 4J yet, but I'm looking forward to tooling around in that thing. Only problem, Stormcrow and Shadowhawk sale followed by free Centurion AH for almost everyone followed by Ice Ferret preorder hitting has clogged up the medium queue. Good thing they buffed my Awesomes so I can entertain myself making clanner get butthurt because they thought my Awesome should have been a free kill for them :P

#4 Holdfast

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNoVa

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:28 AM

I went and picked up a 4j and went with this: HBK-4J. Throw in the lrm 10 cool down module and I can throw out 20 missiles every, what, 1.8 seconds? If I'm tagging, that's some serious continuous pain.

Fresh off the supply transport, without any pilot skills, my record is 12 / 6, and I'm averaging just north of 300 damage a game. And, honestly, I suck at this game. I've got the reflexes of a zombie with a hangover. Still dying more than I'm killing, but I'm making wins happen.

Heck, I might replace the mlas with llas so I can carry more ammo.

#5 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:37 AM

*weep* And now I regret even more not buying the Founder package... why PGI WHY BUFF 4G's AC20 NOT GRID IRON

#6 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hi,

I do not own a Hunchback. I thought a 9M would be a better version of a swayback back in closed beta, it was for sure IMO. The 9M received similar awesome quirks, and I one shot two hunchback from behind within two shots. It was glorious, cool story, quirks rule. ^_^

lol

Mastered the LCT-3M for phoenix package, made me purchase the SPL weapon modules... amazing!

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 05 November 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#7 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

My 4H is a mean machine, so is my 4P. I haven't taken out my 4J yet, we'll see if it can still SRM cornershoot well since I'm not an LRM guy.

But damn, those 4H quirks. With Elite and the AC10 cooldown module, the gun's fire rate drops from 2.5s to 1.6s. Usually I take three or four tons of AC10 ammo, but now I take five, and I get down to single digits on the ammo counter at the end of the match.

#8 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 05 November 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

*weep* And now I regret even more not buying the Founder package... why PGI WHY BUFF 4G's AC20 NOT GRID IRON

Grid Iron... what a waste. Everytime I look at my quartet of HBKs I end up wishing for my 4G to a Founder's so I could of skipped on the GI. At the very least they could have made the Hero more interesting.

#9 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:52 PM

I took out my 4J, which was already one of my favourite mechs, and damn its good! I even dropped off one of the MLs and heatsinks for more ammo, so worth it. It just rains the pain, and thats without even having Artemis on it.

My 4H, I did three MLs and an AC10 (I don't have DHS on it, so I loaded it up with them) and did better than I usually do with AC10 on it. Time will tell if I revert back to Gauss or not, but it performs much better now.

4SP, I didn't notice too much of a change. It was always my least used Hunchback though, I should probably get more matches in it before making a judgment.

I'm right now glowing over the fact that what was generally the least used Hunch (and my favourite) is now peforming fantastically.

Edited by MarsAtlas, 05 November 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#10 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

View PostNapes339, on 05 November 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

Grid Iron... what a waste. Everytime I look at my quartet of HBKs I end up wishing for my 4G to a Founder's so I could of skipped on the GI. At the very least they could have made the Hero more interesting.

well i think a Dual AC-5 Grid iron or a gauss is pretty nitch, and that fits what hero's are.. A change in direction on the ol theme of the others.. the 4-G is all about the AC20, perhaps with a pair of machine guns and some SML's now :) GI just was the late comers wanna be founder mech. Now it is unique again. (PS, i do not own founders, and bumming i didn't get the 30 dollar package too) :wacko:

I wanna take my HBK's out and thrash.. but i decided to grind the Cent's they have been so kind to give me.. Can't wait to try out the 4G and 4SP..

Edited by JC Daxion, 05 November 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#11 Iyica de Tylmarande

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostVoivode, on 05 November 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

Haven't run my 4J yet, but I'm looking forward to tooling around in that thing. Only problem, Stormcrow and Shadowhawk sale followed by free Centurion AH for almost everyone followed by Ice Ferret preorder hitting has clogged up the medium queue. Good thing they buffed my Awesomes so I can entertain myself making clanner get butthurt because they thought my Awesome should have been a free kill for them :P
I don't own an Awesome but every time I see them now they're firing PPCs as if they were machine guns. It's rather funny to watch.

#12 Soulscour

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

Yes. They are good.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:34 PM

I, for one, welcome our new deformed masters!

#14 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:21 AM

Even with the buffs, I still find the 50t too squishy. One wrong move while brawling or repositioning and BAM, arm or ST lost.

but I do want to try my 4sp again.

Edited by mogs01gt, 06 November 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#15 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:47 AM

Even with a STD engine it still has enough speed and a decently low silhouette to give you a higher chance of getting out of dodge when you find yourself with your pants down, something that many heavies and most assaults never can hope for.

It's better to lose an arm, get away and fight again later than to pump out a few alphas and die.

#16 Haydin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 06 November 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

Even with the buffs, I still find the 50t too squishy. One wrong move while brawling or repositioning and BAM, arm or ST lost.

but I do want to try my 4sp again.

Your other parts can soak damage. Your big guns are in the hunch, and that has +30 total HP, for a total of over 100 combined armor + structure. That is ridiculously durable.

Edited by Haydin, 06 November 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#17 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

I am forever baffled and disappointed that my 4J has less hitpoints on its hunch than the pretender-hunch SP has on either of its side torsos. The ER LL quirk is also disappointing.

Otherwise I find it hilarious to see how much the already decent 4G got buffed.

#18 Phobic Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

If you have the guts to run it, the The Murderback is your new ride for that HBK-4P. As long as I play the mech like it's supposed to be played, I post 600-700 damage games and 4-5 kills with regularity.

Whoops, one of those heatsinks was supposed to be in the engine.

Edited by Phobic Wraith, 06 November 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#19 Bleary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:05 AM

I call my new 4J "Lazy Boy".

Sit back and deal a dead reliable 300-400 damage every match. If the team is winning, I get to wade in and mop up with my lasers. If the team is losing, I'm usually among the last to die. Either way I get my damage. It's astonishing how reliable the thing is. I'll think "man we got rolled, that was terrible" and there in the end credits will be '368 damage, 1K, 4 assists'. An orangutan could play this 'Mech. And if anyone is ever foolish enough to stand in the open 300-500 meters away, they melt.

Edited by Bleary, 25 November 2014 - 04:06 AM.

#20 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 05 November 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Likely to avoid claims of P2W?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users