307 replies to this topic

#301 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:23 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 15 May 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

you know having a XL 375 is kinda bleh... I would rather take a XL 300 in a timberwolf then a 375. Even if you can say... put a XL 375 on a heavy mech like a cataphract... would you?

I wouldn't. All my Orion's run 295/300 engines, because that's plenty for what I want them to do.

But the XL375 is hugely beneficial to the TBR. Part of what makes it such a good mech is the speed and mobility it has. There have been so many times when I've been caught out of position and would have died in any other heavy and most mediums. With the TBR you can reposition at your leisure, you don't have to be constantly thinking ahead.

#302 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:24 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 15 May 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

you know having a XL 375 is kinda bleh... I would rather take a XL 300 in a timberwolf then a 375. Even if you can say... put a XL 375 on a heavy mech like a cataphract... would you?

Honestly here are the only IS heavies where an XL 375 is viable (by viable I mean they can mount it, and still have heavy-worth firepower)
1-Wardog
2-Penetrator
3-Marauder
4-Flashman
5-Falconer
6-Black Knight
7- Bandersnatch

I know this, because these are the era-appropriate mechs that can slap a 375, and compete with the T-Wolf in both mobility, and firepower.

The Hammerhands might be a possibility, but considering it's ballistic heavy loadout, you'd be lucky to see a 325 on it.

#303 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:38 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 15 May 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

Stalkers got 4 high points, extreme large laser quirks on the 4N, and no ghost heat for 3 firing.

That's more range firepower then 2 timberwolfs can do.

On top of that, an LRM stalker will beat an LRM timberwolf any day. And this is using a standard engine stalker as an EG.

Stalker 4N has more firepower than 2 timberwolves...

I can't help it, I have to ask... What have you been smoking?

#304 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:53 AM

View PosteFTy, on 15 May 2015 - 03:38 AM, said:

Stalker 4N has more firepower than 2 timberwolves...

I can't help it, I have to ask... What have you been smoking?

This thing called Oxygen, it's quite important for the human body and is needed in the most basic systems in it.

I do suggest you should go outside more often.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 15 May 2015 - 03:24 AM, said:

Honestly here are the only IS heavies where an XL 375 is viable (by viable I mean they can mount it, and still have heavy-worth firepower)
1-Wardog
2-Penetrator
3-Marauder
4-Flashman
5-Falconer
6-Black Knight
7- Bandersnatch

I know this, because these are the era-appropriate mechs that can slap a 375, and compete with the T-Wolf in both mobility, and firepower.

The Hammerhands might be a possibility, but considering it's ballistic heavy loadout, you'd be lucky to see a 325 on it.

being a BT fan and not hearing about half of these names makes me quite interested... OFF TO SARNIA!

View PostLunatech, on 15 May 2015 - 03:23 AM, said:

I wouldn't. All my Orion's run 295/300 engines, because that's plenty for what I want them to do.

But the XL375 is hugely beneficial to the TBR. Part of what makes it such a good mech is the speed and mobility it has. There have been so many times when I've been caught out of position and would have died in any other heavy and most mediums. With the TBR you can reposition at your leisure, you don't have to be constantly thinking ahead.

you can reposition in any mech well if you have the tactical knowledge, use the battlegrid, and co ordinate with your team.

Speed is only a substitute for error.

Edited by Nightshade24, 15 May 2015 - 03:54 AM.

#305 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:55 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 15 May 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

being a BT fan and not hearing about half of these names makes me quite interested... OFF TO SARNIA!

The penetrator is EXACTLY like you would think it looks.

#306 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:59 AM

See, that's the thing - oxygen is for breathing, not smoking (however you manage to do it).

On a more serious note - a timber wolf can pack two ERLLs and fire them much further than the Stalker 4N with all possible mods. Along with those it can pack a great deal more short range firepower, and it moves much faster.

So 2 timber wolves can project more damage at longer range AND once up close they can blast things to shreds w SRMs.

So if you really believe what you just typed, you obviously never drove a Stalker and just got obliterated by coordinated groups driving a dozen of those things. But here's the deal - that group will melt your face in any other half-decent mech.

Now, I'm not saying the 4N is not OP. But it's no more OP than the Timbergod (why do you think it got this nickname?). I'd be more than happy if they nerf both a little bit to bring them closer to the rest of the mechs in the game.

#307 Sahrang

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

at least with this nerf, IS factions have a chance to win

#308 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostIronClaws, on 03 December 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

This can be applied to any mech, but the fact is that the TW, especially the S is not OP. The TW may be able to hold massive amounts of firepower, but most builds run very hot. Also, the TW has large hit boxes, especially when LRMs are equipped and it is less nimble than many other heavies.

View Postavgleandt, on 02 May 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

If you wanted the Timberwolf to have jump jets, you should have released a new variant not nerf and old one. I paid money for specific hard points for this variant, for what I wanted now its useless, I don't see me getting my money back though.

Sorry but this thread had to die and should have been left dead. Please make a new one instead. Thank you.

Edited by CyclonerM, 15 May 2015 - 05:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users