• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

Change Log: 4/20/2018
-Updated Data for new mechs. (Through hellfire)

An extension that adds features to the mwomercs.com statistics pages. Including: stat column sorting, filtering mechs by ownership, filtering mechs by weight class, filtering both mechs and weapons by Clan/IS, and filtering weapons by type.

MadStats menu icon in center to access options and quick links.
Creates a Button bar on Weapon stats page to filter by weapon type and clan/is.
Creates a Button bar on Mech stats page to filter by weight class, ownership, and clan/is.
Adds a sticky table header to maintain readability when scrolling through large tables.
Hero mechs renamed for grouping with chassis and preserving sortability; Hero name displayed on hover.
Hides mechs that would display as duplicates.
Sortable Time columns, hover for original time value display.
Single click sorting, descending by default.
Automatically updates owned mech list on profile page or mech stats page
Table styles using tablesorter's built in theme: Black Ice.

Latest Chrome Version

Minimal Bookmarklet Version for other browsers (Thanks Huba!)

Posted Image
At the moment only the Chrome version is available.
Beginning with the 5/19/2015 release, the MadStats menu has been moved to it's own icon in the center of the top bar.
Posted Image

Debug Mode:
When enabled, debug mode will enable features hidden from the default view. They are usually only here because there are still bugs to be worked out. This is not a perfect solution, but it allows me to easily control the default experience while still allowing for the functionality to be used and tested. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Due to the instability of the column filters and download button, they currently require a user to enable debug mode.

The profile page has some display modifications that removes the scrolling box in favor of all mechs in a grid with transparent background. (Just experiments that could evolve into a custom mech display with potential for stat and smurfy integration later.)

Having any problems?
Any issues understanding the filters or functionality?

Utilizes the Tablesorter jQuery plugin. Icons by Sparks Murphey and Tarogato. Thank you!

Developers:
Do what thou wilt with the code, but do consider sharing your changes if they might improve the experience for others. There might be other possibilities we can collaborate on, as well. Just let me know.

PGI web developers are welcome/invited to invalidate my efforts by adding the feature into the real stats site, I'm willing to help.

Edited by MadLibrarian, 20 April 2018 - 07:02 AM.

#2 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:05 PM

This is really slick bro...thanks a ton!

#3 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

No problem, thanks for the feedback. :)

Any suggestions for other website tweaks?

I thought about toying with the menu up top to add in links to smurfy, stats, and outreachHPG in a dropdown menu. Possibly making drop downs of the rest of the menu too. Any votes for this type of site mod?

Anything is possible, and a lot of it is relatively simple.

Edited by MadLibrarian, 07 November 2014 - 11:16 PM.

#4 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:59 PM

Once again the community has to fill in for PGI.

#5 ToxinTractor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

I love it when people come up with this kind of stuff, gives PGI a idea of what we as a community would like to see. Many games benefit from some 3rd party development, EVE online is a good example of that. So is world of tanks. However a system that would allow MWO to import/export load-outs would be really awesome, or at least optimizing the games UI (Seems like more mechs we get there is a noticeable decrease in shop performance) to make the process smoother so we would not have to use third party apps..

Just a idea here.. but a MWO app for android phones that essentially works like smurfys. You touch the section you want to work on, it pulls up the items that can be placed in that one spot (Energy/AMS/Heatsinks/etc). and via the menu button that exists on the phone, itd pull up a small menu that would let you view other mechs/damage or heat charts, etc. And in the upper corner itd have a menu to let you select what mech youd want to work on, showing off its hard points and engine size (Min to max)

I wish I had the skills needed to do some thing like this :(

#6 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:12 AM

So Chrome won't allow me to install and IE downloads it as an .exe which AVG thinks is a virus.

#7 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:34 AM

Nice. Now just a simple doubleclick on column title to sort.

offtopic: Troutmonkey you in Adelaide? cool. the Isengrim has 8 from this lovely city if you wanna look us up.

#8 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 08 November 2014 - 02:12 AM, said:

So Chrome won't allow me to install and IE downloads it as an .exe which AVG thinks is a virus.

