Gauvan's Guides: Understanding Mwo

Guide

No replies to this topic

#1 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:03 AM

I’ve written a number of articles on core concepts in MWO that I hope others, especially new players, will find helpful. My original plan was to link to them all in my signature, but as that isn’t possible I’ve created this index post as an alternative.

Corrections and comments are always welcome--if they are specific to an article I’d suggest posting in the thread for that article.

If there is a topic I haven’t covered that you think I should, feel free to post below. I can make no promises but If I see something interesting and have the time I will see what I can knock out. However, I generally want to limit these to game mechanics and not strategy or user interface topics.

The Guides

Understanding Mech Customization
Understanding Damage
Understanding Heat
Understanding Ballistics: Autocannons, Gauss Rifles, And Machine Guns
Understanding Energy Weapons: Lasers, Ppcs, Flamers, And Tag
Understanding Missiles: Lrms, Srms, Ssrms, Narc And Artemis
Understanding Equipment: Ecm, Bap, Ams, Jump Jets, MASC, Command Console And Targeting Computer
Understanding Mwo Lore: A Brief History Of The Fictional Battletech Universe
Understanding Community Warfare (This article is not being updated)

Requests for Information

There are some topics that I’d like to add to the guides but for which I cannot find good documentation. I'm going to keep a list of these below. If you have insight into one of the following topics I’d very much appreciate to hear it. It’s most useful if you can provide a link to a patch note or other PGI statement with supporting documentation.
  • Q: What is the precise mechanism for damage caused by mech overheating?

Edited by Gauvan, 01 September 2015 - 09:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users