#41 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:51 AM

I always liked the Mk.II.

It has a special look much closer from what I expect for Mech designed for combat.
Pure badass. No wrong angle, no stupid decoration, just pure machine of death.

+ it's a chicken leg. KFC must love these ones

#42 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:47 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 09 November 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

All we need is the Hellbringer, Blood Asp, Mad Cat Mk.II, Vulture Mk.II, Nova Cat, Shadow Cat, and Black Lanner.

There people go.. Bringing up Mechs that are decades away again. Why don't I just start asking for a Jade Hawk while we're at it.

I also agree that we don't need the "Mk. II".

Edited by KelesK, 10 November 2014 - 02:56 AM.

#43 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:34 AM

View PostKelesK, on 10 November 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

There people go.. Bringing up Mechs that are decades away again. Why don't I just start asking for a Jade Hawk while we're at it.

I also agree that we don't need the "Mk. II".

Hey! We need the Jade Hawk too! :P

I think anyway sooner or later than MWO will use the ERA system. For sometime you are at the level of tukyyavid, and after some time at another event with the new mech of that time.
If we do the year by year, it will cause problem.

#44 SRTHellcat

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 8 posts
  • LocationA place to have fun don't care about the tier

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

lmfao i still do pretty well with my Timber, skill check needed for him indeed

#45 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

Not much of a nerf, but anyone running 4 x missile builds had their build ruined.

I don't use JJs so all this made me do was buy another TBR-C and stop using my TBR-S that I ran a 0 jj build with Prime STs on.

The downside for all of you TBR-S lovers out there is in last night's town hall Russ mentioned potential nerfs for the TBR-S in the future since a question asked why did they introduce such an overpowered variant at launch and could they please remove it. His response was remove no since they sold a lot of them for real money but it could be nerfed through negative quirks.

A stunning reversal because I remember just around the time teh IS quirks were starting to be revealed he said that since the JJs were locked now they were going to remove the negative quirks on the -S side torsos.

Really the way this works is if enough people ***** about something it WILL get nerfed whether it needs it or not. So many IS players are trolling the forums and blogs bitching about the Timberwolf we need to do a better job putting out an equal amount of positive propaganda or we are doomed.

Edited by Kain Thul, 14 November 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#46 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:22 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 14 November 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Not much of a nerf, but anyone running 4 x missile builds had their build ruined.

Aff :(

Btw, they already have this negative "quirk" that is impacting negatively more than one of my favourite configurations, they should not give them any more, at worst they can retain their old ones..

#47 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:26 AM

unfortunately I never take my S out anymore. Just the C and the Prime. But thats enough for me.

#48 Darbbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:06 PM

So I think what the original poster of the JJ's question was reffering too was the fact that an Omni mech has the capability to interchange hardpoints. With the fixed JJ's attached to the mod with ballistic hardpoint on it you cannot mount a heavier ballistic weapon to it because of the slots taken up by the JJ's which also forced me to mount ammo in the arms....wtf that's not even realistic which pissed me off as well right after I spent real money to buy all three Timberwolfs. I love JJ's just as much as the next guy/girl but that's just ********

There are 3 main variants to each mech. 1) Weapon = This mech has less armor and no jump jets to be able to weild more weapons. 2) Armor = Some weapons and no jump jets to make room for more armor. 3) JumpJet = This mech has a ballance of armor weapons and the ability to jump which makes this variant the most versatile in the bunch.

This is how it should be. give us same amount of hardpoints but let us decide which hardpoint it is otherwise it is just a glorified Inner Sphere mech with zero omni points.

#49 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:36 PM

Posted Image

#50 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:35 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 17 November 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

Lets nerf the people who say nerf the Timber Wolf :D This is how this mech was in TT which is what people wanted. Accuracy. You people asked for it so stop complaining when it comes out the way it should. I am sick people every time they get mad saying NERF this NERF that. It is irritating. Stop complaining and live with it. The Clans were superior on the technological level 100 times over the IS and they have already nerfed the Clan tech enough. Live with it. If you don't like it buy yourself a Timber Wolf.

so you enjoy when the games turns into direwolfs and timberwolfs online?

#51 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:52 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 18 November 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

On a side note, i hate the Dire Wolf :P

And i am thinking about buying an Adder..

Personally, i am tired of Clan nerfs. Russ promised there would be no more. Now it is time, if nothing else, to give some small quirks to Adder, Nova, Summoner and Warhawk so we see more of them on the field :D

#52 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 18 November 2014 - 04:52 AM, said:

On a side note, i hate the Dire Wolf :P

And i am thinking about buying an Adder..

Personally, i am tired of Clan nerfs. Russ promised there would be no more. Now it is time, if nothing else, to give some small quirks to Adder, Nova, Summoner and Warhawk so we see more of them on the field :D

Do it, I love my 2 x CLPL 2 x CERML Adder. Runs a bit hot but damage is good for a light with a nice alpha and range.