Interesting. Thanks for the report. I knew there was an option for packing it as an exe but I didn't enable it. It must do that by default for IE. I can't really really speak for the crossrider platform, but I doubt it actually contains anything malicious. It's probably due to the fact that I didn't sign it with a certificate like one normally would. Who really uses IE anyway? :P

I updated the topic with direct links to resolve the issue. They all worked for me.

I can't seem to test extension updates due to the multiple stage dev process that crossrider uses. I have to uninstall the app while I'm editing, then reinstall the updated version when finished.

Any luck with it updating automatically?

Edited by MadLibrarian, 08 November 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#9 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

View PostToxinTractor, on 07 November 2014 - 11:49 PM, said:

I love it when people come up with this kind of stuff, gives PGI a idea of what we as a community would like to see. Many games benefit from some 3rd party development, EVE online is a good example of that. So is world of tanks. However a system that would allow MWO to import/export load-outs would be really awesome, or at least optimizing the games UI (Seems like more mechs we get there is a noticeable decrease in shop performance) to make the process smoother so we would not have to use third party apps..

Just a idea here.. but a MWO app for android phones that essentially works like smurfys. You touch the section you want to work on, it pulls up the items that can be placed in that one spot (Energy/AMS/Heatsinks/etc). and via the menu button that exists on the phone, itd pull up a small menu that would let you view other mechs/damage or heat charts, etc. And in the upper corner itd have a menu to let you select what mech youd want to work on, showing off its hard points and engine size (Min to max)

I wish I had the skills needed to do some thing like this :(

That would be cool, but it's a bit beyond the level of effort I'll probably ever be able to devote to this game. I'd help as part of a team, but java isn't my strongest suit anyway.

#10 Iverach

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKingston, Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 08 November 2014 - 02:12 AM, said:

With Chrome you have to manually install non-app store extensions by dragging them from where you downloaded them into the extensions window.

#11 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

This is awesome, brother.

If you're looking for suggestions...

Would be nice if it could group my hero mechs with the rest of their chassis :)
And I'd love a way to sort them by weight class, and total out win/losses/kills, etc by weight class, give me an idea how I'm doing in each area :)

#12 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostVotanin FleshRender, on 08 November 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

This is awesome, brother.

If you're looking for suggestions...

Would be nice if it could group my hero mechs with the rest of their chassis :)
And I'd love a way to sort them by weight class, and total out win/losses/kills, etc by weight class, give me an idea how I'm doing in each area :)

Thanks for the great suggestions, I'll look into that. :) Summaries might be a little beyond my intended scope, but it's still doable.

#13 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 07 November 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

Once again the community has to fill in for PGI.

Dude, don't disparage PGI for something that has happened in every game out there. Third-party tools and sites are pretty much guaranteed to be better, more up to date, and overall more useful than any tools the developers give.

If you were expecting anything different, you were wrong.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 08 November 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#14 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

Awesome, thank you.

#15 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

Anyone dislike the style or have performance issues? There's no real reason to include it, besides the cosmetics, so I'm on the fence. There are also other styles, but this one fits the stats page the best, with minor tweaks.
How's the text size? (it's a little smaller than default.)

#16 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostIverach, on 08 November 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

With Chrome you have to manually install non-app store extensions by dragging them from where you downloaded them into the extensions window.

When I use the link in Chrome is says that I can't install it, and I can't download it anywhere. Because the link is a script and not a direct link, I can't save it anywhere and then move it into extensions

EDIT: Didn't notice you added a direct link. Works fine now, cheers!

Edited by Troutmonkey, 08 November 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#17 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:31 AM

Oh dag, thanks for the report. I was hoping that wouldn't happen. I'll either pay the 5 bucks to publish it in their store, or convert it to a userscript for chrome. Might be up tomorrow if I get the time.

Edited by MadLibrarian, 09 November 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#18 Detriitus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts
  • LocationA long time ago in a galaxy far less explored

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:52 PM

Thank you!

#19 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

Now includes chrome userscript for Chrome's tampermonkey extension.

Edited by MadLibrarian, 25 November 2014 - 11:46 PM.

#20 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:49 PM

View PostMadLibrarian, on 11 November 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

Now includes chrome userscript for Chrome's tampermonkey extension.

Tampermonkey is a dead link and the user script has "Invalid Script Header" on my machine using Chrome.

Edited by Troutmonkey, 25 November 2014 - 08:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users