Flamers And Why I Cant Make Any Roast Pork.

Weapons

14 replies to this topic

#1 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

my 13 flamer firebreathing nova doesnt overheat anything. I know flamers are useless but i want to make me some flame broiled locusts and cicadas. dont you know roasted insects taste best?

make my flamers to SOMETHING plx? i need to make dinner im starving :(

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

They bring mechs to 90% heat after a period of time. ~12 seconds with 13 flamers, on most maps.

They deal 0.01 under MG damage.

They have a maximum 90M range, and can become the hottest weapons in the game.

But they don't have a Cone of Fire, so at least they've got that going for them.

Edited by Mcgral18, 06 November 2014 - 10:18 PM.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:38 PM

IMO, Flamer rounds should stick to the mech like napalm and continue to raise the heat for few seconds--with 90% cap as before. That way, the guy with the Flamer does not have to keep looking at the target, and will not heat up as much as the target.

Edited by El Bandito, 06 November 2014 - 10:39 PM.

#4 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:44 PM

I totally got overheated and had to user 2 LPL instead of 3, of course by then the outcome of the our dog-fight was a foregone conclusion. but I did have to slow my roll for a couple of cooldowns.

#5 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

1. Flamers currently can raise up the temperature of an enemy mech to 90%. That is good, don't change that.
2. Add the additional effect that if you flamer somebody who is 95% or more on their heat scale, you set them on fire, doing a little bit of damage over time for 10 or 20 seconds.
3. A mech that is one fire is also detectable by anybody, even through walls as if they were NARC'ed.

#6 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:02 PM

Use an AC10 or lower and kill the Flamer Guy...

#7 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:42 PM

but but let me count the things you can make with flamers.

flame broiled mad cats

toasted locust

char broiled cicadas

medium rare stormcrow

well done black hawks

baked ferrets

basted and broiled dire wolves

flame grilled warhawks

and so on :).

plx i need to make some food and my flamers just arent hot enough to get all the e-coli out of my dinner :).

#8 JP Josh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • Locationsteam- jp josh

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

call me old school but i miss the old day when the mech would over heat shut down and explode if two scout mechs used two flamers each properly.

#9 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

Stunlock is for LRMs only, not flamers.

#10 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

They can't even balance one of the most iconic weapons of battletech. It was never useless in tabletop, what the hell is wrong with these developers that the flamer is outright useless?

#11 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:22 PM

I vote for a 100% buff to flamers.

#12 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

Im pretty sure in mech lab it says they do 0.7 damage, actually a little more than the machine gun, I can tell you that 8 flamers will melt turrets REALLY quickly. Now the thing is if you are face hugging someone and can keep it in their face you can blind them and make them panic, if they try too hard to fire into you when they are at 90 percent heat they will shut themselves down, then you can lay off your flamers and go to town with your other weapons, chug a cool shot, and by the time they power back up.....crank up the heat again. Flamers can be damn annoying in the right situations. They aren't a serious weapon to be sure.....but last night I put 4 UAC 5s, 2 LBX 2s, and 8 flamers on Dire Wolf. I Got 4 kills, 5 assists and over 700 damage. I killed an Atlas, a Ferret, and a T-Wolf with flamers. If you catch someone in thermal vision they will freak out. If you catch someone who is already kinda high on their heat you stand a good chance of completely locking them down. That build for the d-wolf isn't too bad because you can annoy the piss out of people with that build at any range and hurt them pretty badly as well.

#13 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

Russ Bullock hates flamers. When he was a little boy, flamers would pull his pants down at school. Flamers stole his father's job down at the paper mill. His mother had an affair with a flamer, which eventually split the family apart. In 1932, flamers drove his family out of Germany. The name Bullock means "A young ox castrated by flamers".

When Russ Bullock was a little boy, he lived on a farm where he could hear young lambs being slaughtered by flamers at night. Once, he tried to grab a lamb and run away in the middle of the night, but the lamb was too heavy. He couldn't carry it. And it was very cold, very cold. He didn't get more than a few miles before the flamers came to pick him up.

He still wakes up sometimes. Hearing the flamers. The flamers.

View PostFelio, on 07 November 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

Stunlock is for LRMs only, not flamers.

I c wut u done there

#14 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostScrotacus 42, on 07 November 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

Im pretty sure in mech lab it says they do 0.7 damage, actually a little more than the machine gun,

Other way around; MGs are slightly more deadly than Flames. At longer range, for no heat, at half the tonnage.

#15 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostJP Josh, on 07 November 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

call me old school but i miss the old day when the mech would over heat shut down and explode if two scout mechs used two flamers each properly.

I miss the days of MW2 Mercs where if the guy overrode shutdown he simply went BOOM. Any half decent pilot always had at least 1 flamer and it came down to the better pilot and better heat management that won.

Also cooked off ammo as per TT, which sadly MWO lacks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users