Such hyperbole. It isn't like that in the pug queue now even though both 'mechs c-bill release are recent and in CW the 240t limit pretty much rules out taking one of each and if you take a Dire Wolf your other 3 slots are gonna be pretty limited.

As much as I like the Dire Wolf (and its my best 'mech statistically) I won't be able to run it in CW. My drop deck will be:

Timberwolf, Stormcrow, Nova, Adder.

Edited by Kain Thul, 18 November 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#53 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 18 November 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Do it, I love my 2 x CLPL 2 x CERML Adder. Runs a bit hot but damage is good for a light with a nice alpha and range.

I was thinking about trying different configurations: the classic 2ERPPC Prime for mobile sniping fun (you do not always expect 30 damage from a light at 600meters away!), something with 2 LPLs, maybe something with SRMs, i enjoy them on my Kit Fox.

I have seen some crazy configs that showcase the Adder's underestimated versatility and the incredibile weapon loadout it can bring. Things like an UAC/2 + a couple of ER Meds and maybe a SRM launcher.. :D

#54 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 18 November 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

My drop deck-
Timber Wolf
Jenner (C)
Hunchback (first mech I ever had so nostalgia)
Firebrand AC40 Boom Jager.

If you're clan you only drop with clan.

If you're IS you only drop with IS.

This drop deck will not be possible.

#55 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 18 November 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

I was thinking about trying different configurations: the classic 2ERPPC Prime for mobile sniping fun (you do not always expect 30 damage from a light at 600meters away!), something with 2 LPLs, maybe something with SRMs, i enjoy them on my Kit Fox.

I have seen some crazy configs that showcase the Adder's underestimated versatility and the incredibile weapon loadout it can bring. Things like an UAC/2 + a couple of ER Meds and maybe a SRM launcher.. :D

I really wanted to love Adder Prime. It was my favorite light in MW4 by a long shot--I loved winning Solaris with it.

I've always loved PPCs and use them on all of my builds. I now have 11k hits in them with near 70% accuracy, so I'm good with them as well.

However, my numbers in the Adder Prime just never blew anyone's skirt up. My damage would only typically be in the 200 range due to spending time cooling off or once someone finds out that you keep busting them up with PPCs they send a few lights of their own after you (and you will not win vs 2 IS lights with 150+kph speed trying to kill them with PPCs and there is no running away) and your match is over. I blame this on the sad state of the Clan Extended Range PPC in this game--if they had anything close to lore appropriate travel times and the full 15 damage this would be a terror of a light like it was in MW4.

With my Gauss Adder and the previously mentioned LPL/ERML combo I can double the damage of my Adder Prime. The Gauss is VERY stealth too since it doesn't reveal your presence like lasers or PPCs--lights are often downright surprised when I leg them with it.

Edited by Kain Thul, 18 November 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#56 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 18 November 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Same here Kain. Although I really suck at this game but I can't usually pull over 250 on my Adder. My Jenner I pulled 408 last match I played it on, but I just suck badly. But yeah this game is not TWolf/DWolf centric. In fact its far from even with both of these for C-bills. I have no idea what Lily is talking about. Twolf Online lol.Yeah right. Explain the 4 lights, 4 Meds, and 4 Assaults 90% aren't half the time Clan are doing out there.

Why? Did PGI design it this way or is this more Clan Honor. Cause Clan Honor says defeat them with what you can that is equal. Thus I am in the right with this drop. If PGI is designing it this way... then I am screwed cause I sold my other 2 Clan mechs so I could buy my Timber Wolf (BECAUSE ITS THE BEST MECH EVER AND MY FAVORITE SINCE PLAYED IN MECH3 WHEN I WAS 2.5 YEARS OLD! ARRHHH!!!!!!).

Yes it is official-per PGI you will have to use 'mechs from your faction, at least at first.

#57 Mauadib

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 18 November 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Something like what I have been running a lot of lately then? May not be the best fit ever but I have fun in it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9b719d5b3195a1b

#58 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:54 AM

View PostMauadib, on 18 November 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

Something like what I have been running a lot of lately then? May not be the best fit ever but I have fun in it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9b719d5b3195a1b

And you say a light with that firepower is DOA? :o

#59 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

It is not remotely close to DW + TW online. Most of the noobs figured out the DW is too tough for LRM point and click from 800m away pilots. The TW is not god mode, and so those who thought it was have dropped off playing it and gone back to the really OP stuff, like the 5SS TBolt.

Clans are weak sauce.

#60 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostGyrok, on 19 November 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

It is not remotely close to DW + TW online. Most of the noobs figured out the DW is too tough for LRM point and click from 800m away pilots. The TW is not god mode, and so those who thought it was have dropped off playing it and gone back to the really OP stuff, like the 5SS TBolt.

Clans are weak sauce.

the only reason why it is not atm is the massive release of new mechs that people now level up, before that tehre were TBR's and DW's everywhere, basicallly 50% of the clanmechs consisted only of these chassis.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users